Infinity from Notcigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
Does he ever answer it? If so, would you be willing to share?

Well since Zen seems MIA at the moment..sure Don... The tank is Zen's own creation called the Tankmeister 5000, it requires machining, so not exactly a DIY. But it holds like 10ml of juice and runs off of Clearomizer XL innards.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
I've been weighing out getting a ProVari for some time now, but after reading this thread I'm starting to consider the Infinity as well... OP (or anyone else for that matter), if money weren't as much of a factor, which would you purchase first?

If money isn't a factor, I hate to say it...The Provari. But let's be real here.. The Provari costs almost exactly double, so it should be better! But if you are looking for VV performance backed up by a good company, The Infinity is a good option.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
I understand that Buzz at Notcigs is trying to convey a point, but I think that 2.8 ohms is overstating it a bit. The Infinity has a protection circuit on it's board that limits the maximum amps to 1.9A. Amps = Voltage divided by atty resistance (ohms). So what this means is this: If you crank the Infinity to it's highest setting at 5.6V and you are using a 2.4 ohm atty 5.6/2.4 = 2.33 amps, The Infinity's protection circuit may stop the unit from firing. If you turn the voltage down to 4.5V with the same atty, it would be under the 1.9A and work fine. So the solution to run at higher voltage is to use a higher resistance atty/carto like 2.8-3.2 ohms. Using the same formula, 5.8 V/3.0 ohms - 1.93A. right at the limit, but fine. This is not unusual for VV devices. The ProVari also uses a protection circuit, but it is at 2.5A, which gives it alot more leeway to the lower resistance atty uses. The Infinity's thinner size requires a smaller pcb and the 1.9A limit is a limitation of that size. But for most people, the Infinity works out fine using anything down to about 2.5 ohms. Below that and it is dicey. You didn't hear me say this...theoretically a 2.0ohm atty at 3.7v is only 1.85A and within the limit of the protection circuit. I personally wouldn't do it because 1) the manufacturer is telling you not to and 2) it will hurt battery life and 3) you can get the same quality vape by just using higher voltage and a higher ohms atty/carto. So really what Buzz is trying to get across is that LR is not necessary to get good TH and vape quality on a VV device. But within it's limits, the Infinity does work quite well. After saying all that, my bottom line recommendation for an Infinity atty? Get a 3.2 ohm MAP Tank. It vapes like a drip atty across the entire voltage range

Thanks for the explanation about the protection circuit....it sealed the deal for me to NOT get one. Nothing worse than wasting money and I believe that would be the case for me and the Infinity.

I have to disagree with you about the Tank Mod vaping like a drip atty. I've got 4 of 'em; including 2 3.2's. They're good and I like using Tank Mods, but saying they vape like a drip atty is simply not accurate...IMHO. I've never vaped any carto that vapes like a drip atty....ever.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
Thanks for the explanation about the protection circuit....it sealed the deal for me to NOT get one. Nothing worse than wasting money and I believe that would be the case for me and the Infinity.

I have to disagree with you about the Tank Mod vaping like a drip atty. I've got 4 of 'em; including 2 3.2's. They're good and I like using Tank Mods, but saying they vape like a drip atty is simply not accurate...IMHO. I've never vaped any carto that vapes like a drip atty....ever.

I know your choice in VV, Parallex2! So no, I didn't see you buying one.

floridamale

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
The Infinity is longer and thinner than The Buzz. No recessed 510 on Infinity and I don't think on the Buzz either. Go over to the Notcigs forum and ask Bovinia nicely to show you her picture with both of them in it. That will give you the best idea of size.

Thanks .......

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
I know your choice in VV, Parallex2! So no, I didn't see you buying one.

It's not about "choice", whatever that's supposed to mean.....it's about what the VV will and won't do. I have a LOT of attys that are not compatible with that particular PV. That's all. I assumed, and we all know what happens when we do that, the usual range of attys would work with it. Finding out it's limitations saved me from making a trade for one. I'm grateful you posted the info.

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
Does he ever answer it? If so, would you be willing to share?

Sorry, I didn't see the question! I suddenly started getting PMs with people asking about it, so I figured something was up...

OK, here's the deal...

It's the Tankmeister 5000, and I machined it out of aluminum with my Homier Metal lathe I purchased online. As has already been stated, it's a tank designed specifically for clearomizer "gutz"... it won't work with standard CE2's because it needs the silicone seal that is present on the Clearomizer atty connector. The tank held 10Ml of juice and wicked up every last drop.

It is made of three parts, and I will eventually make a drawing of it for anoybody else that wants to try their hand at making one. The "Tank" part is the biggest part, there is an inner seal cap that engages the ceramic cup and a top cap that seals the whole thing... no leaks.

I have stopped using it because of the concern about aluminum coming in contact with eJuice. I have decided that it's not worth the risk so It was retired... working perfectly... it was a sad day.

I have since repurposed the tank and cap to make a battery holder for my latest creation, an ePipe that uses ego tank attys.

ePipe1.jpg

Last edited:

fiercemoose

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Fresno, CA
www.ecigology.com
If money isn't a factor, I hate to say it...The Provari. But let's be real here.. The Provari costs almost exactly double, so it should be better! But if you are looking for VV performance backed up by a good company, The Infinity is a good option.

Thanks for the honest answer Cuse. There is no doubt that the Infinity is a KILLER value, and I will most likely end up getting both units. Was mostly curious which would be the first purchase is all... You rock.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Which is longer in lenght the Infinity or the Buzz I understand the Buzz has a larger diameter. Also is the 510connector recessed on the Buzz or Infinity.
Thanks

This may help Floridamale :)

From left to right: big Chuck, Infinity, Buzz, Elegant, KR808
Infinity004.jpg

510 top on Infinity
Infinitywell.jpg

Infinity and Buzz side by side, both 510 top caps
Infinity003.jpg

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
Okay then, mea culpa stownz.
Although why isn't he stating that fact?
That is a rhetorical question.
C.B.
:evil:

Huh? Stownz was just responding to Greymattergirl who said the logo was so sharp on the PV it might even cut her finger. :confused:

I'm going to buy an Infinity as well. They are still trying to catch up with orders, so I guess it's selling very well. Reviews are good.

passerbyeus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2009
Kentucky
I am back and that is not a good thing, The Infinity has screwed up already on the second week or has it even been a week.... The top cap has come loose and sometimes the dial gets stuck and you can not adjust it. I like the Infinity but the quality is crappy, not sure if there is a rush or these guys dont care.....

Last edited:

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
What happened to your unit?

EDit: I see you posted the problem. Don't feel so bad. I really wanted the Infinity to work for me. I sent it in once for repair. It was returned and still not working. I sent it back yesterday for a refund. When it worked I loved it the first week.

I really do think they care about the products they sell. I would contact them and see if they can help solve any problems you are having.

Last edited:

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
I am back and that is not a good thing, The Infinity has screwed up already on the second week or has it even been a week.... The top cap has come loose and sometimes the dial gets stuck and you can not adjust it. I like the Infinity but the quality is crappy, not sure if there is a rush or these guys dont care.....

Regarding the Top Cap you might wanna read this..http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/notcigs/160143-top-cap-my-infinity-came-loose.html Hope it helps in some way. Sorry to hear about your ∞.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread