RDA Infinite CLT V3 vs. Mutation X V3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
And a deeper juice well and a more conical top cap I've heard. I read somewhere that the mutx top cap is a flavor killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my experience there isn't a whole lot of difference between the two. I don't really get great flavor from the Troll or MutX. I use the MutX more but that's just personal preference. I bought the glass cap for the MutX as well. Only two airholes and no airflow adjustment but I like how it looks and it seems to improve the flavor.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
I just don't know what it is. I've had a Freakshow, Hobo, Troll, Archon, and Kennedy comp. For some reason, I liked the vape of the Troll with chuff cap the best. And I'm not going for clouds. I'm speaking past tense because I sold my first Troll that I put dozens of build through to get a brand new one in a different color (from a different vendor), only to have the center post spin in it after 3 builds. I returned it for an Archon instead for its accessories, support, and most importantly, the replaceable hexagonal center post. I mean I really like the Archon, but I still find myself missing my Troll. I got an Archon chuff top on the way and I'm still experimenting on builds with it but so far of all the rdas I mentioned the Troll is still my favorite.

Reactions: jhhollier

pls0138

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
New Jersey
Since I prefer single coil builds, the Mutation X would be the choice for me. I have a MX V3 and I love it. I use single twisted parallel coils in there and I get amazing flavor out it, on par with any other RDA I have. I've found that I get the best out of it when I angle my coil diagonally so it lines up with the design of the AFC. I actually leave only one row of air holes open (when I put the top cap on I make sure to line it up directly with the coil), this gives it a tighter draw but the flavor really pops, like I said before, rivals the "flavor chasing" attys I have.

m4ltl1quor

Nov 30, 2013
USA
Love my Mutation X V3 nice post holes to accomidate alot of builds, and good flavor. Rocking a 26/32 clapton parallel with a tiger.
11208589_402621926613113_681958459_n.jpg

WulfenBlade

Oct 7, 2014
Canton, IL
Since I started this thread I got the *****, Archon, and Kennedy comp. The ***** gets great flavor even with chuff cap and wide open for some reason. I can get good flavor on the Archon too but with holes closed off. I'm still not convinced that the mutation x gives good flavor. Haven't tried it but from everything I've read and heard, most say it's primarily for cloud chasing. And deep well? The ***** has somewhere between a 5-6 mm juice well which is one of the deepest in the game. Only thing that beats it right now is the El Carbon with 7 mm.

I wish I knew what rda you were talking about there. Just my opinion, I consider the well fairly deep, but before I got my muts I used plume veils and dark horse, which essentially have no well. I think it gives decent flavor, but maybe its just my coils. I don't like the design of the kennedy, and im not familiar with the archon. If you could clarify what the ***** is i'm intrigued.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
I wish I knew what rda you were talking about there. Just my opinion, I consider the well fairly deep, but before I got my muts I used plume veils and dark horse, which essentially have no well. I think it gives decent flavor, but maybe its just my coils. I don't like the design of the kennedy, and im not familiar with the archon. If you could clarify what the ***** is i'm intrigued.

Wtf??? Why is it being censored? Lol. Anyway yeah. I'm talking about the T R - O L - L. But the Archos is made by Cloud Chasers Inc. and it's relatively new. 5.8 mm juice well, American designed, hexagonal posts, staggered air holes that you can close off one at a time. Still waiting on my chuff top for it then it may become my favorite atty. Rocking a dual 24 gauge twisted in it right now.

20f64f52efd775e1b779eb19d5b1472d.jpg

jmarly

May 10, 2015
So the freakshow is my first and only rda, and while I love it for flavor and vapor I am just thinking about my next rda.

While I'm using the freakshow correctly and not really having any leaking issues, I am looking for an rda that would have less potential to leak, especially in my pocket.

Also while the vapor production is "not too shabby" from the freakshow, I want my next one to at least be on the same level in terms of the vapor production.

And lastly, I do prefer flavor over vapor.

I'm looking at either the Infinite CLT V3 or the Mutation X V3 Project Subohm edition (both sold out everywhere atm of course).

Thoughts?

Try the little boy its amazing in both clouds and flavor. I have all 3 and the little boy is by far my fav

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread