Internet Browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Puffalot

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2008
UK
I used to use Opera which I really liked until trying Chrome and never looked back.

Chrome was also the only browser to survive hacking attempts on day 1 of the pwn2own 2009 contest. IE7, Safari and Firefox fell in minutes and even bugs were found in IE8. That added bit of security is always handy.

Last edited:

ISAWHIM

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
www.isawhim.com
I develop websites, so I have to see the world through many eyes...

I use these three. (MSIE 7+), (FF 3.08), (Chrome 1+)

I don't care for anything related to apple. That is just a personal thing. I also can't waste time developing websites to function on obscure software. (The loss of 1% for those who are as stubborn as I am, is not worth the time, money or effort. Most people have two browsers.)

There is no such thing as a "Safe" browser or a "Secure" browser... They all have flaws, and are equally easy to hack. Trust me, if someone wants something you have, they will eventually get it, or get caught trying to get it, or move to an easier target.

Use what you like, and NEVER assume any browser is safe... or you are the easier target.

Sure hackers will tell you another browser they made is safer... They know how to get in there better, faster, and those who believe it is safe will visit your sites more and tell you which browser they use... (Takes the guessing out of which hack methods to use.)

If I want security, I use my own data-browser... Raw HTML and text, no images, no pop-ups, no ads, and 1000 times faster than all other browsers. LOL. Yummy!

If you use windows... you are using MSIE, even if you don't realize it... Windows-XP and up to all present versions are all MSIE as the operating system. They just made it look like the old windows setup. Your desktop is a browser. (Ironically, you have to use MSIE/desktop to operate all other browsers, unless you have a DOS or x86 version, or linux or apple. Which is ironic again, because all new apple computers are IBM x86 computers inside. Apple no longer manufactures anything. It is all China-Ware and Japan-Ware.)

Want to have some fun... get a plug-in for FireFox called FireBug... It allows you to see all the horrible HTML and broken junk in a web-page. It also allows you to see many of the obvious hack-attempts on some sites. It shows frames in frames in frames in frames in virtual content... Super-detailed and easy to follow. (You can even live-edit any web page. You can do that in MSIE also, but it requires a special link to activate that hidden feature. No I can not post the link, because it has javascript, and would be removed by the link filter here. Just google "MSIE edit hack link trick".)

Last edited:

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
I used to use firefox exclusively, but since finding chrome, I am hooked. I still keep firefox and even IE as backups for those pesky sites that don't recognize chrome.

I have just downloaded chrome after reading your post Tas.....my first impressions are that it's a very neat easy to use interface and quite fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread