Information about caffeine and dehydration

Status
Not open for further replies.

northofamerica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Saskatoon
I thought I would share some useful information that I found with everyone that I remember hearing about but never took the time to look for myself. There is a lot more information out there on the subject which you can look for if you are interested.
I in no way want anyone to stop drinking water when vaping or think this is complete proof. Just some interesting information that might be worth considering for those that do not like drinking water that much.

From Wikipedia: Caffeine.
Contrary to popular belief, caffeine does not act as a diuretic when consumed in moderation (less than five cups a day or 500 to 600 milligrams), and does not lead to dehydration or to a water-electrolyte imbalance; current evidence suggests that caffeinated beverages contribute to the body's daily fluid requirements no differently from pure water.

Medscape: Medscape Access
The Effect of Caffeinated, Non-Caffeinated, Caloric and Non-Caloric Beverages on Hydration

I was thinking I should carry a copy or bookmark these and ecf on my smartphone for the next time someone questions me for the amount of caffeine I intake. I'm down to the moderate level now as per above and I do drink water. Water is good stuff. It is what we are made out of right? Too bad it has become such a commodity. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread