Status
Not open for further replies.

passerbyeus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2009
Kentucky
Ok If anyone has read my past post I kinda push a little on what I think if things are good or not and I tell exactly how I feel about a product. The Infinity is my first mod and it has been a struggle figuring out which mod to really get, I have given Buzz kinda a hard time and other suppliers just trying to get this one right. So in my dismay I canceled the Infinity twice, once because it was takeing way to long to get it and the other because I found one on the classifieds. So I got the one from the classifieds today. It looks brand new and the batterys where still sealed. The batterys go in fine with room to spare. I have been useing it for about a couple hours now and to be honest I am very happy with it. I have in cartos's from liquidxpress and clouds of vapor. I can crank it up all the way and once again its working excellent. I really like the fact if a juice seems to hot I can just turn it down in a split second. I see a light inside but it does not glow around the dial like I thought it would but its no biggy at all. Also I wish the screw cap had little grooves so my fingers would not slip trying to screw it on and off, but thats not a biggy eaither. The build quility is good I see some minor things at the end where the batts go in. Its a little long then what I am use to especially with a cartos and drip tip. The noise level is ok with a cartos. The price is ok but compaired to others its fair. Like I said this is my first mod and I would recommend it to anyone. I will give credit where credit is due this time, I might be back in a week ticked off over it but I doubt it and since I can vape my KBV Candy Bar at 5V I give the Infinity 5 stars. Thanks BUZZ....​

VPC

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
USA
I really want to try a VV PV and am seriously thinking of getting one of the second run Infinitys due to come out in a few months. I was looking at ther ProVari but do the higher cost with everything and the fact that I am happy with my Riva's with 2.0 Boges I am thinking of trying an Infinity. It seems like a good bang for the buck VV PV and I like the size, looks and I would like a tube style VV PV..

Thanks for the quick review and report back after you have used for a while. Bottom line is you say your very happy with it so far so that sounds good to me since I am pretty sure I am going to be ordering one.

Btw what other VV tube PV's were you considering in around this price range of the Infinty?

greymattergirl

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
Lake Placid, Florida
I got my Infinity on Monday. It is my first mod as well. I LOVE it! Being able to dial the voltage is brillant! I agree, the light is just pointless because you can't see anything at all with it, but like you, it doesn't bother me in the least. I vape pretty hard from about 6 am to 9 pm or so, and the batts haven't died on me yet. I also agree that the battery cover should have grooves or something to provide some grip, but really it doesn't bother me, just nit picking. The only real complaint I have is where the Infinity symbol is machiened into the barrel...I love love the symbol, but in the center of it one of the points, its quite sharp, and if I'm not careful it will cut my finger. I don't know if they're all like that or maybe mine just didnt get buffed out properly..I know its there so I'm just careful not to rub it. Its a small thing really because I love the Infinity so much. I got mine in the chrome on chrome..its very smooth, shiny, just beautiful. It's a pretty sexy lookin mod. Perfect for the ladies or the gents. ( I know some ladies dont want to carry around say, a huge SB ;) I really cant say enough about this mod, if your on the fence I would def reccomend getting one. Being able to dail the voltage is like driving in your first motor car after having walked the first 10 years of your life..its awesome! Just one request NotCigs.....A master on/off switch please! My BWB juices have really gone to the next level with the Infinity, its well worth the time and money. Any questions, feel free to pm me. I hope this helps people on the fence..GET AN INFINITY!! It really is the dogs bollocks!

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
I'm wondering how in the world can you tell what voltage your using since you cannot read the wheel? :?:
It is so far recessed into the body of the mod that the numbers aren't large enough or dark enough though it is a small wheel.
So how does anyone tell what voltage your using without screwing on a voltmeter?
Besides mine never worked.:-x
C.B.
:evil:

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
CB,
The numbers are not real easy to read like you said. The only visual reference on the wheel is the white line. That represents the midpoint voltage of 4.5V. I usually start there and go up or down in very small movements until the vape feels and tastes just right. Once in a while, I'll check it with a meter but after you use it for awhile, you can guess your voltage pretty close.

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
CB,
The numbers are not real easy to read like you said. The only visual reference on the wheel is the white line. That represents the midpoint voltage of 4.5V. I usually start there and go up or down in very small movements until the vape feels and tastes just right. Once in a while, I'll check it with a meter but after you use it for awhile, you can guess your voltage pretty close.

Thank you cuseguy, I appreciate your advice but do you turn your wheel clockwise or counter clockwise?
C.B.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
I don't actually care what voltage it's running at... To me, that's a pointless number. I start with it on the index line and turn it up or down to get the right taste and heat.

Up is dialing to the right, down is towards the left... It's intuitive once you have a chance to actually use it... It's not about the numbers.

This is a great little vv PV!

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
Thank you cuseguy, I appreciate your advice but do you turn your wheel clockwise or counter clockwise?
C.B.
Clockwise....To raise your voltage, hold on your thumb on the wheel and slide to the right, to lower voltage, slide your thumb left.

EDIT: Hey Zen! Good to see you! You said exactly what I agree with!

NoMatches

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
LI, NY
C.B.

Huh? Stownz was just responding to Greymattergirl who said the logo was so sharp on the PV it might even cut her finger. :confused:

I'm going to buy an Infinity as well. They are still trying to catch up with orders, so I guess it's selling very well. Reviews are good.

son et lumiere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Earth
I don't actually care what voltage it's running at... To me, that's a pointless number. I start with it on the index line and turn it up or down to get the right taste and heat.

Up is dialing to the right, down is towards the left... It's intuitive once you have a chance to actually use it... It's not about the numbers.

This.............

MadHatter

Sic itur ad astra
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2010
Waco, Texas
I've always read that one of the big benefits of a VV PV is their versatility. No matter what atty you stick on you can dial it to your preferred spot.

I was thinking about ordering an ∞ recently, but then I noticed on the ordering page that it says "No use of LR attys under 2.8 ohms."

For me this means almost all the attys I own, and would need to keep around for back up devices, can't even be used on the ∞.

What atomizers do people usually use with this?

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
I understand that Buzz at Notcigs is trying to convey a point, but I think that 2.8 ohms is overstating it a bit. The Infinity has a protection circuit on it's board that limits the maximum amps to 1.9A. Amps = Voltage divided by atty resistance (ohms). So what this means is this: If you crank the Infinity to it's highest setting at 5.6V and you are using a 2.4 ohm atty 5.6/2.4 = 2.33 amps, The Infinity's protection circuit may stop the unit from firing. If you turn the voltage down to 4.5V with the same atty, it would be under the 1.9A and work fine. So the solution to run at higher voltage is to use a higher resistance atty/carto like 2.8-3.2 ohms. Using the same formula, 5.8 V/3.0 ohms - 1.93A. right at the limit, but fine. This is not unusual for VV devices. The ProVari also uses a protection circuit, but it is at 2.5A, which gives it alot more leeway to the lower resistance atty uses. The Infinity's thinner size requires a smaller pcb and the 1.9A limit is a limitation of that size. But for most people, the Infinity works out fine using anything down to about 2.5 ohms. Below that and it is dicey. You didn't hear me say this...theoretically a 2.0ohm atty at 3.7v is only 1.85A and within the limit of the protection circuit. I personally wouldn't do it because 1) the manufacturer is telling you not to and 2) it will hurt battery life and 3) you can get the same quality vape by just using higher voltage and a higher ohms atty/carto. So really what Buzz is trying to get across is that LR is not necessary to get good TH and vape quality on a VV device. But within it's limits, the Infinity does work quite well. After saying all that, my bottom line recommendation for an Infinity atty? Get a 3.2 ohm MAP Tank. It vapes like a drip atty across the entire voltage range

Last edited:

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
The Infinity is a great little vv PV? The Little Sister is a little vv PV. The Infinity is long. [Of course, I'm using it with 801 attys, which makes it even longer.]

BTW, what is that sitting on top of your ProVari (in your avatar), Zen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread