• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Introductions

Status
Not open for further replies.

shechefj

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2011
Pendleton, SC
www.whimwhamvapes.com
I am leaving my contact info for anyone wanting to get a meet together, would love to be a part of it! I know of a great location here in Pendleton to have one at with good food and drinks! Not in the middle though :oops:

Shiela Wood
7607 Hwy 76
Pendleton, SC 29670
Cell# 864-933-8537
shop# 864-646-2200--Whim Wham Vapes
Home# 864-646-8537

scinsc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
USA

413Dream

Verified Member
Jan 23, 2012
SC, United States
Hi. I just realized I've not done an introduction. My name is Crystal and I live in the Greenville area. I started smoking when I was 16 I guess because it made me feel independent and grown up. I did it in secrecy best I could, but mom caught me a few times. Really wasn't looking to get in trouble, I just liked feeling in control of my own life.

Now, 20 years later. Smoking was in control of my life. WTF how did that happen? How did 20 years go by when I kept telling myself I would doing it just for a while and would quit eventually. 20 years. It kills me to say it outloud, like I've been in total denial for so long. I did manage to quit smoking when pregnant with my boys, ages 7 and 12. In fact, when I found out I was pregnant with my 7 year old, I quit for 15 months.....was never going to smoke again. I was a NON SMOKER! Then the baby started getting older and hubby let me out of the house to go out with my girl friends and I'd bum theirs, then I'd feel bad for smoking all theirs, so I'd buy a pack and then give them the rest since I didn't smoke anymore, and then I just quit giving the packs to them and keeping them to myself and VOILA! Smoking again. That was 7 years ago.

For the past 5 years I've had bronchitis pretty much every other month, asthma inhalers by my bed, in my desk drawer at work, in my purse. Two days before Christmas 2011 a case of bronchitis all of a sudden got serious. What I was coughing up was foul tasting and my lungs were in pain. Yep, I had myself a case of pneumonia. OMG it hurt. I thought I was going to die. I know if it were the 1800's I would have died at the age of 35 from Pnuemonia that's how sick I was. Took me a month to get over it and all kinds of weird things were happening to my body. To this day, 7 months later.....I still can't regulate my body temperature and break out in a sweat over any kind of activity such as making the bed, cooking dinner. I'll be DRENCHED in sweat. And then I get chills because I'm cold from the sweat on my body chilling me off. It's really awful. I am afraid it won't go away.

My new years resolution was to quit smoking. I had made up my mind, went and got the patch and was going to quit since it made me SO sick all the time. I couldn't do it. My husband still smokes, so it was easy to give in and bum one. I knew the patch wasn't working....yet again. I had tried it several times before. Waste of money. I came across the Katherine Heigel interview about ecigarettes online and I was intrigued. Looking online, it's very confusing at first to get started! Which one to buy? Will it help me quit or am I wasting money? I called every tobacco and pipe shop in Greenville and finally found that Boda Pipes in McAllister Square sells the CIG20 starter kits for $70. If you don't know what that is, it's an overpriced brand of KR808-D's with expensive pre-filled cartridges. I thought about it and thought about it.

On January 6th, my pnuemonia was still full force and i was in pain and so my doc sent me to get xrays. Turns out, the pnuemonia had cleared up, but I had significant signs of COPD inflammation and the beginning stages of emphysema. Um, I'm only 35 how in the hell is this happening to me? I left the xray office and went to Boda Pipes and bought the kit.

I have had two analogs since. They both tasted like .... I used the CIG20's for a while, about 4 months, but got sick of having to charge them every two hours and two of the batteries wasn't enough and the cartridges were getting to be expensive. Of course I'd already found this forum and found that an EGO 1100 mah is probably my best bet, so eventually I upgraded to a KGO 1100mah and now I mostly drip right on the atty. I do use cartomizers, but I like a variety of juices so atty's seem to work best for me usually.

Anyhow, that's my story. Glad to be here and smoke free. My 6 month anniversary was July 6th (I don't count the two analogs bc I didn't even finish them).

Six months smoke free and I have yet to have another bought of bronchitis yet. I'M TOO YOUNG FOR EMPHYSEMA!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Crystal

shechefj

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2011
Pendleton, SC
www.whimwhamvapes.com
Hi. I just realized I've not done an introduction. My name is Crystal and I live in the Greenville area. I started smoking when I was 16 I guess because it made me feel independent and grown up. I did it in secrecy best I could, but mom caught me a few times. Really wasn't looking to get in trouble, I just liked feeling in control of my own life.

Now, 20 years later. Smoking was in control of my life. WTF how did that happen? How did 20 years go by when I kept telling myself I would doing it just for a while and would quit eventually. 20 years. It kills me to say it outloud, like I've been in total denial for so long. I did manage to quit smoking when pregnant with my boys, ages 7 and 12. In fact, when I found out I was pregnant with my 7 year old, I quit for 15 months.....was never going to smoke again. I was a NON SMOKER! Then the baby started getting older and hubby let me out of the house to go out with my girl friends and I'd bum theirs, then I'd feel bad for smoking all theirs, so I'd buy a pack and then give them the rest since I didn't smoke anymore, and then I just quit giving the packs to them and keeping them to myself and VOILA! Smoking again. That was 7 years ago.

For the past 5 years I've had bronchitis pretty much every other month, asthma inhalers by my bed, in my desk drawer at work, in my purse. Two days before Christmas 2011 a case of bronchitis all of a sudden got serious. What I was coughing up was foul tasting and my lungs were in pain. Yep, I had myself a case of pneumonia. OMG it hurt. I thought I was going to die. I know if it were the 1800's I would have died at the age of 35 from Pnuemonia that's how sick I was. Took me a month to get over it and all kinds of weird things were happening to my body. To this day, 7 months later.....I still can't regulate my body temperature and break out in a sweat over any kind of activity such as making the bed, cooking dinner. I'll be DRENCHED in sweat. And then I get chills because I'm cold from the sweat on my body chilling me off. It's really awful. I am afraid it won't go away.

My new years resolution was to quit smoking. I had made up my mind, went and got the patch and was going to quit since it made me SO sick all the time. I couldn't do it. My husband still smokes, so it was easy to give in and bum one. I knew the patch wasn't working....yet again. I had tried it several times before. Waste of money. I came across the Katherine Heigel interview about ecigarettes online and I was intrigued. Looking online, it's very confusing at first to get started! Which one to buy? Will it help me quit or am I wasting money? I called every tobacco and pipe shop in Greenville and finally found that Boda Pipes in McAllister Square sells the CIG20 starter kits for $70. If you don't know what that is, it's an overpriced brand of KR808-D's with expensive pre-filled cartridges. I thought about it and thought about it.

On January 6th, my pnuemonia was still full force and i was in pain and so my doc sent me to get xrays. Turns out, the pnuemonia had cleared up, but I had significant signs of COPD inflammation and the beginning stages of emphysema. Um, I'm only 35 how in the hell is this happening to me? I left the xray office and went to Boda Pipes and bought the kit.

I have had two analogs since. They both tasted like .... I used the CIG20's for a while, about 4 months, but got sick of having to charge them every two hours and two of the batteries wasn't enough and the cartridges were getting to be expensive. Of course I'd already found this forum and found that an EGO 1100 mah is probably my best bet, so eventually I upgraded to a KGO 1100mah and now I mostly drip right on the atty. I do use cartomizers, but I like a variety of juices so atty's seem to work best for me usually.

Anyhow, that's my story. Glad to be here and smoke free. My 6 month anniversary was July 6th (I don't count the two analogs bc I didn't even finish them).

Six months smoke free and I have yet to have another bought of bronchitis yet. I'M TOO YOUNG FOR EMPHYSEMA!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Crystal

Welcome to the forum Crystal......we are practically neighbors! I do believe you have found the right alternative to kick tobacco for good...........I tried all the nicotine products, but failed every time. After switching to e cigs (I started with an over-priced 808D kit too), I know that I will never go back to smoking. Yes, I say never!! August 2nd will be 1 year for me, after a 35 year habit! Hope to see you at the Vape Meet in Lexington on Sept 15th!!!

FlavorCloudJunkie

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2013
SC
Hi. Im Lisa.. I just wanted to make a quick intro. I quit smoking cold turkey and then had several deaths in my family and I wanted to pick up the analog again but I found out about vaping and so I was hooked. I will never smoke another cig again. They are disgusting. Im so glad I found vaping. Now all I want is to find a group or meet so I can socialize with fellow vapers... Live... I love ECF but f2f is better. I stay in the greenville spartanburg area... Greer acctually... So please let me know if there is anything going on in my area. Thanks.

Keeferes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Belton; Upstate SC
www.facebook.com
Good morning ya'll. I am a pretty new vapor of about 5 weeks. My name is Keith, and I just moved to the upstate the last week of September.

A little bit about me...
I have a great girlfriend that I have known since grade school. Only been together for 2 years, but that's a whole other story. I have 3 boys aged 15, 16, and 20. I have two girls aged 17. One of my girls will be leaving for the Navy in May. They all live in Ohio, where I moved from. I am a tattoo artist, although not currently working in any studios. I had my own tattoo studio back home, and have been in the industry on and off about 10 years. I am wrapping up a bachelor degree from Kent State University in computer science with a concentration in internet and multimedia applications. I already hold and associate degree for digital media design with concentrations in web design and print graphics. I enjoy playing PS3 as much as possible, but school keeps me pretty busy, so don't get to play as much as I'd like to. I eat sleep and breathe motorcycles, so most days there is sun I can be found tooling around on my bike.

Vape experience...

Like I said, pretty new. I started off with an Evod setup from a guy at the Jockey Lot. Not the best choice, but hey it got me on my way. I am waiting on snail mail bringing me my new Vamo V5, rebuild supplies, and some other goodies. I do most of my shopping and communicating online, because I don't know anyone local that vapes. I would love to find a shop fairly close, and know that's subjective, to me. I live in Belton, and other than Jockey Lot, only place I know is Volcano over in Anderson mall. They don't really offer anything I am interested in over there. Might try a couple of juices from them, but doubtful.

Feel free to message me with any local info on vendors, meets, etc. I am really diggin this community, and therefore I am diving in head first with an open mind. I'd love to meet some folks in the area of like minds.

Djplato

ECF Veteran
Hey everyone. I'm Jon. From central, sc. Decided to post on here. Been about a month since I started vaping. Been 2 weeks since i smoked and i love it. Poor wife has to listen to me rant so figured id take it somewhere where people actually know what I'm talking about lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
Hello fellow SC vapers! I'm in the midlands area (Chapin) and have been chain vaping for a few years now. Work for state government in the IT field. All disposable money seem to go towards electronics, guns, or vape gear and between those three it can go fast! :D

As for the latter, I'm currently getting into RDAs and RTAs a little bit more but have been rebuilding coils for nearly a year now on AGA-T2s and a lonely igo-L, and have new RDA toys on the way.

It's nice to see the SC peeps on ECF, but surprised there's not more since I hear eCig Charleston and Vaping Zone are so busy these days.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Hey everyone. Im Dusty. I live in Campobello with my wife and two kids. Ive been off the analogs for six months now. Bought my first set up at Carolina Vapor Mill back in early February after the rise guys did there grand openin promo. I have since graduated up to a nemesis mech mod with a kayfun lite. Lovin my current set up. Lets see. Lik about me. Im 29. My kids are almost 6 and 3(both born in September). I work for Michelin right here in spartanburg and am extremely happy to see the explosion of small businesses dedicated to us vapers.

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
Hey everyone. Im Dusty. I live in Campobello with my wife and two kids. Ive been off the analogs for six months now. Bought my first set up at Carolina Vapor Mill back in early February after the rise guys did there grand openin promo. I have since graduated up to a nemesis mech mod with a kayfun lite. Lovin my current set up. Lets see. Lik about me. Im 29. My kids are almost 6 and 3(both born in September). I work for Michelin right here in spartanburg and am extremely happy to see the explosion of small businesses dedicated to us vapers.
Hey! Another SC vaper on VU!
[emoji2]

Hello all,

My name is Chris, and I guess I'm the exception to this group. I live in the small town of Pauline, or Glenn Springs. It's actually on the outskirts of Spartanburg. I'm 22, single, and live along in an apartment...sometimes I wish I stayed with my parents...nothing to do here besides watch anime and play video games. I tried vaping the first time in Feb 09...but I ran out of fluids and my atomizers messed up and as we all know analogs are simple, no maintenance required.

But, I resently bought another kit, and have been using it for the past 2 day's. I'm still smoking but only about 3 cigs a day...It's hard to stop smoking on cinnamon apple juice...I'm waiting for my other juice to get here...hopefully today or Friday...I hope. I am a huge football fan(Miami Dolphins) been watching since I was 4. I love anime(mostly Bleach, Naruto, some harem anime's here, action anime's here...and old school like Tenchi Muyo), Video games(Halo, Mass effect, AC1 and 2...the list goes on and on...err...I have an xbox 360.), and working on my baby(2003 Ford Focus SVT).

I work at computer consulting firm called Beowulf Tech. That's all I can think to say about my self at the current moment...I look forward to talk to you all : )[/QUOT

I know a guy who works there, but we don't talk anymore bc his wife don't like me. Hes a pretty cool guy named Levi. :) Nice to see local vapers!!! I'm April nice to meetcha!

Hello all,

My name is Chris, and I guess I'm the exception to this group. I live in the small town of Pauline, or Glenn Springs. It's actually on the outskirts of Spartanburg. I'm 22, single, and live along in an apartment...sometimes I wish I stayed with my parents...nothing to do here besides watch anime and play video games. I tried vaping the first time in Feb 09...but I ran out of fluids and my atomizers messed up and as we all know analogs are simple, no maintenance required.

But, I resently bought another kit, and have been using it for the past 2 day's. I'm still smoking but only about 3 cigs a day...It's hard to stop smoking on cinnamon apple juice...I'm waiting for my other juice to get here...hopefully today or Friday...I hope. I am a huge football fan(Miami Dolphins) been watching since I was 4. I love anime(mostly Bleach, Naruto, some harem anime's here, action anime's here...and old school like Tenchi Muyo), Video games(Halo, Mass effect, AC1 and 2...the list goes on and on...err...I have an xbox 360.), and working on my baby(2003 Ford Focus SVT).

I work at computer consulting firm called Beowulf Tech. That's all I can think to say about my self at the current moment...I look forward to talk to you all : )[/QUOT

I know a guy who works there, but we don't talk anymore bc his wife don't like me. Hes a pretty cool guy named Levi. :) Nice to see local vapers!!! I'm April nice to meetcha!

Ugh I guess I messed up the html. Sorry haha

Well I pretty much already posted but here's my introduction anyway, lol

I'm April. Never been a smoker except when I drink and in social situations where someone was smoking my FAVORITE Camel Crush Menthol :) But I was never addicted. I didn't need it, just loved the cool fresh feeling, and hated the smoke smell and taste that came with it. I don't have a personal device yet, I use my boyfriends device and his has nicotine so I try not to vape it too much. Gonna be getting my own device soon!

Anyway, I was born n raised in Gaffney, moved to Spartanburg, lived there about ten years and now I'm back in Gaffney with frequent trips to Spartanburg and Boiling Springs, to see family and such.

I have two children, a four yr old boy named Collin who for the moment lives with his dad and my mom watches him while the he works because I live 30 mins away, and a 4 month old little girl named Alyssa (I call her by her middle name Kerrigan) by my current boyfriend who I live with here in Gaffney. I'm not easy I swear! These two guys are the only real relationships I've ever had. Besides a couple others that only lasted a few months, so it just so happens that I have two baby daddies ( I Hate that term, but it's the only one that fits haha) even tho I'm not a hoe. :) LOL

Anyway, haha.

I also have a Siberian Husky that lives with my ex for now too. She is great company for Collin who is wide open most the time so her husky energy is perfect for him. So hopefully when my bf gets a better job well get our own place (we live with his mom, and she never wants us to leave, lol and can you believe we all get along!) and Collin and Tessa my husky can come live with me but until then I just have to keep driving up there weekly to see them!

Maybe all this is TMI but I'll probably never meet you guys and I'm an open book anyway, lol. So now you know some things about me! :)

LilZ

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2015
S,C,
Well I pretty much already posted but here's my introduction anyway, lol

I'm April. Never been a smoker except when I drink and in social situations where someone was smoking my FAVORITE Camel Crush Menthol :) But I was never addicted. I didn't need it, just loved the cool fresh feeling, and hated the smoke smell and taste that came with it. I don't have a personal device yet, I use my boyfriends device and his has nicotine so I try not to vape it too much. Gonna be getting my own device soon!

Anyway, I was born n raised in Gaffney, moved to Spartanburg, lived there about ten years and now I'm back in Gaffney with frequent trips to Spartanburg and Boiling Springs, to see family and such.

I have two children, a four yr old boy named Collin who for the moment lives with his dad and my mom watches him while the he works because I live 30 mins away, and a 4 month old little girl named Alyssa (I call her by her middle name Kerrigan) by my current boyfriend who I live with here in Gaffney. I'm not easy I swear! These two guys are the only real relationships I've ever had. Besides a couple others that only lasted a few months, so it just so happens that I have two baby daddies ( I Hate that term, but it's the only one that fits haha) even tho I'm not a hoe. :) LOL

Anyway, haha.

I also have a Siberian Husky that lives with my ex for now too. She is great company for Collin who is wide open most the time so her husky energy is perfect for him. So hopefully when my bf gets a better job well get our own place (we live with his mom, and she never wants us to leave, lol and can you believe we all get along!) and Collin and Tessa my husky can come live with me but until then I just have to keep driving up there weekly to see them!

Maybe all this is TMI but I'll probably never meet you guys and I'm an open book anyway, lol. So now you know some things about me! :)

I think this forum is pretty much dead. I've been on a few weeks and just discovered it by accident. Anybody ever respond from here?

I'm just the opposite 2 ex-wives no kids. I hate people who have to label things when they dont know the situation. Sounds to me your doing your part by being in each of there lives. Thats all that matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread