Email from RJ Reynolds

Status
Not open for further replies.

CssReb

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
USA, NYC
Today I got an email from RJ Reynolds about a Bill that would allow the FDA to make any changes they want to tobacco. Here's the email:

Stop FDA from making your tobacco products taste like "lard"!‏

Dear Carole SXXXXXX :

Do you want the cigarettes and other tobacco products you use to taste like “lard”?

That’s what supporters of the bill that would give the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authority over regulating cigarettes say they want to do.

The bill would give the FDA the right to make virtually any change they wanted to in the way tobacco products are made, flavored, packaged, advertised and priced. They could make products taste terrible, and jack up the cost even more.

Adults who use tobacco products NEED TO CALL their legislator TODAY to try to stop this bill.

Call 1-877-857-8074 (free call) and you can be connected to YOUR legislator’s office. All you need to know is your zip code and the operator will connect you to the right office.

Or you can go to NoCigTax.com Stop Tobacco Tax Increases and send an email to your legislator – all you need to enter is your zip code and you’ll be connected to the right office.

Tell your legislator to vote AGAINST Representative Waxman’s bill that would give the FDA the authority to regulate tobacco.
I know this has nothing to do with our Personal vaporizers but I figured there is some valuable information in there like phone numbers and who to contact that we could use in our plight with the FDA.

Last edited:

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
Yeah, but it would blow if the possible ban got so tight that one had to switch to cigs....that tasted like lard. But I seriously doubt that would stop people from smoking. The smokers would find a way to deal with it or fix up something crazy to nullify the taste.

They are called joints!

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
So wait... the FDA and Congress want to make smokers fat too? I knew they were jealous of the trimming effects smoking has on the metabolism and appetite but wow!

HA! That's classic. LOL.

They'll probably have to add something else to analogs to counter the effect of the latest set of chemicals they're adding. Anyone else see a problem with the direction this legislation is taking?

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
They'll probably have to add something else to analogs to counter the effect of the latest set of chemicals they're adding. Anyone else see a problem with the direction this legislation is taking?

Just like with the FSC's (Fire Safe Cigs). They had to add more chemicals in to get them to burst into flames to put itself out. So odd...

Personally, I think ecigs should steal the Fire Safe Cigarette verbage. I mean, how is something that you still have to light a Fire Safe Cigarette?

I can see the billboard now: Electronic Cigarettes: The Truly Fire Safe Cigarette! (and no folks, I have no intentions of putting up a billboard) ;)

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
Just like with the FSC's (Fire Safe Cigs). They had to add more chemicals in to get them to burst into flames to put itself out. So odd...

Personally, I think ecigs should steal the Fire Safe Cigarette verbage. I mean, how is something that you still have to light a Fire Safe Cigarette?

I can see the billboard now: Electronic Cigarettes: The Truly Fire Safe Cigarette! (and no folks, I have no intentions of putting up a billboard) ;)

It reminds me of trying to get the sound quality just right using an equaliser. A little more bass, a little more treble and pretty soon you end up with all the frequencies set to max.

cleo

Mar 19, 2009
uk
huuuum,some lard flavoured e-liquid

drooling_homer_p7PKs5OpuTyZ.gif

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
....Stop FDA from making your tobacco products taste like "lard"!‏

All the more reason for everyone to switch to ecigs. I know some people don't like the idea of millions of ecig users right now. Think about it. The more the better.

Picture it: Washington DC, Summer 2009 at the FDA building. Hundreds of thousands vaporers at the steps chanting...

No Ecig Ban!

No Ecig Ban!

No! No! No!

F! D! A! Go Away!

F! D! A! Go Away!

No! No! No!

We will huff and we will puff

We have had enough

(repeat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread