Intermittent vaper going full time

Status
Not open for further replies.

generic 80s name

Sep 3, 2018
Hi all! I started in 2010 with cigalikes as a means to quit smoking, had good success back then but when I fell off the wagon (several times) in the years that followed I couldn't find the same ones that I liked anymore and experimented with pen-style vapes. Unfortunately they just didn't do it for me--I know it's because they didn't offer the throat hit/MTL/same taste that I got from Camels, and finally I ended up with a Suorin Air with Mr. Salt-E tobacco flavor that has been a total game-changer for me. It out-performs the Camels even! I'm still dual using but I'm down to 5 or fewer analogs per day, and today I have only had 1! I think the only thing keeping me from dropping it all together has to do with how I've built in outside time into my life to accomodate the smoking habit, and going outside to vape just doesn't feel the same. Especially at work!

Fortunately I live in a part of the US where the weather is either dramatically too hot or painfully too cold for 8 months out of the year so once winter gets here it will be much easier to quit all together. My least successful quits are always the ones that begin in spring or fall.

In the past, I used vaping strictly as a way to get through the first 1-2 months of quitting smoking, but I've decided to go ahead and commit further to vaping as a replacement of sorts instead of as a passifier. I have 2 new vapes coming in the mail soon to try and expand my experience.

Philabos

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2017
I know how you feel.
Sometimes it is the lonely vaper among the smokers.
Get the right juice, above all, and the right setup.
I was able to quit over a year ago, not because it's better for you, but the taste was just so much better.
The one thing it will not replicate is the smell. I still miss it until I get a burst of that great taste again.
Good luck.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Hello and welcome to ECF. When I finally got serious about quitting, I found a great shop and they got me started with the proper equipment (for me) and I was able to put down the cigarettes. I was really surprised how easy it finally was to quit.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Welcome, and congrats for doing so well so far!
We all seem to have different paths to the same desired result - giving up smoking for good. For me, I didn't make the decision to use vaping to quit. I just decided I was going to quit on a certain day, hell or high water. I actually made a commitment to my son that if he gave up something that he really needed to quit, that I'd quit the smokes.

But then I got pretty scared when the day approached, and remembered trying with cigalikes years earlier. Thought they'd help me get thru it. Thankfully, there were much better options as of last year. It made it pretty easy, after the first 3-4 weeks, and I'm enjoying all the benefits, with no hurry to give up vaping yet.

Finding something so quick that's doing it for you is a real blessing. Good luck - I have a feeling this will be your most successful quit yet!

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread