The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Innokin Podin

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by cardsfan300, Dec 10, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. cardsfan300

cardsfan300 Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2014
    Florida
    Anyone tried this yet? I was wondering how the airflow is and the tightness of it. Can anyone compare of draw of it to any other pod etc? On the fence on ordering this one.

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. drysprocket

drysprocket Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I watched a bunch of reviews on it, but it sounds like it just can't get very tight. Most are saying it's closer to the caliburn. The tighter setting gets it slightly less, but not by much. That's the only thing stopping me as it does look really nice.

3. Whiplash

Whiplash Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2013
    Idaho
    I got one a couple of weeks ago from Vapor Authority ($18.99). Seems to be a good little unit. At the tightest setting, the draw is about like a Juul or the Innokin I.O. I use it at about half way.
    For me, the battery doesn't last a full day but it is an excellent backup. Fits in the watch pocket of my jeans. If I didn't have so much extra hardware already, I'd order another one.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. cardsfan300

Nov 10, 2014
    Florida
    I have not used the I.O. but did use the juul years ago? So at the tightest setting it is as tight as the juul? Reviews keep saying its a loose mtl, i need at least a medium tight draw. The juul was an ok draw. I want to try this product, but I do not want it too lose for my liking. I may have to just take the dive and see for myself. I love innokin products overall. Have you by chance used the minifit? That is what I use now, but I block one air flow hole with sticky tac to tighten it down a bit.

5. Whiplash

Whiplash Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2013
    Idaho
    I'v not tried the caliburn nor the Minifit so can't help you with that. The airflow adjustment does give you a fairly wide range to work with so, just guessing, it should work for you.
    To answer your question, It is close to a Juul when on the tightest setting.

6. cardsfan300

Nov 10, 2014
    Florida
    Thanks for the info. I went ahead and ordered one to give it a try myself. My wife may like it if I dont. Just looks like a nice kit. Had to try it!

7. cardsfan300

Nov 10, 2014
    Florida
    Vapor authority has the podin on sale for 18.99. Also a 30 percent off innokin products using code innokin30. With shipping I got a podin for just over 17 bucks.

• Like Like x 1
  8. drysprocket

Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Does anyone know if the all-black color has the same resin finish?

9. cardsfan300

Nov 10, 2014
    Florida
    I have no idea, I'm waiting on my 1st one to come in. Ordered both in black. Taking a chance to order the 2nd one so I hope I like it, bit if not I will see if my wife wants them. The only color i wanted was black. Wish they made it in black and silver.

• Like Like x 1
  10. cardsfan300

Nov 10, 2014
    Florida
    Finally got my 1st podin in the mail today and after my 1st impression, I love it. The air flow tightened down is the perfect draw for me, plenty tight enough. It is a very smooth and fairly quiet hit. I honestly do not feel any difference whether i use the auto draw or button. I have the all black unit, and I can confirm, it has a rubber-like finish on both sides which i really like. It is not too heavy. This will replace my minifits if the coils hold out. I can not answer that yet. So far so good!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. cardsfan300

Nov 10, 2014
    Florida
    Hard to find replacement coils, finally found some. Hoping after Christmas they turn up at ease, I love this thing so far!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. drysprocket

Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I got mine and it's actually pretty nice in terms of form factor and airflow. But both of my coils got burnt....I think I'm gonna take a long break from Innokin until they figure out their coils. I was reading some reviews online and it sounds like it's happening to other people too.

I'm using 50/50 with two different pods and coils, and both only lasted about 1 refill. Great device otherwise, but pretty much a full deal breaker here.

13. bnrkwest

bnrkwest ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    I just got the Podin and I really like it. A big thing is check your juice level to be sure you are not hitting it dry. Been using it all day and no problems and filled pod 3 times. Air flow also adjustable a little. Great little pod. I like that it has button fire and auto draw too.

• Like Like x 1
  14. drysprocket

Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    It sounds like I got the bad first batch. I've been working with Innokin CS and they're aware of the issues and they've improved the newer coils somehow. I even pulled the coil apart to confirm that it is burning the cotton.

They're sending me some replacement coils after the new year...so like end of next month. So hoping I can eventually enjoy it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. bnrkwest

Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    Good to hear they have improved the coils, I am not having a problem with it except a little gurgling if I chain vape. If I use auto draw a few times it clears up. I really like it :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. bnrkwest

Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    After trying a bunch of pods, the Podin is still my fav.

17. drysprocket

Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Where did you buy your coils btw? I'm tempted to gamble on another pack before innokin ships.

18. RuiG

RuiG Super Member

May 4, 2019
    Portugal
    There's also an Innokin accesory that let's you use Jull pods.

I love my Podin with fully open airflow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. bnrkwest

Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    I forget where I got them, Element vape perhaps? My coils are lasting well with my DIY 50/50 VG/PG, with high VG 70% sweet store bought juice I am getting some deminished performance from thick juice but no burning. The coils are tiny but I am going to try and rebuild them. If I can that is :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Anise

Anise Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    I've been using mine off and on and just got a burnt hit. I'm trying to decide if its worth ordering more coils. I found them for almost half what others are charging but if I'm going to get a burnt hit with a full tank I'm not sure its worth it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Mr Australia Vape
    This message by Mr Australia Vape has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Jan 29, 2020, Reason: Unregistered Supplier.
    Jan 28, 2020