• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Instagram scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapesss

Dec 12, 2017
I have found 2 seller on instagram. 1 of them is contacted by instagram private message (name him A) and another is whatsapp.(name him B)
My friend bought his smok alien kit from A and have met him a few times. His alien kit is priced at $220.
Upon asking B, he sell the alien kit at $140 only, and it is also COD.
Was wondering why the huge difference in the price and is it possible for B to give me a fake set if I bought from him? Because the price is tempting but I am hesitant due to safety issues

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
IDK, I'm not in your shoes. At that "tempting" price and COD I might worry if it was a setup by whatever agency it is that comes and steals your life. So I'd be worrying less about a bricked mod and probably MORE about being arrested. I'd probably go with seller A, but that is simply my thoughts on the matter, especially if such gear sort of "retails" at that price around your parts.

It will cost you a whole lot more than the difference in pricing if something goes wrong, though.

Anna

valerian

Nov 19, 2017
I have found 2 seller on instagram. 1 of them is contacted by instagram private message (name him A) and another is whatsapp.(name him B)
My friend bought his smok alien kit from A and have met him a few times. His alien kit is priced at $220.
Upon asking B, he sell the alien kit at $140 only, and it is also COD.
Was wondering why the huge difference in the price and is it possible for B to give me a fake set if I bought from him? Because the price is tempting but I am hesitant due to safety issues

unfortunately, given the state of affairs in our sunny island - its entirely a caveat emptor scenario. if you choose to buy from those sellers, i doubt you'd have much room for negotiation, and if the items were fake - you would have no recourse at all (e.g. demanding a refund with the threat of what...going to the police?)

anyway, from what i know some of these sellers have huge markups to make the risk of their transactions worth it. check the price online on those official websites and do a price comparison, and ultimately see whether you are happy with the price. thats the rule for all such online transactions from individual to individual (even in non-vaping transactions).

as to quality and how to test for fakes? i have absolutely no idea.

good luck. :)

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

IVIV

Feb 22, 2018
Anybody know if they guy is legit?

084F36B6-BFEE-4E58-AC6F-698D899AC80D.jpeg

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread