Status
Not open for further replies.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Busardo's test of the ipv Mini does show a "boost" on the SX330 of about an extra volt, for about a second, then a smooth ramp down to expected voltage.

http://youtu.be/nisQf54DnVc?t=25m5s

My thinking is that it's by design, since the later SX350 does the same thing, albeit with user control when using the firing mode feature.

And the ipv Mini/SX330 does a "simulated" step-down via PWM mode, also shown a couple minutes later in the video above. Goes as low as 1.5v at 5w on a 0.6 ohm coil.

The ipv Mini v2 is using the SX330 V2C chip and not the SX130 chip like the normal Mini however. It's the IPV2S chip inside the IPV Mini body basically. So I'm not sure if the V2C acts the same as the 130 chip. Can't recall Phil's output findings on the IPV2 atm and not sure if the S chip behaves any different. (Phil never tested the V2S or V3)

Sunburst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2014
Williamsport, PA
I don't know if it was mentioned in here, but with SX chips, the last letter is just a designation for the box maker. C for cloupor, S for Sigelei, etc. As least that is what I saw somewhere on the Internet. I'd imagine that the purchase contract would include certain tweaks like the IPVs having the memory presets and slightly different button functions. For you tech heads, it's sort of the difference between OCZ's SF-2281 drives and Intel's.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
I don't know if it was mentioned in here, but with SX chips, the last letter is just a designation for the box maker. C for cloupor, S for Sigelei, etc. As least that is what I saw somewhere on the Internet. I'd imagine that the purchase contract would include certain tweaks like the IPVs having the memory presets and slightly different button functions. For you tech heads, it's sort of the difference between OCZ's SF-2281 drives and Intel's.

I don't think that's 100% correct. Pretty sure Green Leaf was the first company to have access to the SX 330 V2 S, which by letter would suggest was made for Sigelei. And I know Green leaf had that chip in their hands as soon as it was released by YiHi.

Last edited:

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
I didn't even notice the satanic goat head till you pointed it out. I don't understand the need for any manufacturers to put their graffiti on stuff. Guess I'll have to rock some 90's Slayer tunes whilst I vape it.
90s?? All their good albums came out in the 80s!!!

Sunburst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2014
Williamsport, PA
I don't think that's 100% correct. Pretty sure Green Leaf was the first company to have access to the SX 330 V2 S, which by letter would suggest was made for Sigelei. And I know Green leaf had that chip in their hands as soon as it was released by YiHi.

Fair enough, thanks for clearing that up. It made sense when I read it, live and learn though. :)

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Have mine in hand. Been vaping on it for about 2 hours.

Okay, first the skinny.
This is exactly like the Mini 30 on the outside, except they figured out what BLACK is and mine has a Goats head on it. Bezel is Bklack not Chrome.
Came well packaged, just like the Mini 30w.
Even had Mini 30w instructions in the Box. Had to do a double take and make sure I hadn't been ripped.

Function:
Same 5 Memory slots
7w - 70w - SORT OF
No PWM or DC-DC selection
No Mobil................that I have found yet
Press up/down together - MOD LOCKS - will not fire < would have made more since to lock the preset to prevent accidentally switching>

Power and UP simply shows the Memory Slot
Power and Down starts dropping Wattage

Basically - You get more power and less features for 40% more money - :laugh:

Performance - The mini 2 rips the mini30w a new one at 30 watts.
Ohms seem to read correctly - Even though they stayed with single place reading. .5 not .56 grrrrr

With a Dark Horse on top at 3ohms this thing Billows at 40w, clouds get THICK and Heavy at 50w

You do not want to accidentally hit a Tank set up for 30w at 50w:facepalm: Instant Char Broil :ohmy:

Compared the mini 2 to the Cloupor mini at 30w since it hits harder than the IPV Mini. Cloupor Never stood a chance.

Tested a Kayfun at 5 watts - Same as the 30w in DC-DC mode, hitting around 12w-13w

Final thoughts
I purchased this to fire some of my higher end design RDA's and my Orchids. In this respect this is a win. Does exactly what (I) need it to.For heavier hitters I say, for the price, go for it.
For the casual Vapor - I would recommend sticking with the 30w for its flexibility.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Nice, thanks! Never ordered from SV, but they are in WI....quite a bit closer to me, and price is better than vapenw. Had good experience ordering from SweetVapes?

Real good group to do business with and fast shipping. They are a preferred supplier and this is crazy, they answer their phone if you call.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Have mine in hand. Been vaping on it for about 2 hours.

Okay, first the skinny.
This is exactly like the Mini 30 on the outside, except they figured out what BLACK is and mine has a Goats head on it. Bezel is Bklack not Chrome.
Came well packaged, just like the Mini 30w.
Even had Mini 30w instructions in the Box. Had to do a double take and make sure I hadn't been ripped.

Function:
Same 5 Memory slots
7w - 70w - SORT OF
No PWM or DC-DC selection
No Mobil................that I have found yet
Press up/down together - MOD LOCKS - will not fire < would have made more since to lock the preset to prevent accidentally switching>

Power and UP simply shows the Memory Slot
Power and Down starts dropping Wattage

Basically - You get more power and less features for 40% more money - :laugh:

Performance - The mini 2 rips the mini30w a new one at 30 watts.
Ohms seem to read correctly - Even though they stayed with single place reading. .5 not .56 grrrrr

With a Dark Horse on top at 3ohms this thing Billows at 40w, clouds get THICK and Heavy at 50w

You do not want to accidentally hit a Tank set up for 30w at 50w:facepalm: Instant Char Broil :ohmy:

Compared the mini 2 to the Cloupor mini at 30w since it hits harder than the IPV Mini. Cloupor Never stood a chance.

Tested a Kayfun at 5 watts - Same as the 30w in DC-DC mode, hitting around 12w-13w

Final thoughts
I purchased this to fire some of my higher end design RDA's and my Orchids. In this respect this is a win. Does exactly what (I) need it to.For heavier hitters I say, for the price, go for it.
For the casual Vapor - I would recommend sticking with the 30w for its flexibility.

Yeah ... The IPV Mini 2 is just an IPV2S in an IPV Mini body. Which I prefer because I don't use PWM or Mobile charging and I'd rather have the ability to LOCK the device.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Yeah ... The IPV Mini 2 is just an IPV2S in an IPV Mini body. Which I prefer because I don't use PWM or Mobile charging and I'd rather have the ability to LOCK the device.

Yep, that is exactly why I couldn't pull the trigger on one, already have a IPV2X. The mini form factor is slightly smaller/comfortable(subjectively), and the v2 has an extra 10W on my 2X, but still couldn't justify pulling the trigger on one. The battery is arguably easier to change on the mini, but I found it kind of janky on the v1 mini we have.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
For me it's like this ...

If I wanted to hit lower wattages using PWM I'd dig out my Vamo. If I want to charge my phone on the go I'll use a $10 usb battery bank ... not buy a 510 to usb adapter just so I can drain my 18650s like crazy.

Lock feature on the other hand ... no chance of firing in my pocket or someone holding down the fire button unknowingly burning my cotton, all while being able to pull it out and be vaping in less than 2 seconds.

Obviously everyone is different but I much prefer what the SX330S chip has to offer compared to the SX130, wattage aside. I never really thought the touch sensor on the IPV2 was gimmicky (it DOES have practical use for some). The mobile charging ... on a single 18650 ... with no included adapter on the other hand ... Mucho Gimmikyo IMHO.

The PWM is practical but again ... if you want to vape lower wattage don't use sub-ohm builds or just dust off the old Vamo/15 Watt device that many people have collecting dust or can be found practically for free these days.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Yep, that is exactly why I couldn't pull the trigger on one, already have a IPV2X. The mini form factor is slightly smaller/comfortable(subjectively), and the v2 has an extra 10W on my 2X, but still couldn't justify pulling the trigger on one. The battery is arguably easier to change on the mini, but I found it kind of janky on the v1 mini we have.

Makes sense since you have both an IPV2S and IPV Mini. Slightly smaller, ergo-friendly design, and better battery placement are the reasons I'm personally buying the upgrade to my standard IPV2 (not to mention the price). I vape at around 35 watts so increased wattage wasn't a major factor.

Piloteers

Jan 17, 2015
Schaumburg, IL
Nice, thanks! Never ordered from SV, but they are in WI....quite a bit closer to me, and price is better than vapenw. Had good experience ordering from SweetVapes?

Just make sure to place your order before 3pm CST, I've been buying stuff from them online for the past year and they have good prices and a good reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread