Innokin D.V. - Refillable Ultra-Compact Pod System

Ultra-Compact, Edge-Styled Refillable Pod Vaporizer with adjustable 12-15W and Plex3D Next Gen Mesh Coils for intense flavours!
Status
Not open for further replies.

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
I ordered one directly from Innokin. Tracking shows it's still in pre ship and their customer service in on Chinese spring break until Feb 12
No matter as vapemail from Innokin showed up today. A DV and 2 extra pods.
At first glance it is SHINY. Darth Vader helmet shiny. Darth Vader ship shiny. Fingerprint magnet shiny.
Upon removing the unit from the box, heavy would be my first word but well made heavy not dead weight heavy. The ergonomics are excellent and balance is very nice. It came fully charged (or at least green light when I vape) so I didn't need to charge it first so I filled both included pods with 2 different flavors and let them steep about a minute then did some dry hits (make sure it's powered of because of auto draw capability) and it took about 3 puffs to start getting more than very stunted flavor. After ~10 puffs at 12 watts the taste was pretty darn good. Vapor is less than my other pod systems when I direct lung them but the flavor is better and the draw is about that of a tank almost fully shut down.
At 14 watts and 15 watts a slight taste of plastic seems to mix with both flavors I'm using. Perhaps that will go away after the pod steeps overnight.
Build quality of the unit and pods is up to the usual Innokin high standard I've come up expect over the years I've been using their products (first Innokin device was a twist type battery and C4 type tank then several itaste and latter mod/battery/tanks).
Innokin has another winner with this one I believe
20190128_171926~01.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
Just an update on the plastic taste I mentioned above. After the pods soaked overnight the plastic taste is gone on all wattages.
I'm running a chocolate cereal in a pod and a strawberry menthol in the other. After overnight soaks the flavor in both is very comparable to my Falcons.
I used it all day today, in temps in the 30s(f) , and the battery never dropped below yellow after I let it charge while I slept last night.
The DV beside a Zero

592e0e57cd4dc0f4c99a47309996570f.jpg

Reactions: United States

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I didn't win one on the contest so I ordered one from a regular vendor. I received a free bottle of nic salt with it and I don't know if it's the DV or the nic salt but I'm not getting much flavor. I have tried but don't normally use nic salts so I am unsure. I do like the DV quite a bit. It's well designed and works flawlessly. I appreciate that it came with two pods. Some pod devices don't come with any. I've tried a few other pod systems out of curiosity and this is the best I've tried.

@Innokin_Paul , I'm wondering how it would wick with a normal liquid that I normally use? My usual mix is 70/30 vg/pg.

Reactions: Innokin_Paul

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
    Jan 13, 2014
    central Virginia
    I didn't win one on the contest so I ordered one from a regular vendor. I received a free bottle of nic salt with it and I don't know if it's the DV or the nic salt but I'm not getting much flavor. I have tried but don't normally use nic salts so I am unsure. I do like the DV quite a bit. It's well designed and works flawlessly. I appreciate that it came with two pods. Some pod devices don't come with any. I've tried a few other pod systems out of curiosity and this is the best I've tried.

@Innokin_Paul , I'm wondering how it would wick with a normal liquid that I normally use? My usual mix is 70/30 vg/pg.
    I use regular 70/30 juices. The instructions say let the new pod soak for 5 minutes before using. What I found was flavor is much more intense after it soaks overnight and gets used at higher than 12 watts. For fruits I prefer 14 watts. For desserts,13 watts. YMMV

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Innokin_Paul

Brand Manager
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 21, 2013
    Shenzhen
    www.innokin.com
    Hi Hittman! Thank for your your feedback on the DV. 70/30 will work great - 50/50 will also work great. I've tried 80/20 and it vaped well but usually those higher VG liquids are designed for higher wattages and the flavouring is designed for more heat. How is it vaping for you? Did you find the coils needed any time to break in?

Reactions: hittman

Innokin_Joseph

Brand Rep
    Jul 9, 2015
    Thanks. It didn’t seem like it took long for the coil to break in but I think the liquid I have been using isn’t very good. I’ll try something different this weekend.

It can take a bit for the coils to really soak up and deliver flavorful hits consistently, especially with higher VG juice, as the wicking intake is quite small in the pods. It is mostly up to the juice however to perform well at lower wattages. In my personal experience, root beer and fruity flavored juices come across really well with the DV. Have you had better experiences with a different juice yet?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Yes, I started putting a diy lemonade in it and the flavor has improved quite a bit. It's 70/30 vg/pg and I haven't noticed any wicking issues. However, I did have a little leaking under the pod when I went to refill it. I don't know if the rubber cap wasn't completely sealed or what. I just now pulled the pod out and have a drop of liquid under the plug but it's not bad.

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
    Jan 13, 2014
    central Virginia
    White one showed up today.
    The paint is slightly more like a powder coat than the super shiny black paint.
    The black one lights up red along the edges and the white one lights up a blueish purple along the edges when pulling draws on the device
    20190214_184309~01.jpeg

Innokin_Joseph

Brand Rep
    Jul 9, 2015
    Yes, I started putting a diy lemonade in it and the flavor has improved quite a bit. It's 70/30 vg/pg and I haven't noticed any wicking issues. However, I did have a little leaking under the pod when I went to refill it. I don't know if the rubber cap wasn't completely sealed or what. I just now pulled the pod out and have a drop of liquid under the plug but it's not bad.

It's good to get in the habit of checking that plug every so often to make sure it didn't come loose or leak. I check every few days or so. Give it a firm press when you're done filling and it shouldn't really be an issue.

Innokin_Joseph

Brand Rep
    Jul 9, 2015
    White one showed up today.
    The paint is slightly more like a powder coat than the super shiny black paint.
    The black one lights up red along the edges and the white one lights up a blueish purple along the edges when pulling draws on the device

Looking good! I believe both finishes are electroplated. The white finish has a sparkling finish that really pops in sunlight in my opinion.

The LED colors differ between the models. I like the purple the most :) Thanks for the pic!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread