Innokin security code question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgg1304

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
so today i decided to check my code and got a message saying "This security code does not exist" I contacted seller and demanded an immediate refund. After no reply, i opened a case on eBay. Immediately after, the seller contacts me claiming its authentic and how dare i give them a negative feedback. Now in my original email to them I included a screen shot of the innokin message along with a pic of my security code on the box.

they responded with a screenshot of there own from innokins site with my sceurity code and a message saying "this security code has been used 2 times"

now, does this confirm that the number is legit? when i tried again i got "this security code has been used 3 times"

i dont know what it would have said the first time. so i dont know if this confirms anything or not.

Please advise

itaste.jpg

innokin.jpg

jp_cfc09

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
lost
if that first cheek date and time was when you cheeked but got the message it was a bad code then maybe you should say sorry for the misunderstanding and retract the bad feedback. explain with that screenshot that it showed you it was fake but must of been a fault on the website just and left a bad reveiw as he never responded to your issue.

he should understand as it told you it was fake but must of just been by error if them dates and times link up, its just a mistake. apolgise and tell him youll change the feedback and wait on a reply to see how he reacts then change it as you see fit. well thats what id do anyways... :):):):):)

Last edited:

rurwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Leicester, UK
Since you're getting antsy, I'll stick my oar in.

I don't know innokin, or that particular web feature, but I'm a computer professional well used to interpreting this sort of computerese.

My guess is that the important part of the first message you got is "Thank-you for purchasing original innokin product".

The previous bit "This security code does not exist" means that it does not exist in the database of previously entered codes, not that it is not a valid security code. It could be worded better (and that's a dramatic under-statement.) A better wording would be "You are the first person to enter this valid security code."

It seems that what they think they are protecting themselves against is people copying security codes. The messages that you and the vendor received later show this. It is warning you that the code has been entered before, and therefore that it might be copied. In this case you know exactly who has been using it: you the first time, then the vendor, and then you again. One supposes that if a cloner did copy a valid code, it's purchasers would get the message "that security code has been used 1,234 times before" and would smell a rat.

I can quite see why you thought as you did though. I think I would have read it the same way too.

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
It is possible you mistyped it the first time.

I take it was an ebay purchase now that Ebay is a seller beware site (they will freeze your funds if you slow ship or get negative feedback)

this security code by innoken is just a ploy to make people think that they are sooo good that everyone is knocking them off - most knock offs won't bother to spend the extra money needed for a scratch off label anyway (unless it is the 134 or VTR) and most people will realize that if sounds too good to be true price wise it probably is a knockoff (except of course some online fly by night vendors - if this was an ebay purchase, how many feedbacks did the seller have?)

Does it work? did it come as described?

tgg1304

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2013
it was purchased on eBay from Vapingtown. They have an excellent rating as a seller and has sold tons of products with great prices. shipping was fast too. The MVP2 i ordered performs great. Other than this security code issue, i have no ther reason to believe it might be a fake. Im leaning towards the idea that it was just some weird computer glitch at the time. The fact that I dont know what the original message would have read bothers me and the time stamp shown in the pic is not the time I entered the code. It must be when the vendor entered it without any issue apparently. Also, the pic shows the code I entered so it was definitely entered correctly. I originally tried a few times and even had my girl confirm that i was entering the correct number.

Anyway, im trusting that its legit and I just recently changed my feedback. More so for the fact that I dont feel like being bothered with all the messages from the vendor. Like i said, great products, great prices but a lil snippy if you have anything negative to say about them

Ahoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Philly
Vapingtown is a legit vendor and it was probably a mistake on your behalf. I have run across some technical problems on the innoken website, I tried entering the security codes on a few different innoken thinks I bought and I never really cared enough to try to enter the code by 2 times and one time it threw me that message and I tried again and it worked. It was a mistake with me typing and reading the scratch off.
It's not a big deal, the vendor won't hold it against you or anything, but I understand why you were upset as well. I was when it happened to me.

Fred Garvin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
In the bottom picture....it says the security code does exist and thanks you for buying the product.

Then it advises you how many times the code has been used....I assume you, they guy you got it from, and then you again.

So, what's the problem? Yeah, you probably owe him an apology.

tgg1304

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2013
In the bottom picture....it says the security code does exist and thanks you for buying the product.

Then it advises you how many times the code has been used....I assume you, they guy you got it from, and then you again.

So, what's the problem? Yeah, you probably owe him an apology.

My fault. I uploaded the wrong picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread