• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Introducing ourselves? I'll start LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashmn

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
SW FL (Naples)
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Mary Kay for pointing out this forum. I have been unaware of it but feel it is place I will feel more comfortable to talk freely.

I just started vaping a couple of weeks ago and probably have about $1K invested. (Oh, no, another addiction LOL.) The reasons are two fold. The first is obvious need to stockpile just in case of a ban (plus we always have to be mindful of hurricanes in FL.) The other is the fact that I am also trying to outfit DH with something simple and durable. Right now he is half-heartedly doing brands I'd rather not discuss ;-).

I was diagnosed with mild COPD and have to quit smoking analogs but nothing has worked until now. I hope to be off the cancer sticks totally in another week-down to about 6 a day now. Once the bulk of my supplies arrive, I can beat the demon.

Looking forward to getting to know you all much better. I put more personal stuff at a later date.

Lynn

beckah54

Dog Lover!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Ohio
Hello Lynn,

Glad you made it to the Women's Room. I think we all have done our share of stockpiling supplies with the future of ecigs hanging in the balance.

I've spent a lot of money too, but I haven't had the nerve to calculate what I've truly spent. I just mark it up to a good cause and try to tell myself I really don't need any more "stuff".

I hope I'll see you around later.

Linda

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Hello, my name is Mary and I am addicted to buying more stuff! :p
I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I don't work anymore, but I take my job of keeping you ladies in line very seriously! Of course my job would be much harder if you did any thing out of line!:rolleyes:
After 37 years of smoking 2 packs a day..I am Quit! Well I am trying..so far so good. 4 months.
I enjoy long walks in the park yoga and earth shoes...so NOT any of those. I do however love to watch movies with the grands and have fun diner suppers with hubby, he makes the burgers and I do the fries and shakes.
Not much more to tell..I think I have covered most of my life on this board..and then some!
Welcome to you Lynn, good to have you here!

rocketvapor

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
Rockledge, FL
I don't work anymore, but I take my job of keeping you ladies in line very seriously! Of course my job would be much harder if you did any thing out of line!:rolleyes:

Well, MK, consider the gauntlet thrown! You will live to rue this day!!!:evil: Just kidding!

As for me, I'm an engineer working in shuttle operations at Kennedy Space Center, which makes me and MK nearly neighbors! I like to garden, read, and go to the beach. My life is actually pretty quiet and boring but that's the way I like it. I'm pretty straight-laced, but my one vice was cigarettes. After 30 years of smoking a pack + a day, I finally quit 5 weeks ago when I got turned onto e cigs.

You'll find the ladies here are really nice, and we all have a wicked sense of humor. Wear your body armor!

ramblingrose

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
New Jersey USA
Hey everyone.
MaryKay - my two word reply was about the best my brain could come up with at 7am, but thanks for the welcome.

I was a chainsmoker for close to 40 years. I first heard of e-cigs in the smokers rights newsletter over a year ago, but didn't see much about them other than Crown-7's site, so I wasn't ready to trust and try it. When I googled e-cigs again early this spring, oh my it was a very different scenario! This time there were forums, information and tons of choices for buying. So I dove in. Like most of you, I've been doing some serious stockpiling. Haha, moderation has never been in my vocabulary.

I work as a Project Manager and cost estimator in electrical construction. My plan was to retire this summer, but the economy didn't cooperate, so I'll be listening to a 5am alarm and commuting 2-1/2 hours a day for a few more years.

Hobbies? I'm an exDeadhead who loves almost any music that isn't opera, family, gardening, travel, taking care of my website & forum, movie and Chinese food nights (except when I get an urge for Ben & Jerry's).

lashmn

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
SW FL (Naples)
I KNOW I'm going to love it in here. Just wish had more time-speaking of which a little while ago I found a new way to clean atomizers but don't try this at home (or anywhere) :p

I was trying to do about six things at once, as usual, so I could come play with the "girls" before bedtime. In my rush I knocked over a glass of milk which landed squarely on all of my atty's which were lined up to dry after being blown out. Of course, it hit about two dozen other targets (it was a big glass). Will let you know the results when everything dries (oh, yes, I also flooded a PCC!) :rolleyes:

Short bio for now. Have lived and worked in Naples (FL) since 1974. I am an accountant and PE teacher by education but have worked as a Trust and Estate Administrator with an emphasis on tax for 23 years. I, too, had hoped to retire within the year but the economy and some health issues put the cabosh on that. Will probably be working until I drop. More later...

Lynn

AnglVapin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2009
Cajunland - Louisiana
Hello Ladies!

My name is Maria, and I am an e-cig shop-a-holic! lol I am truly working on this obsession, but...... well... they got some kewl new stuff the keep coming out with.

I am the mother of three wonderful kids and am not afraid to call them "lil adult heathens" if the situation so calls for it. :)

I am also the grandmother of three beautiful and wonderful grandchildren, whom I dare anyone to call a "lil heathen!" ;)

I am retired from a very large bank and now spend my days playing the stock market. Day trading has made my old banker's hour job seem like a cake walk.... but I absolutely love the adrenaline rush and hectic days.

I do spend most of my time on the forum just lurking around and reading about all the new stuff out there. When I do post, it generally has some sexual innuendos or flirting... just because I can. LOL

I am working on my internet interpersonal skills.... so bear with me as I try to interact more without calling you "sweetie." LOL I was told it was not cool to call people "sweetie," and it's really just a south Louisiana habit I picked up somewhere in my 47 years of being a Cajun gal.

Here's to the "Ladies!"

A big "thanks" to Mary Kay for keeping this sub forum going, and for handling herself in such a "lady-like" manner at all times, and on all topics. A huge kudos to you Sweetie... errrrr, I mean Mary Kay! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread