• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

My new website needs your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moved On
Sep 15, 2011
canada
I working on a website I'm going to have made. It will be focused on raising awareness about e-cig facts in Canada, and act as a reflection of the Canadian vaping community and it's supporters to make some noise. I want to really spend some time getting positive opigions from medical professionals and those in the field. I also want to post alote of video interviews with doctors, supporters, users etc... as well as display videos from everyone involved who sent in a video with some good content. I will have a petition section that will take signatures and a quick letter from supporters with a seperate section for those in the medical field. I think it is important also to make the vaping experience felt through the site to push smokers in the right direction towards ecigs. For most people new to e-cigs a picture of some hardware does nothing for them, but watching a bunch of people in a video enjoying them in social situations, and blowing clouds of vapour can really make them want to give it a shot. I would appreciate any ideas you may have for the site, I will also be excepting videos, testomonials, stories/experiences, pictures, news etc... All things e-cig positive to build a good site that reflects the canadian vaping community.

Nate

Moved On
Sep 15, 2011
canada
Seeing how you are a newish member - can you give us more information on your website? Like a link?
The sites not up yet I'm just designing it now and getting quotes from webdesigners. I do have the 12 page mockup on word, but it's still a work in progress. The idea has been evolving in my head for the past month or so, and it continues to evolve everyday. It all started after my chainsmoking .... quit overnight like a lightswitch turning off when I got my first eGo. I knew I wanted to be a part of the rise of this product, nudge it into the spotlight in canada where I can make a difference, do what I can to help lift the rediculous ban on these life saving products.

I notice everywhere I whip out my eGo, eveyrone asks me to get them one, but it's only after they experience the product live that they "get it." No matter how much you explain an e-cig to someone who hasn't experienced it, they just don't get it. Some pictures and specs of some hardware on a resseller website doesn't do anything for them, people need to really experience what ecig-s are. That is what the homepage on my site will be for. A page dedicated to helping people "get it." So general description and history of e-cigs, videos from ex-smokers vaping away, videos taking the product to the street asking real smokers what they think, videos of people vaping socially just like one would smoke and have a beer, whatever can be put on their to get the vaping experience accross through the monitor. The idea is to get them to that place where they "get it." A "Sign petition link" is found at the bottom of every page on the site.

"About us" page has a letter from me explaining my profound experience with giving the nasty tobacco weed up and moving on to something much better and I why I believe this product is a life saving product and should be legal and why I will work towards that goal.

"Stop the ban" page contains all information relevant to HC's ban, videos of doctors testimonials, the facts about the health benefits as appose to smoking, ex-smokers better health testimonials etc...
"Petition" page includes a viewable petition devided into 2 sections, supporters, and those in the medical field. Petition will always be open to more signatures.

"Media" page displays my pics/videos as well as videos/pics from other supporters in canada.

"Products" page would contain starter kits and liquids for sale if I ever decided to go that route. I have set up deals with joyetech for large orders imported for eGo-T's. I would love to get my money back for all the website design costs down the road but it won't be a part the site now and I'm not sure if I'm even interested in entering this saturated market. For now I would like to focus on raising awareness about the product, getting the experience accross to smokers so they can make the pleasant switch I made. I just believe this product should be legal, and people NEED to know about it.

XSlor

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
BC, Canada
111 - don't be discouraged by this though. I think it's a great business opportunity and clearly a lot of people want more genuine canadian dealers. Just don't go asking people to get your business running :D

My new website needs your help

I think there are rules to "advertise" your products in this forum. In other words you got to pay :D

mopar

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2011
Toronto
www.canvape.com
I don't have a problem with any of this, raising awareness and looking to sell vaping products go hand in hand really. Anything that advances vaping certainly helps the cause.

Your right it's a great idea, but typically when you look for volunteers it's not-for profit.

Trailer

Jun 13, 2011
Parry Sound, On Can
I own a hosting company as well as being a partner in web design firm. So drop me a PM with what you are thinking and I maybe able to donate a reasonable amount of time ( and possibly resources).

I love the idea of an awareness site... but if you are just selling stuff...meh...

Actually make that "quote you" instead of "donate" if you are going to sell products.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread