• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Introductions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! This is my first day here on these forums and I'm glad I found a SC section. I've been doing tons of research on which e-cig to start out with. You see tommorow my first child is going to born(c-section so we know it's tommorow) and I really don't want to have the dangers of second hand smoke around her.

I've tried just about EVERYTHING in the the past to quit, cold turkey, patch, gum, you name it. I will admit, I love the act of smoking. I don't know if there will be a time in my life that I don't. E-cigarettes seem like it might be the option I'm looking for to keep second hand smoke away from my daughter.

If any of you could help me in getting started, I would greatly appreciate it. Should I even bother looking locally? I see Doctor Vapor is from Charleston, that's just a hop skip and a jump from here.

I suppose I could finish with a little more introduction of myself. I grew up in Monks Corner, right on the Cooper River. I graduated from Berkeley High in '99 and after a little college I discovered I wasn't quite ready for that. I joined the Air Force and got out later when my time was up, as that wasn't for me either. I think I've finally settled down now, I'm about to start a family and I have a good job.

One of my passions for a long time has been computers and video games, as I'm growing older (i still play as much as possible) I'm finding I enjoy aquariums(freshwater only for now!) and subsequently a bit of woodworking. I'm very proud of the tank stand cabinet I made. It was probably easier to get into this because my grandfather was a carpenter and I have access to his old workshop that I've been slowly fixing up.

Well, that's about it for me. Hopefully I can solve all this decision making by myself or with some help from my fellow South Carolinians and I'll be back later for more tips and tricks and won't be a tobacco smoker anymore.

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
Hello! This is my first day here on these forums and I'm glad I found a SC section. I've been doing tons of research on which e-cig to start out with.

Welcome to a much healthier lifestyle. I haven't touched a real ciggarette (analog) since I started vaping.

If any of you could help me in getting started, I would greatly appreciate it. Should I even bother looking locally?

I would highly suggest the Joye 510 to start off with. The best supplier with the best price and the best shipping is Cignot: Joye 510 NO BOX
However, I would suggest that you order additional batteries and additional atomizers; you'll find this under "Accessories" on the Cignot website.

You will also need Juice. I really like the juices at Naler: Welcome to NHaler! but of course you're tastes may be different.

Hello fellow sandlappers! I've been a smoker for 25 years and an ecigger for 4 days. Haven't had an analog since.

Started with the KR808D and ordered a silver bullet today. Don't care about the size, I need battery life and to stop with the analogs.

I live in the Holy City, aka Charleston, where I was born, raised, moved away, realized that was a mistake, and back to the lowcountry.

Just wanted to say hello to you all and if you know of anywhere in the Charleston to get supplies locally. Tried to get a syringe to refil the cartos, but didn't realize you can't just by syringes.

Anyway, hello. I hope to see you all around sometime and if you happen to see some longhaired, middle age, hippy smoking an ecig in Chucktown, say hello. I haven't seen anyone else with one yet, but I hope it catches on here, because an ecig is a lot better than a analog IMO.

If any of you want to meet up sometime, let me know. There are a few bars where you can vape without having somone accusing you of smoking :D

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
Hello fellow sandlappers! I've been a smoker for 25 years and an ecigger for 4 days. Haven't had an analog since.

Fantastic. Its been going on 5 months for me and i never looked back

Started with the KR808D and ordered a silver bullet today. Don't care about the size, I need battery life and to stop with the analogs.

The Silver Bullet is perhaps the best big battery mod out there. You made a great choice. You can also get 510 to 808 adaptor and you can use your cartomizers on the Silver bullet. I do it all the time.

I live in the Holy City, aka Charleston, where I was born, raised, moved away, realized that was a mistake, and back to the lowcountry.

I'm in Charleston too. There are a few of us here.

Just wanted to say hello to you all and if you know of anywhere in the Charleston to get supplies locally. Tried to get a syringe to refil the cartos, but didn't realize you can't just by syringes.

The closest supplier is in Mytrle Beach. www.IVape.net His website will be ready sometime on around Febuary 28th or March 1st. He has the best juices in the business and shipping is only one day away.

You don't need a syringe to fill Cartomizers either. Watch this video.
YouTube - DoctorVapor's Channel

If any of you want to meet up sometime, let me know. There are a few bars where you can vape without having somone accusing you of smoking

Actually, I'd be interested in knowing which ones are cool with it. I'm trying to put together a SC vapers meet and I'd be interested in finding "Vape Friendly" bars in Charleston.

Hey all. I introduced myself in the "Welcome" forum, but I didn't notice that there was an Introduction forum. :p Anyway, the name's Kitt, I'm 24 and new to e-cigs and the forum - getting my first kit soon, hopefully /fingers crossed. I'm super-excited for a new experience and weening myself off of nic eventually while still having a fun habit to keep up. :D Anyway, I dun have much to add here, but I'm an open book, so if you wanna know anything, just ask. :)

-Kitt

Welcome, Kitt.You'll do well with your choices so far.Watch all of Docs videos and you'll jump ahead on the learning curve.It's a looonnnggggg curve. I've been on it for 5 months and don't see any end in sight, yet...Jim

Thanks for the welcome, Jim. :) I just got my first kit this morning and have been smoking for the past hour since opening it. I have nothing but great things to say about it, and will post a first-impression review later on after I've woken up, had my coffee and have had a few more tokes. :D

JoeyKay

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2010
SC
Hi! JoeyKay from Spartanburg, here. I've been vaping for the past nine days, and quit smoking after my first vape (smoked 1 1/2 packs to 2 packs a day for the past 16 years, and dropped them instantly. . .I guess you could say I "dropped them like a bad habit." *groan*). I had been researching them for five or six months before I started (Joye 510 from Cignot), and was a big fan of Doctor Vapor's videos. I didn't realize until today that he was also a South Carolinian! As soon as I found that out, I joined this group.

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
was a big fan of Doctor Vapor's videos. I didn't realize until today that he was also a South Carolinian! As soon as I found that out, I joined this group.

Wow !! Thank you. That's quite a complement. You started off with a good kit. I think you'll like it as it is a great introduction to vaping and is priced very well. I can't tell you the money I wasted when I started vaping. I spent a few hundred dollars before I found the Joye 510.

The next move is a battery mod to improve battery life, but you'll know when you're ready for one of those. You'll start to get really ticked off at your 510 batteries.:shock:

Just an update. Things are going great. I went with a 510 kit from VS Vapor. It came with 3 batteries (Manual LED/No LED and an auto), 2 atomizers, 5 carts and a bottle of liquid.

Since then I've bought one extra battery from Mad Vapes and have started looking into modding. Haven't touched an analog since.

I couldn't really stand to use the auto batt so I decided to do a little scouring around and found a guide to wiring a USB cable straight to a battery connection on a 510.

It looks funky as hell but man does it perform. I have a PCC for when I'm at work and when I'm at home it's time to plug in and relax.

Now I'm starting to mess with flavors. I got some mocha latte that doesn't have much coffee flavor in it and I stumbled upon a post about wrapping some up into a coffee and putting into a tobacco flavored liquid for a bit.

Hoping it works out because the liquid i got isn't bad, just is lacking the coffee taste I wanted.

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
ECF has lifted the restrictions on suppliers in social groups, so it looks like i can be a part of our little forum once again, nice to be back ;)

Yeah. Welcome back Joe !!!! Feel free to mention your products here as long as it won't mess you up with ECF. As far as Im concerned you're doing us a public service. Your products can arrive at anyone's door next day as you're in State so thats a plus everyone should know about.

kno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
i really appreciate it doc, however, the thread on this was pretty specific about not advertising your products in the private forums... so i'll have to keep everything on the "down low." however if anyone is interesting in iVape's products, sales, or services, i would be more than happy to answer and questions, comments, or PM's.

it's just good to know that after months of "silently stalking" this forum, i'm able to comment and interact once again. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread