Introducing to GotVapes & HERE NOW - Joyetech eVic VV/VW - Newest Update! Very Special Price For First Two Weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Button Top? IMR or ICR?

To tell the truth... the info provided by badkola is way to limited to guess at much here...

The capacity indicates that it isn't an IMR battery... the rest depends on the specs that were purchased by joyetech since Panasonic makes them in both flat and button top, protected and unprotected etc. The lowest discharge C rating I found indicates they can probably provide just under 1C ... or 2.9a ..... but the info I found was so limited on the various Panasonic batteries, that I have no way to be certain.

If a person vapes at lower wattage settings, these will probably work just fine for them... at higher wattage settings, I'd probably go with an IMR type of battery and even if it has a lower capacity, it may still outlast these since they are made to handle higher current better. Panasonic makes great batteries... but I still feel the eVic should use a high drain battery overall even if this type can provide current, it isn't made to do it as well.

kwcharlie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Houston
acrigs.com
OK, been playing with the curves and auto and setting the curves at the highest then tapering down, I start at the highest and work down, just at 2s curves so far and it’s working well, even GOOD. Tried it with “Billy’s method” of inhaling directly into the lungs and it was GOOD, would conserve juice but not able to blow smoke rings.
Wish there was a way to share this, will work on a screen shot but the idea is simple, start high and taper off, that’s what is working for me.
ANYONE else playing with this?

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
ANYONE else playing with this?
no
pout.gif

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Joyetech has those as Sanyo but Panny is making them out of Japan - we are getting those same exact batts in right after CNY--will be shipped this coming Monday....

By the way a little later today I will try to put up all the eVic spare parts including ability to purchase the control head, tube, battery end caps and sanyo 2600's, USB to Micro USB charging cable, all Joyetech OEM and boxed, each individual/separately.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Joyetech has those as Sanyo but Panny is making them out of Japan - we are getting those same exact batts in right after CNY--will be shipped this coming Monday....

By the way a little later today I will try to put up all the eVic spare parts including ability to purchase the control head, tube, battery end caps and sanyo 2600's, USB to Micro USB charging cable, all Joyetech OEM and boxed, each individual/separately.

Any plan on carrying the screw on top cone?

tencentcat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
denton tx

Will y'all also be getting some compatible 18350 batts for it?

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok

kwcharlie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Houston
acrigs.com
Here’s how I’m running my eVic
AUTO Setup: a little longer than the MVR’s curves
OK, I was working in auto with MVR curves set up for curves less than 2 sec total and in auto @ 2 sec.

Ending MVR curves for AUTO Operation:
To end each curve I taper down the last second then the very last 0.1 second I go up to where I want the volts/watts to hold at IF I hold the Fire Button in longer than the 2 seconds I have Auto set at:

Tried two MVR curve setups this time both with taper down and end at where I want to hold at:
1. TAPER UP Start: In MVR VW start with the first .5 sec @ a middle watts value to start heating the coil. Then go to maximum watt for another .5 sec and taper down to the lowest.
VW 1.7sec.jpg

2. FULL UP Start: In MVR VV start right off at the highest voltage for that first .5 sec then taper off at different rates depending on the ohms
VV -1.jpg

So far can’t see a big difference and haven’t put a scope on it to see what it’s “really” doing, just going by the readout as it fires. Just been working on how to setup this new PLC’s PID’s for analog output.

Attachments

• MVR VW for 2 sec.jpg
    MVR VW for 2 sec.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 19
  • MVR VV low ohms graph.jpg
    MVR VV low ohms graph.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 20
  • MVR VV low ohms graph.jpg
    MVR VV low ohms graph.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Status