Introduction: My name is Abesh and here is my quit story...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
It was about a year ago when I visited my doctor and after a thorough examination he suggested I quit smoking. He also suggested that I should switch over to e-cigs if I cannot quit cold turkey. So, sort of determined to make a purchase, I headed over to my local b&m but walked out confused and frustrated as they were more interested in selling their wares than educating. I had a lot of questions and they didn't have the time.

Fast forward to a month ago. I was travelling because of my job, little stressed and alone in a new city and was out of cigs. Decided to venture out of my own and the first shop that I thought would sell me some sticks was a vape shop called "White Plains Vapor". I walked in and asked for a pack.

Then this guy Benny, working the counter, looks up at me and says "We don't sell cigs here man, we help people quit them..." And with that I knew I was in for a totally different experience. He sat me down and explained the nuances of vaping, different devices, numerous juices and if I decided to take the plunge suggested I should go with an iJust2 for the next 2 hours.

After a while I felt a little embarrassed as I was unsure whether I would take the plunge because I wasn't too sure if I could bother myself with changing coils, charging batteries and stocking e-liquids. I told him that I was not sure that I would buy and he told me not to worry and he considered it was his duty to help me and he was spending his time with me with the assumption that I would not buy anything and also I should not feel compelled to as well.

I walked out 10 minutes before the store closing, thanked Benny for everything and politely asked him to point me to a store where I would get cigs. He directed me to one nearby. I walked towards the cig store feeling guilty and my head swimming in information. The cigarette store was closed.

I guess that was the sign I needed. I ran back to the vape shop and walked out with the iJust2, couple coils and some e-liquid just as they were closing and Benny gave me a discount too..

He looked at me, smiling, and said "You won't regret this" and I haven't. It's been two month I haven't smoked and I feel a lot better already :)

-------------------

I posted that on Reddit about a month back and I am a regular albeit n00b on their ecig forum. It's been a fantastic journey, I've quit the stinkies, learnt how to built coils, started with a dripper (RDA) and am just getting into temperature control. I am looking forward to being a contributing member of this community. Please bear with me as I try to learn the rules and conventions here, I'll most probably make mistakes to begin with and learn along the way !

Thank you guys for giving me a chance !
First of all, welcome. Secondly, any questions, just ask.

Reactions: abesh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread