Three LR Atties Under-Performing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turok

May 15, 2010
pa
  • Three Low Resistance Atomizers Under-performing

I just ordered three 510 LR atomizers from a vendor I would like to keep anonymous until my inquiry is responded to by them. All three LR atomizers do not produce vapor that is sufficient to the LR atties reputation, in fact I can't even compare them to my aging regular 510 atties. None of the atomizers produce the red glow that (as far as I know) indicates a properly functioning atomizer. Ironically they all get super heated very quickly, to the point that they're burning to the touch and shoot liquid upwards like a volcano shoots out fireballs.

I've tested all three with a digital multimeter and if I'm doing it correctly (Set to 200 in the "Ohms" area of the dial, putting red in center and black on threads), two register as 2.0 and one is 2.3. I thought this was odd as my regular 510 atties come up as 2.6 and 2.7 respectively. Are these numbers within range? If so, what is the deal with the poor performance right out of the package?

I appreciate any help, thanks guys.

Little Girl

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
New York
mostlylinux.wordpress.com
This is probably unrelated, but I've noticed that with my LR atomizers, I can attach them as loosely as I like to my Indulgence and they'll work just fine, but if I try attaching them to my standard 510 pass-through or my HV 510 pass-thru or to any 510 battery, I have to snug them on very tightly or they won't work at all, whereas with regular atomizers, I can attach those as loosely as I like and they'll still work. Gremlins... :D

Ease

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2010
Middle Tennessee
I've tested all three with a digital multimeter and if I'm doing it correctly (Set to 200 in the "Ohms" area of the dial, putting red in center and black on threads), two register as 2.0 and one is 2.3. I thought this was odd as my regular 510 atties come up as 2.6 and 2.7 respectively. Are these numbers within range? If so, what is the deal with the poor performance right out of the package?

2.0-2.3 sounds a little hi. My pair of 510LRs are at 1.6.

Turok

May 15, 2010
pa
This is probably unrelated, but I've noticed that with my LR atomizers, I can attach them as loosely as I like to my Indulgence and they'll work just fine, but if I try attaching them to my standard 510 pass-through or my HV 510 pass-thru or to any 510 battery, I have to snug them on very tightly or they won't work at all, whereas with regular atomizers, I can attach those as loosely as I like and they'll still work. Gremlins...

Haha, I've been vaping long enough to know about all the voodoo that's involved. :laugh: I did try switching out batteries, try different mods, adjusting tightness of the atties, etc.. Seems to be the atties themselves.

2.0-2.3 sounds a little hi. My pair of 510LRs are at 1.6.

Good to know, I wasn't really sure what a healthy reading would be for one of these. Although the vendor does list these as 1.7 ohms upon further reading. Urgh, this is lame. I just sank $30 on atties that can't even hold their own against standard 510 atties.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com

I just ordered three 510 LR atomizers from a vendor I would like to keep anonymous until my inquiry is responded to by them. All three LR atomizers do not produce vapor that is sufficient to the LR atties reputation, in fact I can't even compare them to my aging regular 510 atties. None of the atomizers produce the red glow that (as far as I know) indicates a properly functioning atomizer. Ironically they all get super heated very quickly, to the point that they're burning to the touch and shoot liquid upwards like a volcano shoots out fireballs.

Turok,

I dont know what could be wrong with these attys but this is NOT typical of LR attys at all. Sounds like you have done everything to get them to work.

I would suggest trying to send them back for replacements. If you can't, write it off as a lost and use another supplier to get some.

I have had great success with Eastmall.net EM5 attys.. They last a long time and produce great vapor.

If you will PM me your name and address I will send you one FREE!
Just let me know bro..

Turok

May 15, 2010
pa
Well I finally got a response from the vendor and they agreed to replace the atties upon return of the defect units. I'm looking into the suggestions made by everyone who posted (The only downside to e-cigs is you're always looking for that better TH hit.:) ) and wanted to thank you guys for the help. In the future I'll hopefully be a better informed consumer from the advice I received here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread