Status
Not open for further replies.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I just put a brand new. 2 ohm nickel coil in my herakles tank, on the IPV d2. Went to lock the resistance and it was reading just over 1.0 ohms. Took tank apart and made sure coil head was tightened down securely, tried again and consistently getting around .5 ohms. What's the deal? Idk what is going on
kind of an obvious question but did you check resistance on another mod? At least you eliminate the D2 as the culprit potentially!

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
I measured the resistance with a dmm.
One thing I've noticed with the d2 is even with a room temp coil, when you hold +&-buttons to lock resistance, the resistance will walk down, like as you hold it, it will slowly creep down but does seem to level off eventually.
After vaping it a little I tried to lock resistance again and it finally registered at the correct value. It always vapes great but the resistance lock seems to be finicky most of the time.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I measured the resistance with a dmm.
One thing I've noticed with the d2 is even with a room temp coil, when you hold +&-buttons to lock resistance, the resistance will walk down, like as you hold it, it will slowly creep down but does seem to level off eventually.
After vaping it a little I tried to lock resistance again and it finally registered at the correct value. It always vapes great but the resistance lock seems to be finicky most of the time.
if so, either the coil has been pulsed and is cooling down, or the build is no good. It shouldnt do this. Neither of mine do (exclept if the build is a bit ropey)..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread