IPV 400, anybody else get one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I picked up one on a stock-up whim at a good price without checking it out first. I must say, I am really liking this mod! Least important to me, but will start with the looks on the black on silver, I like the look with all my black or SS tanks. I wasn't sure about the centered 510, but after some use find it rather nice. No matter which hand or how I grab it, it just feels right. And that may be my biggest plus for this mod.....the firing button. With my clunky hands, this is the first mod that I can comfortably and easily fire with my index finger. For me, that is actually easier even using my left hand. With one "flat" side and one "rounded", I can tell the instant I pick it up whether to use my thumb or finger to hit the fire button.

I am not sure yet if the battery life is as good as the Sig or Fuchai 213, but seems pretty close. Since I mentioned those mods, they chased me away a bit from TC, so have only used the 400 in power mode. But based on the performance so far and a couple on-line reviews, I may just have to give it a go.

I certainly am not an expert on the finer points of mods, especially in TC mode, but like the ipv 400 enough to suggest giving it a look. And am curious about opinions of others that have it, so let me/us know what you think.

Reactions: MMW

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
It would seem there is little interest in the IPV 400, curious as to why? Perhaps everybody has already gotten well stocked. If anybody cares, here's a couple pics next to the Sig 213 for comparison. And by all means, if there is some known issue with the 400, it won't hurt my feelings if you share them.

IPV 400 #1.jpg

IPV 400 #2.jpg

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Just not a fan. I have the 4s and needed non existent customer service. TC mode is a joke as well. That's all.

OK, thanks. Had to ask since between Sigelei questionable products/service and any IPV perceived "problems", were I to eliminate both, I would give up 6 mods and be down to one mod and I can't afford to start over. Helps that I am not that into TC. Perhaps I am lucky that I have not needed costumer service on any of my gear. Hope my luck holds!

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Personally, I skipped the 400 and have a 6x on pre-order.

As far as P4U and the IPV4S goes, I just drained a tank and a set of batteries in TC mode on mine. Never had an issue. I think the IPV4S is a good solid mod. (however rather large to todays standards)

I'm looking forward to some IPV6X goodness in a few weeks.

Reactions: OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2014
    Nebraska
    How is the battery door on the bottom? Hopefully P4U gave it some love and it is not wonky.

The door feels a bit "wonky" or wobbly when open, but solid and tight when closed. Hopefully it stays that way, but only time will tell. Appears to be a fairly solid "pin" (ETA: one on each side) in the door hinge that protrudes on both sides into a hole in the body of the mod.

Reactions: GeorgeS

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    d9nh48X.jpg

Not had long, but so far it seems pretty good, finish isn't bad, the blue could meet the silver better in places though.

Battery door I think is actually a bit better than the Sig 213, easy to open and close and no battery rattle.

I like the fire button, nice and clickey, but can't say the same for the + and - buttons, they are very mushy, but I don't change setting very often, so not a big deal. No misfires yet, so that is a big plus over the Sig 213.

Overall I happy with it, especially for what I paid for it :)

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I was thinking of getting this and a 6. Seems like the same battery door, which is my only concern. I reckon the chips are fairly similar, SX330, except for the F4 and F6 descriptions on each.

So, the battery doors and contacts..... How do you guys feel about them?

I think the battery door in the IPV400 is good, it is easy to open and close, but not so easy it will open by itself, no battery rattle, think it is better than the Sig 213 battery door, I always have a bit of struggle to open it, and takes me 2-3 attempts to close it properly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread