Infinite 4nine clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfranks04

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Chicago, IL
Ok so far so good. Everything is firing pretty good in the 18650 and 18500 configuration. The button is a little crunchy but hopefully that will get better in time. The only problem is that I cannot get the mod to fire in 18350 mode. I'm using the purple Efest button tops so if anyone else is getting that to work please let me know.

I do hope to get that fixed because I really wanted to have it setup in 18350 mode with my kayfun nano kit but so far I'm happy with it for the price I paid.

<EDIT>

Perhaps the button is breaking in but right now I'm able to get the mod setup in 18350 mode and its working great. So far I'm really liking this mod and saving $100 on the clone is great. Hopefully it keeps up as it is fantastic for the $40 I paid for it.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
No use for a mod that can short or auto fire under normal use. To bad really, 4nine looks nice.

Sorry, but like any other mod, people should raise hell and the makes should correct the issues.

I do have a Telescopic with spring loaded bottom switch. I know enough to not over tighten but still rarely use it.

dfranks04

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Chicago, IL
No use for a mod that can short or auto fire under normal use. To bad really, 4nine looks nice.

Sorry, but like any other mod, people should raise hell and the makes should correct the issues.

I do have a Telescopic with spring loaded bottom switch. I know enough to not over tighten but still rarely use it.

Please explain. How can this mod short?

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)

please elaborate on these issues because i'm seriously considering buying one of these and would really appreciate your input.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
Remember how the 510 connector looks. The center pin part can be even or slightly recessed into the connector. The top cap of the 4nine is identical to the semi-hybrid adapter made for various mods. It fits onto the 510 connector of the atomizer which goes through the cap and has threads which screw into the tube. The 510 connector contacts the top of the battery. If you use a flat top battery and an atomizer that's like above you'll be shorting the battery right at the 510 connector. Even a button top battery could be shorted in the same way although it's much less likely.

Of course anyone with a semi-hybrid adapter for their mod needs deal with the same issue. Considering how paranoid and how much folks here like to complain about anything and everything you can see its more of a theoretical issue from the complete lack of "it made my mod blow up" threads here. Pretty much if you get the short you'll know when it happens and can immediately take steps to stop it which explains the lack of real problems.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
.......@bsoplinger, thanks for your input....i have been using Hybrid adapters on my Nemi's with flat-tops without problems....have made sure the contact pin on the RDA's were slightly extended and was aware that using recessed or very short pins on an RDA this way could be problematic.....from the statement the other fellow made i thought there were other issues......i don't know yet if this mod is for me, the couple of reviews i have watched have both shown some small issues with the switch and firing properly and i'm sure it can be worked out......my main use for any Mec is for subbing between .6 to .8....finding some 18650 30/35amp button-tops has been iffy all day so far, did find some at KP but the price was outrageous.......i really like the 4nine it has peaked my interest.

not to change the topic but after considering my needs i'm leaning twords the Tree of Life Mod i think it might better suit me, plus the threading is 20X1 so i can pick up an adapter at Fusion for it...(just sayin)

Porksmuggler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
USA
How hard is it to realize your pin needs to be lower than the outside (510, atty, threads) if your having that problem you should probably buy an ego or just shoot yourself.

Just kidding moderators don't yell at me.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

On any rda, I really don't think it should be hard to tell, but I guess it's still worth mentioning since with most other mods, it's a non-issue. I could see it being an issue on some genesis style atties though, where the center pin could be pushed up if everything was screwed down to tightly.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
That's a bit better than I heard, but I don't have one and never used one, I was thinking about buying the Clone and making the internals out of better material but it's got copper to the button right? I was thinking it was a magnet, then I thought a magnet with copper ring around it, that's what it has?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Solid copper button... cutout recess in center for magnet.. battery sits on derlin with a copper ring in center with magnet inserted in that ring.

I don't think you can get much better than 0.3voltage "drop,"when battery is used to measure it. I'd like to get a clone and put some leads on it to find it's resistance loss...with like 100volts going through it.

Could it be any better from a 2month old battery that's been ridden hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread