Interesting experience at B&M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davinna

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Central Il, USA
I live in a small town, ~3k population. I have to travel 15+ miles to get to any B&M around me. I've been trying to visit the 3 or 4 B&Ms I've found through Google.

Last night, I had made a plan to visit one I hadn't been to with a vaping friend to try out the "flavor bar". I must say it was a HUGE disappointment! I expect going into a B&M that they would be more knowledgeable than I am. I've only been vaping for a few weeks. I really felt like they had no clue what they were doing. Their flavor bar was all pre-mixed Tececig and eNic juice. I was so sad :(

I asked if they had heard about MBV. The proceeded to tell me that they had considered carrying MBV e-juice in their store, but discovered that some of the flavors would crack plastic tanks. (I knew this from ECF) How none of their currently supply does that, so MBV isn't really good quality e-juice. (At this point, I was certain they really didn't have a clue what they were doing and I would not be back to their establishment.) How they didn't want to explain to their clients about juices damaging plastic tanks, so the opted out of carrying MBV.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those flavored juices that are known to damage plastic tanks are a general rule and not tied to a specific vendor, right?

The positive from my trip...the other B&M I've visited will probably get more of my business :p

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
Correct me if I'm wrong, but those flavored juices that are known to damage plastic tanks are a general rule and not tied to a specific vendor, right?

Yes this is true

How none of their currently supply does that, so MBV isn't really good quality e-juice.

No the tank cracking juice is not an indicator of that although as far as taste MBV is not the best quality for sure

I expect going into a B&M that they would be more knowledgeable than I am
I've only been vaping for a few weeks. I really felt like they had no clue what they were doing

This has been my experience from 3 places

If I had not found ecf I would not even be vaping at this time

thank you ECF

Danbrooks2k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Pensacola, Florida
If all a B&M sells is pre mixed... I can just buy a sample pack cheap online and save the gas. hand crafted flavors created by someone who loves vaping and DIY mixing. If I dont love a flavor I can gift it to someone else, or mix it with something. I asked for free samples with a bunch of large orders I made last week, all but one sent me some free stuff ( acording to my Dad and step mom )...

I will support you if you at least specialize in something e-cig related or have great prices or something. If your just trying to make a quick buck with little effort you wont be getting my buisness. If you dont know much about juices, or tanks, or cartos, or mods... well it is that kind of service that got me stuck out on an oil rig with juice that tastes like vegetable oil.

Davinna

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Central Il, USA
If all a B&M sells is pre mixed... I can just buy a sample pack cheap online and save the gas. hand crafted flavors created by someone who loves vaping and DIY mixing. If I dont love a flavor I can gift it to someone else, or mix it with something. I asked for free samples with a bunch of large orders I made last week, all but one sent me some free stuff ( acording to my Dad and step mom )...

I will support you if you at least specialize in something e-cig related or have great prices or something. If your just trying to make a quick buck with little effort you wont be getting my buisness. If you dont know much about juices, or tanks, or cartos, or mods... well it is that kind of service that got me stuck out on an oil rig with juice that tastes like vegetable oil.

Amen! Yikes, sad to hear you're stuck out there with that nasty stuff :(

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Venice, FL
Actually, I would argue that. Please remember that the people that are hanging out on this forum are NOT typical vapors. Look around that the people that you can find vaping. They are typically using the devices that get routinely bashed here. If you find a forum, you are looking for something more from vaping. The 'average' vaper is using B&M juice (or else they would be out of business) and a small battery and clearo. Nothing wrong with that, the point is that they are vaping, not smoking. I am not a fan of local vape shops selling what I think are poor quality juices, but I am still a complete noob. Who am I to tell someone what they should be selling? If they are in business and making a living and people are not smoking, we all win. I smile when I see a new vape shop open. I wish we had some more 'high-end' ones but with the Internet, I can get whatever I want. OK, enough rambling, GO TO BED OLD MAN! LOL, good luck and have fun!

danny4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
London
I second what oldognewtricks said. We have to be mindful that the vaping community is not just about ecf. There are lots of people out there that are content with what their b&m offers. I have learnt a lot from ecf, and I'm sure the op has too. Why not share it with the b&m to help them learn/improve. That is unless they are unwilling and to listen.

Motto:I've been helped, now I'll help.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
I second what oldognewtricks said. We have to be mindful that the vaping community is not just about ecf. There are lots of people out there that are content with what their b&m offers. I have learnt a lot from ecf, and I'm sure the op has too. Why not share it with the b&m to help them learn/improve. That is unless they are unwilling and to listen.

I would get that if you are talking about the people that are buying from the B&M that's understandable

But as it is you are talking about the B&M itself

I am in business and I am responsible for my products and product knowledge

This is not an excess for the B & M
If they don't care to put the time in to be knowledgeable about there business
to at least some level I have no sympathy for them

Davinna

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Central Il, USA

From my limited time in the store, I'm fairly certain they will not listen. I assume the owners were husband and wife. As soon as I started to make a statement, the wife would interrupt me and then the husband would chime in defending their business decisions.

I thought it was funny when I pulled up and saw half a dozen smokers standing outside their store from the bar next door. Wow what business opportunity going down the drain there :p

Davinna

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Central Il, USA
My signature addresses the situation at that B&M. BTW, if you do a search here for your state/city, you'll find a list of B&Ms in your area. I hope there are better ones.

I have found one that seems fairly knowledgeable and at least attempt to make their own juices. There's one more on my "must visit" list that is combination smoke and vape shop. Not sure if I want the temptation of going into a smoke shop. I fairly certain I'm not interested in smoking analogs again...but why tempt fate?

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
I went to 2 B&M, both in Ocean County, New Jersey. Both mixed their own juices (I still like this Tobachino, a tobacco and pistachio mix). They could set you with whatever nic level you wanted, as well. They were also quite knowledgeable.

I wish they weren't so far from me. We have one B&M, just opened, very tiny and looks to just be a reseller. It's a start. I give them props for opening in New York State.

GunArm

Verified Member
May 20, 2013
Texas
Yeah, definatly don't expect people working at a B&M to be knowledgable, or even honest for that matter. I've had them tell me that the sigelli vmax 1 is the "mercedes" of vape gear, but "the truth is this ego/cone atty is the best thing you can get". I've had to point to the devices behind the glass to ask about them because they don't know what type they are or what they are called. I've seen managers have to remind (not-so-new) employees how many drops of nicotine to add to juices while mixing in the back. I've seen B&M stores make their own liquid thats crap.

It's true that the average knowledge on a forum is higher than the general publics knowledge, but so should the knowledge of someone whose livelyhood comes from hawking these products. How can they not be interested enough to learn more about these things they spend 8 hours a day surrounded by?

I typically look for the one store with one guy behind the counter who has a mech and an RBA, and can speak to him as an equal lol

Bravesfan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2013
Grand Island, NE, USA
We have one actually vape shop that just recently opened up in our town and I have not been there yet but looked them up online and they mix their own juices but are the most high priced juice I have come across yet.

I am just so happy with what I get online, that I probably won't even go in there but it is great that they are here for the people who want to try them.

We have a regular Smoke Shop where I got a set up while I was waiting for my first one I ordered online and it isn't quality at all. Bought four of their juices and they all gave me a terrible headache so that didn't work for me at all.

But I am sure they work fine for some people.

To each his own.

Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread