The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Infinite Magma Posts Misaligned

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by snipeslayer, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. snipeslayer

snipeslayer Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 25, 2014
    United States
    I ordered an Infinite Magma from an eBay seller for a pretty good price ($25.50 and they have 14 day returns). Upon opening up the device and assessing it I noticed that the posts were not aligned properly. It wound up cutting off part of the side of the juice well. :mad: Is this normal? If it is not normal (which I do not think it is) is there a known 'easy' fix to this so that I can avoid sending it back to the seller? I hate to just buy and return stuff, this thing is immaculate minus that one part. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If it is something that me fixing it will run the risk of permanently damaging the device or degrading the integrity of it for the future I will just exchange it.

Thanks for any thoughts on this! :)

Attached Files:

2. usr/

usr/ Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    N. Alabama
    snipe, don't know if you had come to any conclusion about your magma issue but it appears to be defective. Apparently machined off center. Was just looking at mine and the posts should be concentric to the air holes and the edges of the juice well. Haven't done any disassembly to see if it possible it's assembled backward or something but I don't see how that could be either. I don't like sending things back either but I think it's a defect. Good luck with it. It's really a good device.

3. snipeslayer

Jul 25, 2014
    United States
    Hey man, thanks for the reply. I agree, it was defective and the seller agreed with that decision as well. I would honestly love to copy and paste the e-mail from them, but I believe that is against the TOS of the site. I purchased it from Paradigm Magma V2 Copper Brass Black Clone Atomizer by Infinite RBA RDA Atty | eBay and I must say - they are taking care of me. Basically the reply from the seller was that they would be sending me a new replacement bottom without me having to send the defective unit back to them....which was awesome! Seller agreed that they would inspect it personally before shipping it out to make sure it was correct prior to shipping. Apparently they used to open them all up (according to seller the infinite magma products had a few bad apples here and there) but people kept complaining about the opened package prior to shipping, so they stopped. They have one of the lowest prices on the Infinite Magma clones ($25.50//black), compiled with the 14 day return policy and this level of customer service = awesome place to get vape supplies. I normally wouldn't brag this much about a vendor, but they earned it. Check them out if you need anything, they took great care of me.

4. Katcandoo

Katcandoo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 4, 2013
    Georgia , USA
    I ordered one from an online vape store, and one of the posts would spin when tightening the post screw. Had some back and forth with the seller and they finally replaced it. Apparently, it's a known manufacturing defect with the clones.

5. Mancomb

Mancomb Full Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I have one that is off center (not quite as much as yours) and spins and leans. I just chalked it up to clone inconsistencies and hadn't tried to inquire about a replacement. It still works fine, I figure I may have to do some fiddling with it in the future.

6. snipeslayer

Jul 25, 2014
    United States
    Yeah mine would burn worse on one side drying out the wick and leading to dry hits on half of the atty. Seller was nice enough to have an inspected replacement base sent out already to me in transit! For such a high quality clone they can really have a few messed up ones...

7. Bunnykiller

Bunnykiller ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    its built that way. there is a 65 thou difference between each side ( post to outer edge). one side measures .175" the other side measures .110". And the original from Paradigm is the same.....

8. jaxgator

jaxgator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 24, 2014
    Jacksonville, FL
    Sort of like this?

[​IMG]

9. Slanted Thinker

Slanted Thinker Senior Member Verified Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Virginia
    Mine is slightly off-center as well. Not quite as much as yours seems to be, but still off-center. There was a review done on You/tube comparing the authentic to the Infinite clone, and they mentioned the off-center post design on both if I remember correctly.

10. Bunnykiller

Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    yup, exactly like that.....

11. Katcandoo

Katcandoo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 4, 2013
    Georgia , USA
    This is what mine did:

image.jpg

12. snipeslayer

Jul 25, 2014
    United States
    Am I missing something here...why would they make them be off like that? Is there a benefit to it?

13. Bunnykiller

Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    it has to do with the + post assembly, torque, lower insulator size, and assembly techniques...

and to think about it even further, if it was evenly spaced, do you think it would perform better vape wise?? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.