Inhaling vapor is painful for me??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Username5309

Aug 10, 2011
Phila.
Ok this is something I've noticed before I even started smoking regular cigarettes a couple years back. Any sort of vapor that I inhale feels like I'm inhaling sand and makes my lungs feel full even with tiny amounts, sort of like the feeling you get when you inhale too much water when swimming (hits mostly on what feels like the upper most portion of my lungs or bronchial tubes). Smoking regular cigarettes doesn't do this and I can barely feel the inhalation with regular cigs. Is this something my lungs will have to get used to, or am I just screwed? Don't have any noticeable health problems at all lung-wise, but I've always noticed that when vape-ing other things in the past (hot/warm vapor or cold), I'm the only one who seems to have this kind of trouble

JustaGuy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Beyond The Sea
...Any sort of vapor that I inhale feels like I'm inhaling sand and makes my lungs feel full even with tiny amounts...

If that is the case, it does not sound like just an e-cig/vaping issue...something about your respiratory system and vapor in general. You need to ask a medical professional. I'm not one so I can't offer help. Unless I misunderstood?

mrtiedye

Apr 1, 2011
Georgia
I am no medial professional either, but my first guess is an allergy to PG like keduco suggested. Maybe try a 100% VG liquid. Also, any time someone mentions a dry, scratchy feeling, I automatically think about hydration. Are you drinking enough water to keep you hydrated? You'd be surprised at how much a tall glass of water can affect your vaping experience.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Try less nicotine - nicotine is a skin irritant. Or try juices with a bit of VG in them if you are using 100% PG juices (PG lets through flavor, TH and nicotine's irritation the best). Try 50/50 or 70PG/30VG on an atomizer or in cartomizers I like 80PG/20VG to keep the drag loose *VG is thicker). And if you are using hot/LR cartridges or attys from standard resistance.

ekp

Aug 9, 2011
canada
I'm very new to "vaping" and the first day or so took me a while to get used to the new sensation. I felt like I was breathing in humid air, like on a hot summer day. Which, I was! After messing around with how to inhale this compared to regular cigarettes, things seem to be getting better for me. I've never had it hurt though! Hope you can sort this out, so far I haven't wanted to go back to regular cigarettes and am slowing learning to "look forward" to the new style rather than the old.

Best part is? Now I can vape in my house and in my shop and no one cares/knows! Also can vape and then hug my husband and my son, and they say I smell like candy, not smoke! Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread