Z-Lee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    innokin Klypse Pod Kit
    It Just Klypse!

zrchz0I.png

Hello and welcome back to another review. Today we'll be taking a look at innokin's newly released Klypse pod starter kit. I would sort of consider this to be the big brother to their MVP pod kit released last year, except there are a few changes that make this device quite a bit different. We'll dig into this more below.

As always, I want to thank @Innokin_timmy for reaching out to do this review. This product was sent to me for the purpose of the review and will be conducted fairly and without bias.

The first bit of information shown below can be toured by visiting Innokin.com as well as all of their other products.

Without further ado, let's get into it.

(Photos can be clicked on for easier viewing)​

- Color Options -

s02ACH3.jpg

From left to right, we have:
    • Mint
    • Indigo
    • Blush
    • Scarlet
    • Graphite
    • Charcoal

- Specs -

MOD:

Device Dimensions:

94*29*15.2mm

Battery:
    3.7V / 700mAh / 2.59Wh

Minimum / Maximum Wattage
    0.8Ω; 16W

Minimum / Maximum Voltage
    3.6V

Cutoff Time:
    10s

Max. Output Currency:
    5.0A

Resistance range:
    0.8Ω and over (including 0.8Ω)

Body Material:
    Aluminium alloy

Connection Type:
    Spring Loaded

Charging Current:
    5.0V / 1A USB Type-C

Charging Indicator:
    White light while charging, the light turns off when fully charged

Battery capacity indicator:
    Battery >10% - White light
    Battery <10% - White light will blink

POD:

Device Dimensions
    35*11.2*25

Color
    Black

Tank Capacity
    2.0ml

Resistance and wattage range
    0.8Ω

Coil material
    KAL

Glass replaceable or not
    No

Air flow
    No

Wick material
    Cotton

Top coil or Bottom coil?
    Bottom

BVC or horizontal coil?
    BVC

How to fill the Tank
    Side Fill

- Simplistic -

FaewLQP.png

With no buttons, no settings and simple side-fill, the Klypse makes vaping easy. Just fill the pod and you’re ready to go!

- Hygienic -

DEwLRKG.jpg

The magnetic cap protects the mouthpiece from dust and debris when not in use, giving you peace of mind that your vape is always clean and ready to go. The cap clicks to the base while vaping and keep from losing.

- Aerospace Design -

DHyQ3Mc.png

Your vaping device shouldn’t weigh you down. The Innokin Klypse is constructed from premium grade aluminum, with an ultra-light, ultra-slim design that fits into any pocket seamlessly.

Our designers took inspiration from fashion and aerospace to create a modern, elegant device that looks as beautiful as it vapes. Our new anodic oxidation process adds a tough, scratch resistant finish without increasing weight.

- Mesh Pod -

1SQCYic.png

Our engineers and product testing team collaborated to create a super-fine 0.8Ω mesh pod, optimized for flavor output and longevity at lower wattages. The result is a pod that performs better and lasts longer than the competition.

We spent time finding the perfect balance of air intake and warmth and to create a looser MTL draw, which maximizes flavor and vapor output at 16W.

- USB Type-C -

3KZS6pV.png

Your vape shouldn’t slow you down. The Klypse features 1A USB-C charging, which means a full charge can always be completed in less than an hour. In addition, the full range of Innokin’s industry-leading circuit protections are built in for maximum reliability.

- The Battery -

GtwqZgQ.png

Despite its compact form factor, the Klypse features a high-grade 700mAh internal battery. When combined with battery-efficient pods, this results in all-day performance on the go.

- Personal Experiences & Observations -

u7m1DpJ.jpg

To start off with my personal thoughts, I want to thank Innokin for using recycled packaging material. I think it's a good practice for vape manufacturers to be as Earth friendly as possible, so thank you for that.

Inside the package you can expect to receive:
    • Innokin Klypse Device (0.8Ω Pod included)
    • USB Type-C charging cable
    • User Manual
    • Warranty and Safety card

I would consider this a starter kit. It has everything in it to begin vaping other than a supply of juice. I've been using this kit for about two weeks now. I still have an hour and a half commute to and from work, and so I've been using this device on and off during that time when not at home. The battery seems to last long enough for on and off use for the 3 and 1/2 hour round trip, but the pod only being 2 mL needs to be refilled each way. The device has an advertised 1.0A charging speed and I clocked it at 0.8A which is close enough. It can also be charged in under an hour as advertised, but I will note the battery can get pretty warm. Don't be alarmed, with a 0.8A charging speed, this will have no detrimental effect to the battery itself. 3.0 Quick Charge Type-C cables can be detected in the Klypse, so you'll never have to worry if your cable is compatible or not. Pass-through vaping is also possible, although I would probably avoid doing this as it will make the battery warmer.

In the picture above, you can see how the device looks with the cap magnetically snapped on the bottom of the battery, and what the battery looks like with the cap covering the mouth piece.

jFBsrP8.jpg

I received both the Indigo and Blush colorways. The polished aluminum alloy has a nice texture and sleek look. The weight is extremely light and the magnets for both the pod and cap are quite snappy. The design was influence by an aerospace theme which seems to fit pretty well. As an Aviation major, I can see how the corner cutouts sort of mimic the look of an airfoil with it's flaps down. The branding is done tactfully and rather inconspicuous, and works well with the whole aerospace theme. I feel like I'd expect to see this style of branding on a spacecraft of some sort.

On one side there's a single airflow hole, and on the other side sports the USB Type-C charging port with another airflow hole just above it. The available airflow is a loose MTL. You can slightly tighten the draw by covering both pin-sized airflow holes with your index finger and thumb (with auto-draw, this isn't hard to do), but even doing that will not restrict the airflow down to a full or "true" MTL draw.

diE16Pr.jpg

Inside the guts of the battery, it looks kind of busy but it's really not. The larger metallic circles kitty corner from one another are your magnets that hold the pod in (very well I might add), the two brass pins in the middle are your positive and negative connectors, and the little silver nub sticking up in the top left is the auto-draw detector. I believe that this pin is supposed to coincide with the airflow cutouts on the bottom of the pod, but I haven't noticed any draw or performance difference regardless of how the pod is placed into the battery.

On the right, you'll see more magnets that perfectly match the magnets on the bottom of the pod for a solid storage spot while puffing away.

vm22h0b.jpg

The pod is pretty straight forward. If you've used a pod device before, this one isn't much different. The coil itself is built into the pod, so when the coil needs to be replaced, you simply chuck out the whole pod. I've never been a huge fan of this as I think it's excessively harmful to the environment, but to each their own. If this device gets you off of the stinkies, then it's doing its job. This particular device only has a 0.8Ω coil, so there will be no confusion when you need to buy more pods.

There's a "MIN" line stated on the side of the pod, which technically only allows about 1 and a half mL of juice to be consumed at one time before a refill is needed. I would not suggest draining the pod below this line because it will mess up the syphoning capillary-action affect of the coil and you'll end up with burnt hits upon refilling until this is fixed. The only way I've found to fix this problem is to open the refill plug, and give the pod mouth-to-mouth. Yes, you heard me right - put your lips around the refill hole and blow into it. This will force juice back into the coil (this can actually flood the coil which can be fixed by holding the device upside down over a sink and shaking it for 15-20 seconds). The moral of the story is, just don't let the juice in the pod drain below the MIN line. :thumbs:

The refill tab has a raised end which is nice for a couple of reasons. For one, it makes grabbing the tab much easier, and the second reason is that it makes which end to lift up unmistakable. I have pulled tabs completely out of other pods before simply because I didn't know which end to pull from. No plug? No vape. :cry:

The bottom left pictures shows a top down view of the mouth piece profile. It's quite thin and fits very comfortably between the lips.

Also remember to remove the yellow sticker placed on the bottom of the pod for shipping purposes, before trying to vape.

6D5BVv0.jpg

The refill hole is big enough to comfortably fit a 120 mL Gorilla bottle nozzle into it for refilling. Getting the air bubbles to float up to the refill hole can be a little bit tricky, but I didn't run into many issues that ended up in a mess.

- Overall Impression -
    There really aren't too many negatives about this pod device. One of the biggest ones for me would be the pod tank size, but for pretty much all of the pod devices I've done reviews for, they've all been 2 mL or less in capacity. So really, it's more of a personal preference than what to expect. 2 mL would stretch further if the coil resistance were higher, but unfortunately they haven't released (and not sure if they will) coils/pods with a higher resistance - that means more battery life usage per puff for what's currently available for resistance options.

The battery indicators are kind of a bit funky in my opinion. Only when the battery is below 10%, will it notify you that a charge is needed. So if you leave the house with 15% battery life, it will appear to be just as fully charged as if the battery was at 90 or 100% charge. I think a third, mid level indicator, would have been nice at the very least. Still, they do include a Type-C USB charging cable with safe pass-through vaping, but I wouldn't recommend it if you can avoid it simply because charging the device will already heat the battery up quite a bit without adding additional current through the chip for vaping.

I would also like to remind people that the while I enjoy the flavor output of this device, it's fairly subtle and not to be compared against DL, low Ohm box mod kits. If flavor or cloud chasing is something you're after, I'd suggest a DL atomizer or kit.

One last suggestion I have involves the magnetic cap. While this is quite convenient and innovative for a pod kit, I'd like to see a design where the interior of the cap is enclosed when it's being stored to prevent dust, dirt, and crud from collecting on the inside of the cap. Shaving a small indent along the bottom circumference of the battery would allow the cap to be flipped upside down and to securely seat itself around the indented portion concealing the inside of the cap.

Again however, this is a pretty decent product right out of the package. Very simple to use, no worries of leaking inside your pocket, and a decently loose MTL vape.

- Pros & Cons -

== Pros ==
    • NO Leaking
    • Very easy to use out of the box
    • Very light
    • Sturdy construction (I've dropped this device on concrete a few times)
    • Pocket-friendly
    • Magnetic cap is innovative and hygienic
    • Auto-draw has a hair-trigger activation
    • Aesthetically pleasing
    • Nice hand-feel
    • Magnets feel snappy and strong
    • Rubber refill plug has easy-to-grab lip
    • Decent battery life
    • Mouth piece fits comfortably between the lips
    • USB Type-C

== Cons ==
    • No additional pod comes with the kit
    • Pod can be difficult to pull out of the battery with slippery fingers (some soft knurling on the ends of the mouth piece would have been nice)
    • Coil can take a few puffs to break in

== Preference Considerations ==
    • Only one coil resistance available (0.8Ω)
    • No fire button
    • No adjustable power settings which can be both a pro and a con

- Overall Rating -
    vs. other currently available pod devices: 8

I hope this was a decent read and that I've answered any questions you my have about the Innokin Klypse. If you're looking for a solid start kit that will be reliable and easy to use, this is a great choice for you. The flavor output isn't astounding, but that kind of comes with MTL territory and should be expected. If you're wondering why disposables taste so much better, you might want to ask yourself what they're actually putting in the juice. ;)

As of this review, the Klypse isn't yet available for sale at Innokin.com, but keep an eye out on their website as well as other affiliate vendors/sites. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to respond below.

Thanks again, and happy vape hoarding!
    :rickroll:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread