Intermittent 510 LR Atty Coil??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms. Creant

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Hey all,

Thought I'd ask here before I do anything else as I've never used attys before and wanted to have a go at it.

I recently bought a couple of 510 LR Attys (got them yesterday) and they seem to have a problem. I put them on my battery and got one puff and that was about it from each. They will produce very little vapor on the automatic battery and when I put them on my 5v manual mod what happens is I'll get about half a second of spatter like I think it should work then nothing but a little intermittent 'tss, tss, tss, tss' sound like the way a mechanical automovite flasher works. So I figure the coils must be broken and when they heat up the break opens, it cools back down enough to make contact, heats up and re-opens again.

Does that sound about right?? Is this a common malfunction. I don't think there is any warranty on these things so I definitely won't be buying them again.

Further, can anyone recommend a good Canadian vendor for good quality Attys? I have a 5V mod right now but I'm waiting on parts and batteries to build some VV mods with 510 threads.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Have had it happen numerous times, usually a poorly built Atty, what I do is take my tweezers and wiggle the cup a little bit pushing down on it ever so lightly. for some reason or other this works quite often. Another thing you can try if that doesn't do it is taking a needle and moving your coil wires apart just a tad, sometimes they are to close together and shorting out. hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread