Arlington, Texas - USA

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
This is off topic, but did anyone see those 35w tubes at FT for $44

$44.86 E-Holly 7-35W Variable Wattage APV Mod - 1*18350 / 1*18650 / stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I read on joes site, they supposedly use the sx350 yihi chip, if thats true, I want to try one.

The discussions on FT seem inconclusive. You might want to try the ipv 2. Not bad for this price range, but there is something that I don't really know that makes the vape quality of the Provari and the Semovar at the same wattage or voltage obviously better. So a vape at 10.5 watts on my Semovar (or 4.2 volts on my Provari) are better than a vape on the same wattage on my ipv 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
yeah you can send jon a pm with your name and address and how many units you got may take a few days for him to answer but the copper springs are the best , i doubled the chrome springs but it still gave me problems

A friend of mine did something crazy the other day...he pulled out the inner copper wire of a TV antenna cable, wrapped it around a thick screwdriver and used it on his mech..he claims it is awesome and tackled the voltage loss as well as the overheating of the firing button

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Well..the antiquity aspect aside, given that the 30 was sold by the very same seller for $200 I find it difficult to justify buying the 20 for only $25 less :). Bearing in mind that Innokin will soon be releasing the SVD 2.0 with an Evolv DNA 20 chip (and step down regulation) for under $100, I find the $175 price even less and less justifiable.

Last edited:

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
The discussions on FT seem inconclusive. You might want to try the IPV 2. Not bad for this price range, but there is something that I don't really know that makes the vape quality of the Provari and the Semovar at the same wattage or voltage obviously better. So a vape at 10.5 watts on my Semovar (or 4.2 volts on my Provari) are better than a vape on the same wattage on my IPV 2.

My son in law bought a c'hana chdna30 from Fasttech the other day. Looks great, but I think it over volts.... same atty at the same wattage on a real DNA30 vs the Chinese DNA30 seems to be much higher voltage on the replica.... that's why I'm curious if that other mod uses a real yihi chip or not.

But as I recall the ipv2 uses the yihi chip? And it sounds like your not impressed? I'm so sorry :(

Most if not all the feedback I've read about the yihi sx series seems to be positive?

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
The discussions on FT seem inconclusive. You might want to try the IPV 2. Not bad for this price range, but there is something that I don't really know that makes the vape quality of the Provari and the Semovar at the same wattage or voltage obviously better. So a vape at 10.5 watts on my Semovar (or 4.2 volts on my Provari) are better than a vape on the same wattage on my IPV 2.

I have had the complete opposite experience with the IPV2, much better and consistent than the others.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
My son in law bought a c'hana chdna30 from Fasttech the other day. Looks great, but I think it over volts.... same atty at the same wattage on a real DNA30 vs the Chinese DNA30 seems to be much higher voltage on the replica.... that's why I'm curious if that other mod uses a real yihi chip or not.

But as I recall the ipv2 uses the yihi chip? And it sounds like your not impressed? I'm so sorry :(

Most if not all the feedback I've read about the yihi sx series seems to be positive?

It's not that I am not impressed..I think it's good value for money..and it is a good addition to my vaping arsenal..as for the difference in vape quality it's a tiny difference ..like the difference between the Semovar and the Provari..a good deal of those who have both (including myself) will argue that the Semovar has a slightly better vape quality..I still enjoy the provaris I have though.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
That I agree with, the cerakote is so tough. My titanium color was bought off the classifieds so I'm the second owner, I've had it a little less than a year, its been with me just about everywhere, in the car, in the cup holder, in my pocket, has fallen a few times in the house on the carpet, but there's not a blemish on it. ITS ONE TOUGH COATING. I would actually like to get a Kayfun cerakoted to match my Futura - BapGood did that with a Taifun GT and it looks great, though he did black. The titanium has a little bit of texture to it.... one day I'll get off my lazy .... and find someone in my area who does cerakoting and get it done... Can't be too expensive?

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
anybody else interested in selling his/her futura 30? :)

I got a 20 I'd sell.

Perfect condition. $175 plus shipping.

Dude..you just sold your 30 for $200 ..come on!

Hence the $25 difference.

Well..the antiquity aspect aside, given that the 30 was sold by the very same seller for $200 I find it difficult to justify buying the 20 for only $25 less :). Bearing in mind that Innokin will soon be releasing the SVD 2.0 with an Evolv DNA 20 chip (and step down regulation) for under $100, I find the $175 price even less and less justifiable.

So...I'm still wondering if anybody wants to sell his/her Futura 30

Folks. Please no discussions of buying or selling between members within the general forum threads.

If you want to sell, post a thread in the classifieds.

If you want to buy, post in the WTB section.

Please refer to the forum rules.

Thank you.

blindsoup

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
New York
I PM'd Jon to try and get a new spring, but no response :(

Well, i sent a message through the website trying to get one of the new springs. Jon did get back to me stating he will send me a couple of them for $3. Shortly after, he sent me a PP invoice for $4, (whatever, i am not going to argue over a dollar, just want an upgraded spring) which i immediately paid. This was on Sept 10th and haven't heard or received anything as of yet. I emailed a couple of days ago for an update......I am sure it will come, i am just hoping its before Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread