Innokin Coolfire4 TC18650

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
innokin just annouched their 18650 device with temperature control.

Phil Busardo just reviewed the Aethon chip in the Coolfire TC100 and with the exception of being unable to hit 100w, he was happy with the performance. His tests showed that the device was extremely accurate using TC with SS316L even though it does not have adjustable TCR or upgradable firmware.

Innokin releases new Temperature Control mod with replaceable 18650 battery - Innokin

Cool-Fire-IV-TC18650-starter-kit-1.jpg

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I have one and am quite happy with it. I have a Triton mini on top, am a MTL tootler, and it it just fine for me around 11W on a 1.8 coil. The lack of firmware upgrade will be an issue for some, but given my use the presence of a replaceable battery for a VW mod made it attractive. My only downside with it is the metal looks quite nice, but is a little slippery when holding. Far from a big issue but just to let you know.

Reactions: jjatl

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
I have only had it going for 10min, but so far, I am extremely excited about it. I screwed on my Snapdragon and set the ramp up to 25w and the temp to 415f. It allowed me to vape the wick completely dry with a dry hit. This is my first foray into TC mods, but so far, I am completely pleased by the results.

Reactions: nelsonm64

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I saw review that showed the 18650 has a shallow 510 :( why oh why don't manufacturers check their devices with longer pinned tanks???? I really wanted one untill I saw the 510 situation!

I have it and out of 4 tanks I've used on it (Triton mini, Cerotank, and Kabuki clone) only my latest rta, a Serpent mini, had a barely visible line between the base and the 510. No problems at all with the connection itself. I guess it will depend on what you use.

Reactions: nelsonm64

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Why not just shave the pin down by a few 1000ths. so it fits flush?

For me? It's not really worth it or important enough for me to worry about. The Coolfire isn't my main mod, and the tank is flush on everything else. As long as I have a good connection, I'm not concerned about it.Maybe other tanks have more of an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread