Introducing SMOKtech Gripper VV Variable 3.0-6.0 - NOW Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkbud

Verified Member
Mar 24, 2010
Cedarhurst, New York, United States
im playing around with my gripper and I really like it. I am finding one thing annoying...my cartomizer feels so loose when it is screwed in. The connector in my old lava tubes felt solid (uintil they just snapped off whenI inevitably put it in my pocket with the carto still attached). This connector is loose, not crazy loose, but enough to be noticeable.

I am th inking of a little dab of epoxy under the connector between the plastic. There are a couple mm separation there that could work, but epoxy tends to be viscous and I doubt I could do it without making a mess. Any ideas?

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
im playing around with my gripper and I really like it. I am finding one thing annoying...my cartomizer feels so loose when it is screwed in. The connector in my old lava tubes felt solid (uintil they just snapped off whenI inevitably put it in my pocket with the carto still attached). This connector is loose, not crazy loose, but enough to be noticeable.

I am th inking of a little dab of epoxy under the connector between the plastic. There are a couple mm separation there that could work, but epoxy tends to be viscous and I doubt I could do it without making a mess. Any ideas?
I don't have a gripper and have no clue as to what that looks like inside. But some people use JB Weld to hold things when they do some kinds of modding. Would that work in your case ??? :blink: Just a suggestion :)

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Went thru same problem with Gripper bought from another vendor, theres a fault in the design as the way the 510 connector sits inside the box.
Fixed mine a good while back by gently prting on the sides and getting it to open , seems like its crazy glued shut thats all.
Once inside mix your JB weld and with a toothpick let it drain off into the slots and around the connector and let it fully cure .
Once fixed no more problems, course they could have used a better quality 510 connector as well but we do what needs to be done which really should not have came out from the factory this way.
Its a design flaw.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Here is what i mean look at the 510 connector its simply resting "kinda" snug but thats all .
As a note this was a picture posted on a gripper in another thread on Ecf as there have been others mentioning this also.
The oled screen is nice and that chipset works excellent i like to add.

dieseler-albums-album-2-picture160802-7cb95cb4-841b-a5b6.jpg

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
The button on these are the weak point, besides the battery door. Have now had two buttons get to the point where they wont fire consistantly. I may need to learn how to solder and order a new button.
You can get a brand called Tool Shop Soldering gun with the silver solder in package for under 5.00 @Menards and or probably Walm.
Button no problems as of yet, the batt door if pried to far or dropped will definitely brake are held on by a plastic pin on each end .
One problem i had was the metal ground that small hole on each end held by melted plastic stubs and easily pops out .
Good ole JB weld again which also fixed a crack in my oil pan on jeep some years back and still holding !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread