Status
Not open for further replies.

snipeslayer

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2014
United States
First and foremost - thanks for any assistance that can be provided here on this matter. Over the past month or so I have been running my infinite CLT with a twisted 28g build @ 0.5ohms on my IPV2 and loving every second of it. The other day I noticed that my coils were looking quite gnarly and decided to change out the wire. After doing that everything has gone to hell. My middle dual post has decided to start twisting on me randomly and not locking down and now my ohms/volts are jumping all over the place (e.g. 0.8-4.2-1.4-0.9 and such). Now, I have been able to fix the CLT after reading another post by taking a pair of pliers to the atty and pressing the dual posts back into the deck and it seems to hold appropriately now, but my ohms/volts are still jumping everywhere completely ruining my ability to have a consistent vape. Intermittently as well it will display 'check atomizer' and i will untwist it and then re-twist it back exactly where it was and it is fine. I pulled the bottom adjustable connection on the CLT and cleaned it out and everything out as well as I could, but I have still gotten these problems. I have thrown my IGO-w on the ipv and gotten consistent ohms/volts holding strong at 0.3, and same with my 454 @ 0.6ohms, so at this point I am ruling out a problem with my ipv.

My thoughts are that since it has no moving parts and is all metal there has to be some form of either user error here or its an overly simple problem to fix that I am just vastly overlooking. I am not 100% sure what to check for on it with a multimeter or the best way to assess it, or if it is as simple as 'oh you need to assess this part'. I am completely lost on which way to go on it at this point and any advice would be greatly appreciated. I love the CLT and it has been my workhorse for the past three months or so, so I hate to see her get replaced if there is any way around that. :confused:

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
When the resistance starts jumping around, it's usually a sign of a short.

I don't know much about the atty that you're talking about, but is it possible that you're missing a o-ring or some sort of separator that keeps the + and - parts apart throughout the device?

If I were you, I would see if you can find a picture or schematic for the atty and compare it to yours. Maybe there is a tiny little piece of plastic that is missing or melted or something of that effect.

Best of luck!

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I don't one of the model you are using but from what you describe...
Now, I have been able to fix the CLT after reading another post by taking a pair of pliers to the atty and pressing the dual posts back into the deck and it seems to hold appropriately now, but my ohms/volts are still jumping everywhere
It sounds as if you corrected the physical problem of a wobbly post, but not the electrical connection problem of a wobbly post.

That is whatever the post contacts inside the RDA to pass the electricity from the 510 connector to the top of the post, it sounds like it is simply press fit..

If you take you multimeter and measure the ohms between the bottom pin in the 510 connector and the top of the dual post, applying a little pressure to test the connectivity. I would bet you will find the measurement will change as you wobble the post just enough to lose the solid connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread