Inhaling Nicotine Vapor Could Help - According To Tobacco Control Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
So, I was doing a google search on "is nicotine vapor harmful" with one important stipulation. I filtered the results to be everything before 2003. Just picked that date arbitrarily, but wanted it to be before eCigs were marketed.

I got some 1700 hits on that search and at the top was this one: Estimating the health consequences of replacing cigarettes with nicotine inhalers

Which contains a whole lot of information, mostly technical/scientific, and here in 2014, could be spun a whole bunch of ways. But I'm just looking to present Conclusion of this piece and bold what I think is of interest.

Prevention of tobacco use is historically difficult in spite of clear health hazards. Regulatory responses to the problem are tenuous and subject to reversal or delay as political and economic fortunes change. A lasting reduction in tobacco related illness might result from unleashing clean alternative nicotine delivery systems to compete directly with tobacco products. Even if used very broadly, clean inhaled nicotine might reduce public health problems as much as a very successful tobacco control programme. Additional research should attempt to quantify the health consequences of using pure nicotine. Meanwhile, clinical and marketing trials of clean nicotine inhalers are defensible in populations with a high burden of smoking related illness.

I realize this isn't exactly news to anyone who's aware of the issue, but I think it helps to understand where things were right before eCigs exploded into the cultural phenomenon they are today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread