Introducing myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lee72

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
UK
Hi all,

My name's Lee. I live in the UK and am completely new to vaping. In fact I'm still a vaping virgin. I've ordered a cheap kit to see how it works but am looking to get a Joye510 then maybe save up for an eGo.

I just wanted to say that the amount of info on here is amazing and is keeping me busy while I research everything. I'll try to get settled in and make it over to the UK forum when I've posted enough.

Just one more thing, the reason I'm looking into vaping is I saw a news report on the local TV last week I think. It was about a man who had died and was a vaper. His doctor was citing e-cigs as a possible contributing factor in his death. However the report didn't really expand on the man smoking for x amount of years previosly.

I found the disinformation rather annoying and it is what prompted me into researching as much as I could. So far I have found more positives than negatives and I'm quite excited to get into the world of vaping. I'm still smoking about 20 cigs a day, I hate it but I'm addicted. Hopefully this will be a way to help wean me off them.

Anyway, Hi! and sorry for the long intro.

lee72

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
UK
Thanks, I watched the news report with my wife and although we felt sorry for the poor guy passing away we were both more intrigued by the info on the e-cigs. I find it weird vaping isn't more popular with all the negatives associated with smoking real cigarettes but maybe it's the tobacco companies having a hand in there somewhere. I just hope things stay as they are now and the government don't stick their oar in. Vaping seems to be a very cost effective alternative, can't wait to start!

Erfmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
Arizona
Vaping seems to be a very cost effective alternative, can't wait to start!

I dunno about cost effective...if your like me, and many others, you'll spend a bit of cash up front experimenting with different juice flavors, attys, kits, etc... Lol. Once you settle in, it should be cheaper per month....course, settling is the hard part...there are just so many options, and gadgets out there....
But welcome to vapeville...hope you enjoy...

lee72

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
UK
I dunno about cost effective...if your like me, and many others, you'll spend a bit of cash up front experimenting with different juice flavors, attys, kits, etc... Lol. Once you settle in, it should be cheaper per month....course, settling is the hard part...there are just so many options, and gadgets out there....
But welcome to vapeville...hope you enjoy...

I've made myself a spreadsheet to compare costs and even adding in silly prices for stuff I still end up spending a lot less. I'm a sucker for gadgets and bits of kit. I love all the little pieces, anodized drip tips for example. I can see myself getting hooked but luckily I have a sensible wife with a tight reign on the purse strings! Thanks for all the welcomes guys.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
For lee and the person who asked about Canada - there are both a Canada and a UK section on ECF. Get 5 total non-spam posts and/or replies in New members and wait an hour, then you should be able to post in other areas of the forum.

Here are the national forums. They'll have a better idea of what ecigs are easy to get and easy to get supplies for in your countries
National Forums

I am pretty sure Canadian vendors like Happy Vapor have the most popular ecigs we use here - the 510/Ego line and the KR808D-1 line

lee72

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
UK
Welcome :) I'm happy to see good come out of that article as well! Good luck and I hope you enjoy vaping! This is an awesome site for info and help. Btw, I also made a spreadsheet to count costs and compare.

Thanks again, everyone's being very welcoming. I made the spreadsheet to convince my wife. She's waiting to see how I do. I'm also hoping to convert my brother and sister in law so we can all buy in bulk and get discounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread