Interesting Flavor Combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
I've been doing my own liquids for a few months now and I haven't had a lot of luck with what I consider to be a real winner except for one, which I thought I'd share.

Here's an interesting flavor combo for everyone: Ruby Red Grapefruit (TFA) 15%, Champagne (TFA) 5%, and Pixie Stick Candy (WF) 1%.

Very bright and refreshing. :)

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
I've been doing my own liquids for a few months now and I haven't had a lot of luck with what I consider to be a real winner except for one, which I thought I'd share.

Here's an interesting flavor combo for everyone: Ruby Red Grapefruit (TFA) 15%, Champagne (TFA) 5%, and Pixie Stick Candy (WF) 1%.

Very bright and refreshing. :)
I haven’t tried anything with my WF Pixie yet. Looks like something I might like:p Steep time or s&v?

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
I hope it turns out well and you love it!

I apparently am a flavor freak. I'm at 21% :D
I love flavor too! I just know I like the 2 FW I used at those percentages and this is my first mix with Pixie. So I went with the median or average used in a mix on ELR. I won’t post some recipes because I’d rather not deal with “those comments”. Sometimes mixes are better with less but so far I’ve found that some really need a bit more to be where I want them. If you like it and it works for you, don’t let anyone tell you any different!:thumb:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I hope it turns out well and you love it!

I apparently am a flavor freak. I'm at 21% :D
Not unusual when coming off of commercial juices. My percentages were high to at first. Your tastes will change over time just like quitting smoking .

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Yeah I don't have the rr grapefruit either. Sub queen here. I'm at 197 flavors so no more until I thin the herd.
Hubby asked me the other day if I’m about done buying flavors yet:laugh: First time he’s mentioned anything about any of it. Told him I might need to round out what I have here and there but I’m pretty close to being done now.:lol: He’s great!

• Optimistic
Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
If he pretended to believe you he is a great husband. For myself I have no desire to keep track of more than 200 flavors. Would like to eventually get down to 100-150 for my cousin and myself. Easy to manage and more than enough for great juices. Bonus is having room to try a few new ones if the mood strikes.

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
Well I don't have pink champagne but I do have blood orange champagne. Any hoo it sounds tasty and I'll adapt it to what I have on hand. Thanks for the idea Christy.
Letitia, you were the one who turned me on to Pixie. So good!

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
If he pretended to believe you he is a great husband. For myself I have no desire to keep track of more than 200 flavors. Would like to eventually get down to 100-150 for my cousin and myself. Easy to manage and more than enough for great juices. Bonus is having room to try a few new ones if the mood strikes.
What size bottles do you normally get? I only have 10mLs now to experiment. Capella Lemon Sicily has become one of my favorites.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
What size bottles do you normally get? I only have 10mLs now to experiment. Capella Lemon Sicily has become one of my favorites.
I now only get new flavors in 10ml or 8ml from Wizard. If it’s a win and I know I’ll use often I’ll then order a larger bottle, size depending on frequency and volume I’ll be using. I initially purchased some 60mls I’ve literally only used once. So, never again until I know I like and indeed will be using. My only exception to this rule is if someone I know and trust tells me to “get the big bottle.”

Edit:
I also have some 15mls. I just get the sample size available.

Last edited:

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
@Letitia I know this might be very similar to my first mix but your idea pulled me in. I know you have more experience mixing with citrusy mixes. If you don’t mind, how does this look? I love pink guava but know if not careful you can get some unpleasant off notes. I’m thinking a blood orange forward one would also be good...

Pink Pixie Pop

.25 Blood Orange (Natural) (FW)
2% Pink Champagne (FW)
1.3% Pink Guava (Flavorah)
3.5% Pixie Stick Candy (Wonder Flavours SC)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I order the sample 10-15ml then the keepers I order 2-4oz depending on sale prices. I love pixie, Cap jelly candy is good too for a smoother candy. WF gushy is popular with many and tastes good. I only pif'd mine because I prefer the jelly. Fa sweet and tart is good as well. CapSL rainbow candy is good but I probably won't reorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread