Status
Not open for further replies.

one_raven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2009
Obviously it's not the greatest shot...

BluGuts.jpg

Can anyone tell me anything about this battery?
Can it be useful for a mod?

I assume there is no protection curcuit, because of all the warnings to untwist the cig battery once the light indicates it is fully charged, but there is a circuit board in there. Is that just to run the LED and such? Does anyone know?
I will try and get a cleaner shot of the circuit board, but I don't want to dismantle it just yet until I know what I want to use it for.

I wonder if I can use this to charge my 510.
The connectors are the same size and the Blu atomizer will work on my 510, but I blew a Blu battery on a 510 charger, so I am hesitant to try and charge my 510 on the Blu charger.

CowboyGoggles

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2012
Huntsville, AL
just a heads up.

DO NOT attempt to charge regular 510 batteries from blu pack or blu charger.
The poles of the connectors for all BLU batteries and chargers are REVERSED from standard 510 connectors.

by connecting a 510 battery to a BLU PACK PCC you will short the 510 and the pcc battery and will damage both.

if sufficient current is present, this could also cause them to vent violently.

CraigHB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Reno, Nevada
You could use the battery to power an atomizer. It's a 900mAh (3.33Wh / 3.7V) Lithium Polymer flat cell, similar in capacity to a quality 14500 protected round cell. Though, you can get higher capacity LiPo cells cheaply if you really want to use one. It's probably a 2C cell which means it has a drain limit of 1.8 Amps. You wouldn't want to use a low resistance atomizer with it.

I don't know exactly, but I would expect the electronics in the Blu case to handle charging and protection for the LiPo cell as well as charging for the e-cig. To use that cell safely, you would need to completely remove the old electronics then install a protection PCB and a Li-Ion charger circuit as well as the wiring for the atomizer. It's do-able, but not something to attempt blindly. LiPo cells are every bit as hazardous as any other Li-Ion cell when mishandled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread