The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

IPV Mini V2 ???

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by DHubbs, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DHubbs

DHubbs Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2014
    Canton, Georgia, USA
    Has anybody been able to get their hands on an IPV Mini v2 70W yet? I'm considering getting it and I was wondering how it performs. It seems its somewhat of a "Limited edition" why or how is beyond me Haha. But it sounds like a pretty good regulated mod for the price (About $70-$80).

2. TorontoOntario

TorontoOntario Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2014
    Canada
    I don't think its limited edition, it might not be out yet I am not to sure. I haven't seen it on any of the vendor sites I frequent although I have read about it, same form factor just 40 more W. Looks decent, its not to "mini" so I really dint care for only 30W. Something the size of the Clopour or Istick30 can get away with being 30W IMO.

3. v1k1ng1001

v1k1ng1001 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 17, 2012
    Edinburg, TX
    At $70 that would be a great value.

4. Trailz

Trailz Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 4, 2014
    NE OH US
  5. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to Variable Voltage APV Discussion from APV Discussion

6. crxess

crxess Grumpy Ole Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Well, decided to be one of the first again.

Placed my order with OriginVape for a Black v2 $62.99(w/discount) + shipping
    Had to float it on a CC to spread the cost out over the next 2 months - budget is blown.:facepalm:
    Wonder how many spare batteries I'll need to carry?:blink:

7. Dan GSR

Dan GSR Senior Member Verified Member

Dec 10, 2014
    NY
    Have a coupon code?

8. HuntDucks590

HuntDucks590 Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Joliet, IL
    Thats the cheapest I've seen it. I ordered one from MyVaporStore tonight because they had everything I wanted in stock with reasonable prices. Hopefully the storm doesn't delay shipping too long.

Right now I have a Spinner set up and an Atlantis with sub ohm battery, So I had to order batteries and a charger. I threw a Subtank Mini in as well,it will be interesting to compare it with the Atlantis.

9. Dan GSR

Dec 10, 2014
    NY
    Must resist
    My only concern is battery life of single 18650 @ 70 watts

10. crxess

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md

Origin Vapes - Redditready - 10% off

11. Jethro66

Jethro66 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    GTA Ontario
    I have the 30 watt version which is perfect for my needs and going strong,but decided to get the iPV4..Kinda peeved that they released this version

12. crxess

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Go for it!
    You probably won't spend a lot of time at 70w, but it will be nice to kick above 30w if needed once in a while.:)
    I picked up an Origin and a Dark horse that both seem to need the extra kick. They would well on a Mech but are lacking at 30w.
    Both see about 60w on a fully charged 18650:D

13. time2quit

time2quit Moved On ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    upstate new york
    Just when I was going to pull the trigger on a Sigelei 50watt v2, I come across this! Decisions, decisions....is there anything better about this then the Sigelei 50w v2? Inquiring minds want to know!! : )

14. crxess

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Well, it is running the YiHi SX330v2 Chip updated to 70w. Same chip as the IPV 2S I believe.
    Cloupor says SX330 v2c - (c) would be the Cloupor designation - :laugh:

20 EXTRA Watts :D

15. Croak

Croak Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 13, 2012
    Right behind you...
    OriginVapes does give free USPS standard shipping on that $62.99 (with coupon) IPV Mini V2, by the way (or any order over $50). They're also one of the few places that still has Delta II tanks in stock, at $34 (though no RBA or spare heads for sale), and decently priced Subtank Mini ($35) and Nanos ($29) as well.

16. crxess

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Yea.......................but I don't trust USPS as it is. I paid the $5.xx extra for Priority. Already 1/2 here and just shipped this morning. Might make it here by Friday if USPS doesn't Spaz out again:facepalm:

It's My Moddy and I want it- NOW! :laugh:

17. Croak

Nov 13, 2012
    Right behind you...
    Oh, trust me, I know that gotta have it now feeling. :)

18. Croak

Nov 13, 2012
    Right behind you...
    And I just now noticed that the black Mini v2 is 100% less tacky looking. Black is actually black, buttons are black, and the check for broccoli stuck in your teeth mirror display is now dark. Shame they couldn't murder out the battery cap too. And still can't figure out why it has a goat on it now.

[​IMG]

19. Bored2Tears

Bored2Tears Super Member Verified Member

Sep 26, 2014
    Western South Dakota
    I'm buyin this ipv mini 2 . I might be overlooking obvious stuff, but will risk asking anyway. Need help with battery recommendation because I only ever owned mods with non replacable batteries before.

Should the 18650 be flat top on this mod? I think so......but wasn't really finding confirmation. (Not sure if a button top would make the bottom of the mod not sit flush)

What do you all recommend for battery? I will be using on Lemo with probably minimum 1 ohm builds, but eventually will buy a subohm 0.50 clearo, probably Eleaf MELO or the Delta II. I had been in on a co op for that Delta but it fell through. Looking at LG HE2's primarily. Would that be a good one?

I have fair understanding of ohms law / battery drain and it seems that this mod would be capable of exceeding the limits of some batteries if subohming down to .2. But I assure you, I don't intend to be below .5 anyway.

20. Dan GSR

Dec 10, 2014
    NY
    Flat top he2 is perfect

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.