Not open for further replies.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
What is alcohol painting thing?

T2bMsOF.jpg
Nice mods! Love the steampunk! Oh my god I need the rda with the gas mask!!!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
Those are beautiful.. I've never tried anything like that because I've never had mods I've considered "throw away" that I'd be willing to practice on.. (cause you know I'd ruin a mod the first time... hahaha)

It would be kinda fun to try though, just get a cheap mechanical mod clone or two I guess to practice on..
Aren't they? I have a stainless mech staring at me as we speak lol. You can get old school authentics cheaper than clones if you shop around. I agree though practice on something you aren't afraid of ruining until you get it down. On the video she says if you mess up you can clean it off witb alcohol before it dries.

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com
Aren't they? I have a stainless mech staring at me as we speak lol. You can get old school authentics cheaper than clones if you shop around. I agree though practice on something you aren't afraid of ruining until you get it down. On the video she says if you mess up you can clean it off witb alcohol before it dries.

What video? I want to be lazy and not play with google-fu

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
yeah I have to try this it could be fun will have to find more info on how too I have a few clones that are not in my rotation that I could test it on.
I will look and see if I can find where to get it. I will post link if and when I do. It looks like fun. Looks much prettier and a is whole lot safer than heat coloring.
On facebook there is a group called Patina Mods. It is mostly forced patinas but also chemical etching and alcohol inks. Some beautiful work. Closed group so you would have to get permission from the mods.

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Those are beautiful.. I've never tried anything like that because I've never had mods I've considered "throw away" that I'd be willing to practice on.. (cause you know I'd ruin a mod the first time... hahaha)

It would be kinda fun to try though, just get a cheap mechanical mod clone or two I guess to practice on..
You can try on some cheap coffee mugs or coasters first.

• Useful
Reactions: Opinionated

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
I will look and see if I can find where to get it. I will post link if and when I do. It looks like fun. Looks much prettier and a is whole lot safer than heat coloring.
On facebook there is a group called Patina Mods. It is mostly forced patinas but also chemical etching and alcohol inks. Some beautiful work. Closed group so you would have to get permission from the mods.

Facebook the cancer of the world, yes I am difficult but I do have twitter :D

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread