smoktechgripper_2.png

smoktechgripper_3.png

smoktechgripper_4.png

smoktechgripper_5.png

smoktechgripper_6.png

smoktechgripper_7.png

SMOKtech Gripper VV 3.0-6.0 18650 Variable 510 OLED
$69.95 $59.95

Good quality 18650 variable mod with an injection molded body featuring a dark charcoal gray rubberized finish. The SMOKtech Gripper VV is very comfortable to hold, simple and straighforward to use and lightweight. If features a gorgeous OLED screen (see picture at left) with a horn style button and a sealed 510 connection. Variable between 3.0-6.0 in .1 increments. It cycles either way, meaning if you are at 6.0 and press the + button it cycles to 3.0. If you are at 3.0 and press the - button it cycles up to 6.0.

•Press the round power button on the front of the Gripper once and it displays the ohmage of an attached cartomizer.
•Features a 5 click on/off safety feature
•Variable between 3.0-6.0 in .1 increments
•Low Resistance Indicator: If the output resistance is below 1.2ohm and you try to press the fire button atop the Gripper you will see a wraning error code "LO-Ω"
•Short Circuit atomizer/cartomizer - if you are experiencing a problem with your device press the fire button atop the Gripper (S4) and the device will alert you with a "LO-V" error code.
•Low Battery Indicator - If your 18650 batetry's voltage is below 3.4 you can press the S4 button atop the Gripper, (aka the fire button) and it will display the error code: "LO-V"
•The Gripper is advertised at being able to fire an atomizer as low as 1.5Ω, your results may vary.

With this listing you receive:
•One Gripper body in dark charcoal gray, rubberized paint finish
•English manual with thorough operation on usage and features written in plain English
•Beautiful presentation box
•Requires 1 IMR 18650 battery (not included), batteries with protection cicuitry including SMOKtech's own 18650 batteries will not fit. Due to variances in battery manufatcuring some 18650 batteries may not work in this unit as there are no springs but simply a bendable clip at battery compartment door.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Depends on the length of the battery and if this REQUIRES a flat-top, I am not sure. I do know I tested these with our Sanyo and Joyetech 18650's available on our site and they are flat-top and they work fine. If Lord Davon or any other user has tested these with a button top please chime in. Chris will be getting his tomorrow and maybe he can also check. You CANNOT, for sure, use batteries with a protection circuit in them they are too long and a bit too wide and simply will not fit.

Can you tell me what batteries will fit? Do you have them available? Do I need a flat top or button top battery?

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Yiddle we have both sanyo and joyetechs that work with these and I am about to put up our smoktech 18650's also
No...these will not work with protected as the protection circuity make them too long to fit in the batetry compartment. Ours are IMR though which is basically a safe chemisty battery so it is a quasi-protection without the chip added to bottom of battery, it does just fine, you are very safe with them especially in a one-battery set up : )

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Yiddle we have both sanyo and joyetechs that work with these and I am about to put up our smoktech 18650's also
No...these will not work with protected as the protection circuity make them too long to fit in the batetry compartment. Ours are IMR though which is basically a safe chemisty battery so it is a quasi-protection without the chip added to bottom of battery, it does just fine, you are very safe with them especially in a one-battery set up : )

I'm confused again ...
From 7/14 ...
Really sorry...the Joyetech 18650 2200's we have in stock have over charge protection and short ciruit protection and they are flat top. I have asked SMOKtech if flat tops will be OK in the gripper and will get back to you on that.

The Sanyo are not protected, but a good high quality battery. I am sure there may be some venting protection on these and I will try to find out more, but as previous poster mentions, the Gripper uses just a single battery, no stacked battery scenarios here.

I have a gripper in the cart but can't pull the trigger until I am sure of the battery.
This right ??????
http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_174&products_id=846

Not bashing, but you could have made this a lot easier and sold these with a battery. Or a link to the proper one.

Last edited:

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
ANy of the battieries we have in stock now will work--we have sanyo and joyetech and smoktech...Batteries section in ATomizers and accessories but I also have the smoktechs now in gripper section and in product description says they are good to go on the grippers...I hear ya on packaging them its just that alot of people already have their own batts...

I'm confused again ...
From 7/14 ...

I have a gripper in the cart but can't pull the trigger until I am sure of the battery.
This right ??????
Sanyo 18650 2600mah Battery 3.7v - Single Battery [gv-sanyo2600-battery] - $12.99 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Not bashing, but you could have made this a lot easier and sold these with a battery. Or a link to the proper one.

Last edited:

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
... I also put the smoktechs up in stock and they work fine with the gripper...they are now in the same category as Gripper and also in our Batteries section in the Atomizers and Accessories area...

That's good to know. I really don't want to go running all over the internet in search of batteries. But.........I thought Chris said that those ARE protected batteries ?

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
ANy of the battieries we have in stock now will work--we have sanyo and joyetech and smoktech...Batteries section in ATomizers and accessories but I also have the smoktechs now in gripper section and in product description says they are good to go on the grippers...I hear ya on packaging them its just that alot of people already have their own batts...

Thanks Dan. Do you work on multiple screens. Geez, it seems you are updating the site and answering posts at the same time. Maybe there are two of you. :) Or maybe your an alien.:ohmy:

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Yes, sometimes I feel besides myself : O

..and also gettign the days orders out so its just a lil madness right now...going to try to get as any products up as I can today...

Thanks Dan. Do you work on multiple screens. Geez, it seems you are updating the site and answering posts at the same time. Maybe there are two of you. :) Or maybe your an alien.:ohmy:

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Yes, sometimes I feel besides myself : O

..and also gettign the days orders out so its just a lil madness right now...going to try to get as any products up as I can today...

Your hard work is not unappreciated. Just think of all the faces out here looking like a little kid at Christmas.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Erin how long are those? It will work or it should if it fits the tube. I asked SMOKtech if there would be an issue with button top and I haven't gotten a reply and I don't have any here...

Aargh, so it WON't work with the AW IMR 1600 mah red button top batteries. Those of course are the kind I have aaargh.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
SMOKtech Protected batteries are too long but the ones we have in that category are the non-protected safe chem SMOKtech batteries and they work fine. Check the battery length of those (its listed on the page - I think maybe 65-66mm) and if your 'other' battery is about that long you should be ok...

Batteries:
I think what Dan is saying is that if you use the red AW IMR 18650s or Smoketech's batteries, they won't fit. They are too long. Use the ones that Got Vapes sells and you will be fine.

Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread