The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Internal bottle O ring question....

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by bones1274, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. bones1274

bones1274 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2010
    florida
    Got a new SL Grand a few weeks ago and since day one the o ring in the internal bottle has been sliding over as in the pic below. I would pull it off, wash it and put it back, only to have it slide over again after one or two squonks, sending juice down the outside of the bottle into the inside of the Grand instead of up into the RM2. I finally said to hell with it and pulled the whole top off and replaced it with the top and o ring from one of my other Grands. I have fought with this o ring daily for a few weeks now, and I was wondering if anyone else had had an issue like this, and is it salvageable?

bottle.jpg

2. jstjoehere

jstjoehere Super Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Wv, usa
    Im not a squonker but It looks like the o ring wont seal between the top and the bottle so when you release pressure it sucks the o ring in. Might try a new bottle.

3. bones1274

Oct 28, 2010
    florida
    I just swapped tops and o rings cause it would suck the o ring up towards the top of the cap.

4. tmel

tmel Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 8, 2013
    Denver, CO
    I have the same problem with o-rings when I have Pluid in my Reo.

The Pluid does something to the o-ring and causes it to swell/expand and it'll no longer fit properly in the cap.

5. 73neb

73neb Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 27, 2014
    N. California Bay Area
    I had the same issue with the oring till I realized I was over tightening the bottle. Now I watch the oring and only tighten the bottle till I see the oring make full contact with the lid. No problems since.

6. el_lou

el_lou Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 28, 2013
    Miami, FL, USA
    That's what I was going to suggest. DOn't tighten that bottle as much.

7. bones1274

Oct 28, 2010
    florida
    Yup, tried that. Regardless of how tight the bottle was, any squonking would push the o ring up. Swapped top and o ring and now works fine.

8. MikeMills

MikeMills Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2014
    SoCal OC
    One of my Grands does that all the time. I have a rebuild kit coming, hoping it'll help.

9. el_lou

el_lou Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 28, 2013
    Miami, FL, USA
    Try this.. Check out where I put the O-ring on MY Grand (the one in the middle).

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.