Introducing to GotVapes & HERE NOW - Joyetech eVic VV/VW - Newest Update! Very Special Price For First Two Weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
How is it performing thus far? Any issues?

Besides the issues I already touched on below, it's working well. The software reinstall may be just my PC. Anyone else having to reinstall MVR for every usage (connection to the EVIC)?
The MAC beta is up now too. It'll be interesting to see if the MAC's act the same way with this issue.

Thanks Zip. There is an option to set vape to manual or auto. I set it to 7 sec assuming that would ba the auto cutoff. It is not. If I just touch the button it automatically fires for seven seconds. Back to manual with that setting.
Another huge bug. At least for me. It will not see the device a second time. I have to reinstall MVR 1.2 every time.
Other than these two big screwups...I like.

Yes it is a beta but I had the same issue of having to keep reinstalling with the previous version. No biggie, only takes about 30 seconds to reinstall MVR.
On another note I LOVE the programmable firing feature they added. MVR VW instead of plain ol vanilla VW. I set mine at a higher wattage to start and then taper it down in steps. Very, very cool.

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
Yes it is a beta but I had the same issue of having to keep reinstalling with the previous version. No biggie, only takes about 30 seconds to reinstall MVR.
On another note I LOVE the programmable firing feature they added. MVR VW instead of plain ol vanilla VW. I set mine at a higher wattage to start and then taper it down in steps. Very, very cool.

...and it's a feature that works GREAT for higher Ohm devices like the stallion.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Besides the issues I already touched on below, it's working well. The software reinstall may be just my PC. Anyone else having to reinstall MVR for every usage (connection to the EVIC)?
The MAC beta is up now too. It'll be interesting to see if the MAC's act the same way with this issue.

Which version of Windows are you running?

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Does it allow the user to adjust the RMS pulse rate?

Not actually the true pulse rate but you can set any wattage or voltage for any particular time periods you desire.
For example you can set it to 9W for 1 sec then 8W for 1 sec and back and forth with virtually any power and timeframe you desire in increments as small as 1/10 for power and duration. I don't have the softeare up now but I think you could set it for like 10 changes. Pretty cool to play around with. You can heat the coil quickly and then step it back. Lotsa possibilities to suit your tastes.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Win 7 Pro fully updated

I'm going to go in a general direction... In otherwords, I'll cover some basic Windows repairs, simply because you don't know if they are the cause or not... I'll then go into a couple of possible program and security related issues that may be part of the cause of your problems... You can try these suggestions a section at a time and then test if you wish, or you can just perform them all and then test... it's your option.

This first part... checks the system's hard drive for errors and will fix many issues that are related to that direction. Open "Computer", found on the right side of the Start Menu, highlight the "Local Disk C:", right click to bring up the menu and select "Properties" from the bottom. Select the "Tools" tab and in the "Error Checking" section click the "Check" button... place a checkmark in the two options and click the Start button... Windows will pop up a message about it not being able to check the drive while it is in use and ask if you want to schedule the check for the next time you start your computer... Click the YES button.... and restart the computer. Upon restart, the system SHOULD start checking the drive for errors with 5 different tests... if it doesn't just repeat the above steps and restart again.

Next step... This checks the main Windows system files and repairs/replaces them if they are altered. Click the Start Menu and in the Search type in "CMD" ( no quotes )... it should list cmd.exe to the side, right click on it and select "Run as Administrator" and a Command Prompt ( looks like a DOS window ) will open... On the Command Prompt line type "sfc.exe /scannow" ( no quotes, note the space and the two "N" in the command )... Windows should start checking the system files. When finished, restart the computer.

The following covers program related issues and security issues that may block your program from working properly. First... download the latest version of the program into a location you will remember... Open the Windows Control Panel and select the User Accounts applet... click on "Change User Account Control settings" disable it by sliding it all of the way down... restart the computer. Disable your protection software ( Norton and McAfee and some others are notorious for blocking programs and not telling the user )... Go into the Control Panel and select the Programs and Features applet and uninstall the version of the Evic software you currently have installed. Restart your computer just in case some of the uninstall process requires it to complete. Make certain your protection software is still disabled and if not, disable it again... Re-install the latest version that you downloaded earlier... restart the computer again just to play it safe... Upon restarting, check the protection software again, disable if enabled... plug in your Evic to let Windows detect it

Test the Evic software to see that it is working... remember to unplug and replug it back in to see that it still works.. repeat the process again after a system restart just to verify. When done with the testing... re-enable your protection software and reset the User Account Control ( UAC ) back to the setting you had originally... Retest one more set of times.

If the problem persists... see if you can isolate it to either your protection software or the UAC since these are common causes of issues similar to what you are describing.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
I'm going to go in a general direction... In otherwords, I'll cover some basic Windows repairs, simply because you don't know if they are the cause or not... I'll then go into a couple of possible program and security related issues that may be part of the cause of your problems... You can try these suggestions a section at a time and then test if you wish, or you can just perform them all and then test... it's your option.

Thanks Rdsok. Before I jump through all the futile windows issues I'll wait to hear how it goes for others. I know many others had identical issues with the previous version also.
Just for giggles later I'll try it on one of the other 5 PC's in the house.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
The first two steps are never futile... they are part of the standard maintenance that should be preformed from time to time whether or not, right along with cleaning out temp files and defraging the system.

Believe me. I do more than the required amount of maintenance on all our PC's. Anyway it's working now. It was a UAC issue. Changed the shortcup to "Run as Administrator" privlege and that took care of it. Thanks.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I disable the UAC, right after a clean install, right outa da gate...PITA...

I also despise Win 8 from what I have seen. If I cant have a traditional desk top, I don't want anything to do with it. That tile crap don't turn me on.
I dread the day when I am forced to upgrade..

UAC may be a pain... but it can keep an infection from spreading also. Unless someone is an expert at cleaning malware or can afford to pay someone when one slips past your protection software... I don't recommend disabling it completely... just back off of the settings a bit so it isn't quite as aggressive.

Win8 is pretty much misunderstood... people can't see past the new Start Screen ( ie the tiled portion )... I guess you could say it blinds them to the other possibilities even if MS didn't include them... Basically, install a 3rd party add-on shell and it boots right past the Start Screen to the desktop and provides a Start Menu just like previous versions of Windows. Win8 boots and shuts down faster... as well as operates quicker overall because MS finally cleaned a lot of the repetitive code that had been gathered over the years was bloating it up. It also expands on the recovery options that Win7 has in the event that something bad does happen. I upgraded ( fresh install though ) my home computer when they first released it... and within a week I did the same for the work computers. I haven't had a single regret yet.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Gotta link for the 3rd party shell you like?

I like one called Classic Shell... you can get it here Welcome to Classic Shell ... What I like most, it doesn't replace Explorer so it doesn't have compatibility issues that earlier shells tend to have, it just adds to it to give you the start menu ( which is configurable to look like what you may prefer ) ...

Right after posting I went to bed... then I started thinking about it a bit more... I probably wouldn't recommend upgrading to Win8 if a person already has Win7 unless there is a need for it like wanting to use a touch screen. The differences between 7 and 8 just aren't great enough to warrant it. If on the otherhand, you have WinXP and a computer with decent hardware... that is another story and it does provide enough improvements that there is something to gain, expecially going from the 32b version of XP and performing a clean install of Win8 64b... Vista users will see major performance gains since that release was so bloated.

All of the above recommendations... are made from just an OS perspective and don't take other software you may own into account. You must always check that your software is compatible with the OS you are considering. Ex. MS Office 2003 works on all OS up to Win7... but for Win8 you need at least MS Office 2007 in order to remain compatible. As always, backup your data, picture and other files before updating... I always recommend a clean install anytime you upgrade because an upgrade installation will tend to bring out problems you weren't aware were there to start with...

KraKsX

Moved On
Dec 17, 2012
Lower NY
kraksx.com
I disable the UAC, right after a clean install, right outa da gate...PITA...

I also despise Win 8 from what I have seen. If I cant have a traditional desk top, I don't want anything to do with it. That tile crap don't turn me on.
I dread the day when I am forced to upgrade..

You dont need that tile crap, just dont use metro, your comp just not setup right for you as is, so change

Me ill stay with Mac OSX :D

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
Both of my main 2 towers run Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit, both have 4 hard drives each, with 3 being in hot swap drive bays. About once every 2 months, I will do a thorough scan and sweep of the reg, virus, defrag....all the customary stuff. Once I am satisfied that my OS is clean and operating optimally, I simply clone the drive, then disengage. This is my backup. All software files, pics, music, movies ect, are stored on 5 qty 1.5TB Mybooks.

The 3rd dive houses Win XP Pro Corp edition. This is for the few programs that I have that will not run on Win 7

The 4th drive is used strictly as a scratch disc for Adobe Master Collection. In a nutshell, I can boot to any one of three OS I wish. Win Vista was skipped over completly,as it was IMO, Microsofts blunder of the century (toss up between Win ME)

IMO, the best Microsoft had was:
95 (Rev B only)
Win 98 (SE)
Win XP Pro
and now, Win 7 (SP 2 & 3), which I like allot

Last edited:

nathkiira

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
TN, USA
Both of my main 2 towers run Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit, both have 4 hard drives each, with 3 being in hot swap drive bays. About once every 2 months, I will do a thorough scan and sweep of the reg, virus, defrag....all the customary stuff. Once I am satisfied that my OS is clean and operating optimally, I simply clone the drive, then disengage. This is my backup. All software files, pics, music, movies ect, are stored on 5 qty 1.5TB Mybooks.

The 3rd dive houses Win XP Pro Corp edition. This is for the few programs that I have that will not run on Win 7

The 4th drive is used strictly as a scratch disc for Adobe Master Collection. In a nutshell, I can boot to any one of three OS I wish. Win Vista was skipped over completly,as it was IMO, Microsofts blunder of the century (toss up between Win ME)

IMO, the best Microsoft had was:
95 (Rev B only)
Win 98 (SE)
Win XP Pro
and now, Win 7 (SP 2 & 3), which I like allot

don't forget DOS and win 3.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread