interesting side effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nynvolt

Aug 2, 2014
Placentia, CA, USA
I have allergies. My nose always clogs up and makes it tough to sleep. I've noticed since I've been vaping, I can clear up my sinus by blowing vapor out of my nose. I have not smoked cigarettes since 1996, my tobacco use was smokeless, dip. So I know that's not the reason. It's weird since it dries out my mouth but my nose feels so much better!

I'm no expert by any means, but I've read a lot of articles about using menthol to help clear up sinus problems. You might try vaping some menthol before you go to bed. That's why menthol is used in many vaporizers and in petroleum rubs that you use when you have a cold and congested.

Remember to drink plenty of water while vaping - or anytime for that matter, it's just healthy.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I have allergies. My nose always clogs up and makes it tough to sleep. I've noticed since I've been vaping, I can clear up my sinus by blowing vapor out of my nose. I have not smoked cigarettes since 1996, my tobacco use was smokeless, dip. So I know that's not the reason. It's weird since it dries out my mouth but my nose feels so much better!

I've noticed the same thing... I've got terrible allergies. Just don't try it with 18+mg nic in a dripper.... that sinus burn will make your eyes water!!
Like pascuba said, menthol works well too... except I can't stand menthol... I do keep a small bottle around just for when my sinuses get really bad

nynvolt

Aug 2, 2014
Placentia, CA, USA
Just don't try it with 18+mg nic in a dripper.... that sinus burn will make your eyes water!!

Haha, no kidding. I tried with 12 and...well that didn't go too well!

I've been vaping Bowden's mate the last few days and love how it seems to open up my sinus. I also have a pure menthol juice. But it seems to work with non menthol too! Very cool added bonus.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
to ecf nynvolt. So glad you are here. It makes sense, since a lot of inhalers have pg in them. It is just one of the many perks to vaping. The biggest perk are the people here that you will meet. Lots of wonderful people that are understanding and knowledgeable and willing to help any way the can. Good luck to you and happy vaping. :)

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I call mine Vape Nose...it gets runny and it tastes of eliquid. I know, sounds gross but that is my experience. I just have a tissue box at my Vape station.

SmokinRabbit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2009
I call mine Vape Nose...it gets runny and it tastes of eliquid. I know, sounds gross but that is my experience. I just have a tissue box at my Vape station.

I did a search on "runny nose" and found this thread. My nose isn't really running, but every once in a while I'll notice it feels just a teeny-tiny bit runny and there will be just a bit of a hint of a drop of that runniness when I go to wipe it. It's every so slight. I tend to just naturally vape out both my mouth and nose, and this slight runny feeling seems to happen with my new "thin mint" flavor the most.

It's very odd. :D

Moonswanni

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
The Winner Circle
I quit smoking and then took up vaping to remain that way. The first thing I notice was how my sinus flared up again. Today I occasionally get what feels like pimples on the edge of nose on the inside; however, they are not "pimples" but an allergic reaction to something in my juices (deadly sin is out of me :(). I was never a menthol smoker but my preference is menthol ejuices. They are easier on the coils and my nose, but the only way to clear up the nose completely is to stop vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread