Not open for further replies.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Hello everyone.
I am curious how many people quit smoking by vaping and stayed quit. About 6 weeks ago I picked up a vape kit at a store and some juice and within 4 days I kicked a 40 year smoking habit. I was told I had no choice to quit or a doctor wouldnt do an operation on me.
As someone who loved to smoke and a heavy smoker, I can already see all the benifits of not being a smoker and a vaper instead but I am curious how many quit and went back to smoking or smoked and vaped together.

Daniel

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I also smoked for 40 years. I quit "by accident." I liked smoking and had no intention to quit, but the e-cig I got on a lark to play with had other plans for me. The first night I tried an e-cig was the last night I smoked. I have been tobacco free for 2 years. I don't think of it so much that I quit smoking, but rather I found something I like better.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
to ecf Daniel. So glad you are here. Congrats on the 6 weeks of vaping. Isn't it wonderful. It is the only thing that ever helped me and I tried everything. I really doesn't take long to start feeling the benefits of vaping. I had given up on ever being smokefree. I bought a kit with a Groupon and thought I'd just save a little money along the way. It got to the point where I preferred vaping. It has been over a year since I last had a real cigarette and I can honestly say I don't miss them. Continued success to you. Let us know if you have any questions, always wonderful people around here who care. :)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Welcome and well done, Daniel. :)

It's just marvelous that people can do this sort of thing with vaping. You are also lucky that you bought a kit good enough to "deal with" a 40 years.

I am confident for the future. Some of us started with so-called e-cigarettes that were incapable of really working, but these days more and more people are lucky not to fall into the trap of these evil money-making products.

I've not smoked since and only dual used during the dark days of those useless products.

Congratulations!

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Hello, Daniel . . . Welcome to the ECF community.

I was a 35 year smoker. Had tried everything to quit like most, but failed. Obviously, cold turkey wasn't going to work for me.

Had tried a gas station purchased Blu cig about 3 years ago. Again, I failed. Shortly afterwards, I was determined to give it another shot. Went back to the disposable Blu cigs. A week later I purchased a Blu kit. A couple of weeks later, I found these ECF boards and have never looked back.

Vaping is deeply rooted in my lifestyle, now. It's turned into quite an enjoyable hobby.

Harleybarbie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Wonderland
Welcome Chopdoc!
I was a 30 year smoker, I had a cig-a-like in 2009 but I couldn't stop smoking.
Nephew bought me an ego for my birthday about a year ago and I didn't think it would work... But low and behold a year later and I don't miss them!
I'm so happy I was able to quit! Never thought I could!
I played around with that ego for a month or two and I work with a lot of Docs they were so great, they were my biggest fans and cheerleaders!
It took me just one day to quit when I set my mind to it!
A year later I don't even think of the pack of cigs I have in my freezer :) good luck to you and get yourself some backups and vape like crazy!

Margie123

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2014
Mount Vernon Wa.
Welcome. I smoked for 50 years. I have vaped for 4 months now. I still have one cigarette most mornings simply because I had a carton left when I went to vaping. But when they are gone I'll be done with them for ever. I have a pack and a half left. Thinking about throwing them away because I don't need my security blanket any more. I love vaping and can't imagine myself ever smoking full time ever again. good luck. Glad to have you here.

Smoke free for 2 years now. Strictly vaping. I did struggle at first to find the right juice that would allow me to quit, but once I found that juice that I loved more than cigarettes, it was easy.

Good luck and I hope you keep up the good work. Start reducing your nicotine levels slowly and before long you will be nicotine free as well.

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
Howdy Chopdoc, three and half months here, after an 30 off and mostly on year and at that end 2PAD smoking habit. Health reasons led me to quitting, and unsuccessfully many times. Started vaping and had no ill effects whatsoever, feel better, certainly smell better, and thinking still this is completely doable.

Congrats!

Thespis

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
Texas
I got some ego batteries and clearomizers a couple of years ago. I vaped a bit, but never actually quit smoking because I didn't care for the juice I got and the clearomizers didn't produce enough vapor.
I picked it back up a few weeks ago and replaced the juice with a GREAT Cuban tobacco flavor and added a Protank 3 Mini. WOW! It made all the difference. I had a pack and a half left and went from a pack to 10 a day, then 5 a day, then 1 a day. When they were gone, I didn't feel the need to buy any more. That was two weeks ago and after 35 years, I can finally see myself being a non-smoker for the rest of my life. I may slip at some point, but I actually believe I can do it now. :)

j0sh

Sep 4, 2014
Indiana
It's important to understand exactly why you got so much satisfaction out of smoking. A lot of people will admit that after giving up smoking for vaping that the nicotine really doesn't seem like it was what they needed. I'll admit, just having something in my hand or mouth is a big deal. More than that, I frequently "step outside" to vape even where it's perfectly cool to smoke. I know that seems strange since so many people enjoy the freedom to partake in more places but I need an excuse to walk away from whatever environment is making me want "something."

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Thanks for all the replies and congrats to all who stopped smoking!

I did love to smoke and I work a two week at work two weeks off at home schedule and when at home I could hit 3 to 4 packs a day easily. At work I was 2 or less packs a day. I tried the blu's before but to me they just didnt satisfy my cravings. After the doc told me I had no choice but to quit I picked up the VaporX xpress started kit for like $25 at a gas station and some vapin plus rich tobacco ejuice at another gas station on my way to work (my drive is about 3 hours to get to work). That did it for me where blu's didnt. Four days later I smoked my last cigarette and I have one open pack stashed at work but the ones I had at home I already gave away.
I do have a few questions but I think it would be best to start a new thread for them so maybe they can help other new peeps like me. I m grateful to be part of such a great group like this.
[h=2][/h]

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Welcome aboard
Got my first vape june 1 2013. not one cig since, within 30 days I gave away 3 1/2 cartons of cigs away. The folks that I gave the cigs to also were given a e-cig and some juice. They never smoked the cigs I had given them or the ones they had on hand.

Clean for 15 months, haven't even wanted a cig. Now my addiction is mods, batteries, chargers, tanks, rba...........

That is good news. I'm trying to figure out which setup to start with to help me quit smoking. I really, and I mean really, don't like the gigantic battery vaporizers but I do want a good draw. I am trying one of the inexpensive ones from fuze right now and it makes me cough like mad.

I've read in another thread on these forums that the coughing will likely go away since it is probably just getting used to inhaling something new. As I recall I didn't cough this much when I started with the stinky sticks.

Anyway, thank you for your post and congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread