Innokin iTaste 134 mini battery life

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokin909

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2014
Milan to Minsk
Hi All,

I've been vaping on an sigelei Zmax Mini - which I really love. I can vape pretty much all day (6-8 hours) on an AW 18350 and I'm a chain vaper for the most part so I'm impressed with the performance on that side of things. Apart from some occasional firing issues (which I've worked around) I've found this mod to be reliable and easy to work with in and out of the house. It was my step up from an ego VV twist - so I use it VV mode.

I recently purchased an iTaste Mini - looking to move into VW and get a feel for vaping in that mode. I love the way it looks and feels and using my Aspire CE-5 S tanks at 1.8 ohms at (same as my Zmax) - set at 7 watts - I like the way it performs both vapour and flavour production. I'd love to explore this mode more however, the problem I am having is that I simply don't get much vape time out of the unit. I mean less than 2 hours before I go to red and have to change out the batteries. I am using AW 18490's as I can't get more than 1 hour out of the 18350's. If i go up a notch to 8 watts the performance suffers even more.

This is my 'at home' mod - and I'd love to get 4 or 5 hours uninterrupted in the evenings without having to do a battery change.

Have I missed something here? Do I have a faulty unit?

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
Something doesn't seem right about this to me... I also have a Sigelei Zmax Mini and run 18350 batts in it. It gets about 3-4 hours of good vaping before needing a changeout. The 134 mini should get a similar amount of vape time if set on the same settings. The Z-max runs at 33hz while the 134mini runs at 48.8hz but that shouldn't affect the Battery life like you've described. Are you sure the batteries are rock solid?

smokin909

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2014
Milan to Minsk
I just bought the 18490's from a reputable seller who buys them direct from Mr AW. The seller is of high repute - so there is no question that they are the real deal. I charge them in a Nitecore charger in pairs on 1 & 3 or 2 & 4. No problems what so ever with my 18350's on the Zmax. I have four that I rotate in pairs.

I've only had the 18490's for a couple of weeks and charged them three times over the last couple of days in the same manner as above. I have two of those - so I wait until I'm out on both before i charge them together.

Yes, I agree - with solid vaping I get a good 4 hours on the Zmax with the 18350's before I hit 3.6 v - and if I'm out and about I get another hour or so before I hit 'low volt'.

That's why I'm confused as to why I can't get more than two hours solid off the 18490's on 7watts before it starts to taper off. To be fair I've only just started playing with the iTaste Mini over the last couple of days. Perhaps I've not worked out the 'flow' of this device yet. I'm thinking I'll start a log from tomorrow after a fresh charge on both sets of batteries and see what the numbers tell me.

How can I check the status of the batteries? i.e. if they are good or if I got a bad batch?

Last edited:
I get about 4 to 5 hours out of my 18350's vaping at 8 watts. I get 6 solid hours out of my 18500's vaping at 10 watts. All of my batteries are Efest and I charge them on the Efest LUV V4. I charge them until full then let them set for a little while before putting them into my 134 mini.

The vape time you are getting isn't normal I know a lot of people that own the 134 mini and none of them get that low battery life. Could be your batteries or it might be the device. I would try different batteries from a different place.

Stacy1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Brunswick,GA,USA
I get about the same battery life on my mini 134. Its my first experience with changeable batteries and I thought it was normal. With the 18500, using my magma with a 1.2ohm micro coil at 8-8.5 watts I get a couple of hours max. I also purchased the 18350 but have never used them because of how fast the 500s die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread