Status
Not open for further replies.

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
Do you want the cigarettes and other tobacco products you use to taste like “lard”?

That’s what supporters of the bill that would give the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authority over regulating cigarettes say they want to do. The bill would give the FDA the right to make virtually any change they wanted to in the way tobacco products are made, flavored, packaged, advertised and priced. They could make products taste terrible, and jack up the cost even more.
Adults who use tobacco products NEED TO CALL their legislator TODAY to try to stop this bill.
Call 1-877-857-8074 (free call) and you can be connected to YOUR legislator’s office. All you need to know is your zip code and the operator will connect you to the right office.
Or you can go to www.NoCigTax.com and send an email to your legislator – all you need to enter is your zip code and you’ll be connected to the right office.
Tell your legislator to vote AGAINST Representative Waxman’s bill that would give the FDA the authority to regulate tobacco. content of the email un verified but posted for your information

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
This is not our fight. This is a cigarette smoker's fight. And there is an internal war going on between a grinning Philip Morris and frowning Reynolds, Lorillard, et al. PM wants this bill, as it will essentially freeze present sales positions. That means Marlboro wins! There's much more here, but don't fall for RJR PR.

The House of Representatives has approved it; the Senate hasn't put it on the floor yet; Obama has said he will sign it.

We have a live horse to beat, not a dead one. We must focus on preventing the FDA from removing e-cigs from the American market. There are many excellent letters now posted that can be rewritten and sent to Congressmen. I posted my suggestions weeks ago and will not repeat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread