Introducing Futura - The Modular DNA 20 APV by NexgenVapor[ISSUE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ycromo

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2013
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Futura issue most likely from the reports. All my other DNAs, 20s, 30s, & 40s perform flawlessly.

Some folks are having issues with the 40 but are mostly getting them resolved.

good to know. maybe i'll take a chance.
i'm interested in the vapor flask and read some reports of issues. but maybe a build issue and not a board issue?

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
I've been vaping nothing but a DNA40 device since I got it 100% of the time using nickel wire and temp. My biggest attraction to temp control is the flavor and not inhaling torched juices & wick - which ultimately makes the flavor nastier, obviously, but also carries potential health risks.

As far as difference between the flavor of nickel vs kanthal, I don't get any funky taste off of nickel. I think whether a freshly wrapped coil from kanthal or nickel, the first few puffs are a bit weird but nothing significant and it fades quickly, then its shear bliss.

My kanthal DNA30 set ups would get gunked up after a few tanks. Not because I ever vaped sub-ohms or pumped the watts higher then 12, but because I like thicker sweet juices. With my DNA40 set to 410 degrees, I find it gunks up about half as fast. Now that I've got the hang of wrapping nickel wire coils, it takes no time and is a breeze. I wont ever dry burn a nickel coil, however, like I did with kanthal all the time to clean it, so instead I try to wipe it off with paper towel and clean wicks to wipe of the inside of the coils, but if its too gunked, I just re-wrap a coil in 2-5 mins and am back to perfection for a few more days. I get great vapor and flavor without torching anything and am extremely impressed.

Yeah, there have been issues with DNA40 boards, but evolv is good about rectifying any issues. I also can't access the nextgen website using a mac & safari. With the DNA 20 & 30 boards, I'd be willing to bet that issues with the futura were not the evolv boards, but something else.

Griff.J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
ON Canada
Hello, Well I'm sitting here vaping on my original Futura (first 100 batch). And I thought of this thread again. LOL.. Yah their website is gone for me.

I've given mine a new finish, sat down with scotchbrite after it sustained too many dings and scratches and removed the cerakote, then I polished it to a mirror shine. Now it looks like the 250 whatever dollars it cost :p hahaha.

Mostly I've been using Kick 2s in mechs the last few months because they're just smaller, as well as my VaporShark DNA..

welp... put a fork in 'er. she's done.

"Introducing Futura - The Modular DNA 20 APV by NexgenVapor"

Farewell Futura - The Not-So-Ultimate Enough E-Cig by NexGen Vapor.. :facepalm:

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Actually mine is working just fine and perfectly fits my needs. I rarely go over 15 watts and it provides me with a very consistent vape. The only thing that annoys me is having to unscrew then screw back the bottom cap every once in a while to get an accurate battery reading. And that it goes through batteries really fast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Griff.J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
ON Canada
Actually mine is working just fine and perfectly fits my needs. I rarely go over 15 watts and it provides me with a very consistent vape. The only thing that annoys me is having to unscrew then screw back the bottom cap every once in a while to get an accurate battery reading. And that it goes through batteries really fast.
LOL, I thought it was just me. Yah I have to wiggle the battery cap too to get more battery life, weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread