The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Interview with NAV Canada

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by Stucco Jedi, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Stucco Jedi

Stucco Jedi Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

On this beautiful day when I should be outside enjoying my day off I am instead inside vaping my face off trying to prepare for an interview. It has been a long time coming and I am wondering.......

Is there any air traffic controllers on this forum?

Any helpful advice from recruiters for a professional interview?

Thanks for any advice I can get.

Happy vaping

2. IanK1968

IanK1968 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2011
    Toronto Canada
    I went to NAV Canada back in 1989 and wrote the test for ATC, I failed lol. not by much though, stuff changed in my life and I never went bck to rewrite the test. I probably would have passed the 2nd time. Its pretty stressful test. NAV Canada has mega security too. When I went in, they took my finger prints, SIN, Photo, did a background check, the whole 9 yards.

3. IanK1968

IanK1968 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2011
    Toronto Canada
    Oh they also offer a course. I dont know how much it costs, I think it was $1500 back in 1989, no idea how much it would be now. I recommend taking it.

4. CdnBison

CdnBison Super Member ECF Veteran

May 24, 2011
    Winnipeg
    I made it past the first round in about '97. After that, it was the interview and more testing - if you can visualize and calculate in 3d quickly, you'll be fine. If you can't, you won't pass.

5. Stucco Jedi

I am going to second interview this wed. really excited but the prep really sucks. But if I get in 18 months of studying and simulators.

Happy vaping

6. Stucco Jedi

Well finished second round interview. I was well prepared and it went nice and smooth.

The Edmonton control centre is a super cool place. It would be a really great job. Can't wait to hear from them.

Happy vaping

7. Not Iris

Not Iris Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 23, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    I hope everything goes well Jedi. :)

8. Dauslyn

Dauslyn Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 20, 2011
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    just use the force, you'll be fine.

all jokes aside, best of luck to you

9. bidslayer

bidslayer Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2012
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Good luck, Jedi. I've toured the Toronto and Montreal ACC's as well as a couple of towers ... they are amazing. In Montreal, the fellow we were dealing with showed us the old display equipment and how they used to control traffic by having to remember which blip was which. Unreal - it must take nerves of steel, even with the more advanced technology.

I always liked the folks at NAV and the people who work there are top notch.

10. Projectguy

Projectguy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2012
    Oakville, ON
    Good Luck Jedi. I tried 40 years ago and that did not happen for me. Often think about that so I started sky diving.
    PS stopped that too a long time ago after jump #680.

You'll do great!!!!

11. Stucco Jedi

Thanks for all the kind words to all

Happy vaping

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.