• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Insert your vaping slogan here

Status
Not open for further replies.

astounded

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
vancouver bc
I think another option to consider are bumper stickers. They can be bought for about a buck in quantities starting at around 250. Get a bit less expensive as quantities go up, but not significantly. We wouldn't be able to mark them up as much for CASAA as tee shirts, but it would add another option of something people could buy.

Slogans would have to be shorter than for tees because space is limited, but I think with all the input I've seen here that would not be a problem!

What do you think? :thumb: or :nah:

That's a great idea - bumper stickers are probably going to be seen/noticed more so I think they could be really effective at reaching smokers who have not heard of ecigs.

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
I think another option to consider are bumper stickers. They can be bought for about a buck in quantities starting at around 250. Get a bit less expensive as quantities go up, but not significantly. We wouldn't be able to mark them up as much for CASAA as tee shirts, but it would add another option of something people could buy.

Slogans would have to be shorter than for tees because space is limited, but I think with all the input I've seen here that would not be a problem!

What do you think? :thumb: or :nah:

I'm not big on bumper stickers, easy to put on hard to get off. An easy to peel window sticker would be better IMO, and I wouln't mind paying the extra for it. Again just my opinion.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'm not big on bumper stickers, easy to put on hard to get off. An easy to peel window sticker would be better IMO, and I wouln't mind paying the extra for it. Again just my opinion.

I hear ya Kagey and thanks for the input!

I have never used a bumper sticker and until I had a look at this I didn't think I ever would. The ones I remember from years ago were I think paper based and taking them off was probably not fun. The ones I found readily available now are vinyl and seem to be reasonably easy to remove, but I don't have experience with it, so please correct me if you have. You can also put them on soft magnetic backing so you can move them from car to car or just remove at will when wanted.

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
My experience is the old wallpaper and glue ones also. (Paper and super super glue) When I went to sell a car and tried to remove it it was way more trouble then it was worth.

I'm sure they have come a long way but that experience really soured me on them and I am a bit of a stickerphobe since.

I don't hate them, as long as they aren't sticking to me ;)

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
pm's oldsoldier but I guess he's tons busy so sent one to J0Ker early this am. He was on it in a flash and it appears to me he is receptive.

He wants to make certain we get the best exposure so he is thinking on it and will get back to me. So the next steps, assuming Co op is the route, will be to get into the "Co op Planning and Discussion". Get more slogan ideas and consider adding bumper stickers. THe goal will be 1,000 T Shirts = $5,000 for CASAA t Shirts.

Hello World

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2012
Vancouver
good one.

I VAPE!
And I'm free of smoke.
I like it. One point though:

You don't want to hit the uninitiated public with lingo they don't understand such as the word "Vape", otherwise their attention just drifts off into deep space. If the concept is to arrive, the words used in the slogan would have to be commonly known ones.

Just a couple of cents on the deflated side ...

Regzzz

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2009
NCR, Canada
I like it. One point though:

You don't want to hit the uninitiated public with lingo they don't understand such as the word "Vape", otherwise their attention just drifts off into deep space. If the concept is to arrive, the words used in the slogan would have to be commonly known ones.

Just a couple of cents on the deflated side ...

I can certainly see your point there. But it also brings a certain curiosity... What's that VAPE thing? How come it means they are free of smoke ? Hehehe just an other way of looking at it!

Cheers

Sent from mobile device that inserts lots of typos.

Last edited:

Hello World

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2012
Vancouver
I can certainly see your point there. But it also brings a certain curiosity... What's that VAPE thing? How come it means they are free of smoke ? Hehehe just an other way of looking at it!
Curiosity is fine, but there must be sufficient information in the slogan to render a concept. If you have to hit the net or ask around what it means, it's not effective.

Example:

Id' rather be vexomating than driving the Alps. (Bumper sticker slogan)

My attention would just turn off. I'd just think "Whatever", stupid sticker.

Slogans are supposed garner interest and seize attention, not bounce it away.

The uninitiated do not know what VAPE or VEXOMATING means, thus no concept.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread