Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
He is my main focus now. I was in school for culinary. I have enough experience that school is no longer necessary. I want to do it eventually though. It felt good to be learning new things. I took a class on sugar art. It was so much fun. Here's a few pics.
View attachment 744387 View attachment 744389 View attachment 744391
The dragon was in the display case at the college for a few years.

Oh wow... those are awesome!

I never done culinary school, although sometimes I think it would be beneficial just to know what certain things are supposed to taste like.

You always know what you think something should taste like and what your taste buds think is right but often there is no substitute for tasting something done to perfection to get that aha moment which forever changes your perspective on exactly what "right" means and why.

Lol.. I digress..

That is some gorgeous sugar work! Love love love it!

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com
Good afternoon everybody
Nice work skunk.

so I got an email with tracking from the contest it shipped DHL :( but it says destination is Ohio so I am trying to figure out if they gave me the wrong tracking number or if DHL only does step by step destinations. My DRSQ is awaiting shipping

Reactions: Letitia

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
Oh wow... those are awesome!

I never done culinary school, although sometimes I think it would be beneficial just to know what certain things are supposed to taste like.

You always know what you think something should taste like and what your taste buds think is right but often there is no substitute for tasting something done to perfection to get that aha moment which forever changes your perspective on exactly what "right" means and why.

Lol.. I digress..

That is some gorgeous sugar work! Love love love it!
Thank you! I miss school. It was a different time. I was an underpaid Sous Chef working 50+ hours a week and doing school.on top of it and I had a lot of love for the industry. I was creating new specials every week and loved it. A lot of my passion has faded over the years. I would love to find the spark again. I think the company will pay some of my tuition if i decided to go back to school.
They offer basic cooking to anyone. You don't have to be a culinary major to take some of the cooking classes. You could see if one in your area offers it.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
Good afternoon everybody
Nice work skunk.
so I got an email with tracking from the contest it shipped DHL :( but it says destination is Ohio so I am trying to figure out if they gave me the wrong tracking number or if DHL only does step by step destinations. My DRSQ is awaiting shipping
Thank you!:)

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
Thank you! I miss school. It was a different time. I was an underpaid Sous Chef working 50+ hours a week and doing school.on top of it and I had a lot of love for the industry. I was creating new specials every week and loved it. A lot of my passion has faded over the years. I would love to find the spark again. I think the company will pay some of my tuition if i decided to go back to school.
They offer basic cooking to anyone. You don't have to be a culinary major to take some of the cooking classes. You could see if one in your area offers it.

See reading that makes reaffirms my choice to not become a professional, I don't know what I would do without the spark. I hope you find it again

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
I didn't start out with passion. I started as a dishwasher with no high school diploma. Ifound passion while working my way up through the ranks. Became a chef and did that for 10 years. After enough time I burned out and went back to cooking.
Now that has become mundane and boring. I think it's time to jump back in the fire. I have wanted to go back to school again. Once my son gets a bit older i will so that. If I am not learning I get bored and frustrated. I need a new challenge.
Edit @Necrospecter

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
I didn't start out with passion. I started as a dishwasher with no high school diploma. Ifound passion while working my way up through the ranks. Became a chef and did that for 10 years. After enough time I burned out and went back to cooking.
Now that has become mundane and boring. I think it's time to jump back in the fire. I have wanted to go back to school again. Once my son gets a bit older i will so that. If I am not learning I get bored and frustrated. I need a new challenge.
Edit @Necrospecter

There are so many styles, so many combinations, a whole world of possibility. I can understand wanting to be around for your kid, mine is 15 I tried to teach her to cook but she hates it. She said she is good she knows how to make ramen, scrambled eggs, and mac and cheese, she told me one day when she was 10 that she wanted to make cupcakes I said okay and started getting everything ready and she says no why would I want to do that when they are at Walmart. Oh well at least I was able to teach her about good music.

• Love
Reactions: Letitia

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
There is enough to learn about cooking that you can do it your entire life and still be learning. This city has so many different restaurants now the possibilities ars endless. I am starting to look around for something better. I haven't heard back about the one I was looking at but I have other lines cast so I'll see which one hits. My son isn't really interested in cooking. He loves science and math... I try to encourage him in the things he likes to do and let him find his own way. He has made that easy for me by being a geeky kid. Hope he sticks to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread