IPV Mini V2 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
I'm a little disappointed in my ipv Mini 2. It came in the mail this morning and I've been using it all day. Operationally it seems to function fine. I'm just a little disappointed that the 510 connection has a tilt to it and the pin sticks up very far. So much so that it worries me regarding the longevity.

2d6dc57dfd935405e744726aa30277a9.jpg

Maybe it's normal for the pin to sit so high. So far no connection problems and devices screw down fine (albeit at a slight angle).
fd1500acbe5ef4c077dd1770b12a9859.jpg

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Your 510 is not pressed in squarely. I would tell you how to fix it but it is possible to damage if not careful.

Others have posted their fixes in the ipv mini thread.

All the mini's have a long pin through. Only way to damage is with a Magma - overtightened. Don't ask:facepalm:

Last edited:

Brobdingnagian

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Those still searching for the iPV Mini 2 can find it at Vapenw for $59.99+ shipping.

iPV Mini 2 by Pioneer4You

I could have waited a few days to order, but....well, I'm pretty confident it'll be worth the 69.99 I paid for it before the price rapidly dropped.

:p

Slated to arrive Thursday; pairing with a set of Lemo Drop (Stainless/Black) and powering it up.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Those still searching for the iPV Mini 2 can find it at Vapenw for $59.99+ shipping.

iPV Mini 2 by Pioneer4You

I could have waited a few days to order, but....well, I'm pretty confident it'll be worth the 69.99 I paid for it before the price rapidly dropped.

:p

Slated to arrive Thursday; pairing with a set of Lemo Drop (Stainless/Black) and powering it up.

Looks like they have the Sans-a-Goat version there, which is nice. Do keep in mind that if the order is under $75, Vapenw charges $5.00 for shipping, so you really only paid $5 more, and you get it sooner. :)

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Had more time to look at this tonight and found too faults thus far.

1) Computer won't recognize the device. From what I'm being told, the SX program needs an update for this. I was under the impression this v2 used the same chip as the IPV2S. So either it's a slightly different chip, or more likely ... they changed some of the firmware and the current firmware does not communicate with windows atm.

2) The 510 is a mm or two crooked, not allowing my atties to sit flush 100% all the way around. Tried screwing down an atty with pliers to see if I could get it to sit in place properly but all I did was mange to scratch some of the paint.

Last edited:

robertr

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Manitoba
Tc1, you will probably have to use a punch to tap it in place, preferably brass. If you screw it up that will give you an excuse to put a better 510 on it, kind of like the SX mini. I have one coming from Varitube, just in case. I will also be putting some dielactric grease on the battery cap to prevent the wear and bad connection I have read about.
I watched Pbusardo's video on the ipv2, it did not communicate with the computer in his review, maybe the 2s is different.

Last edited:

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD

1) Computer won't recognize the device. From what I'm being told, the SX program needs and update for this. I was under the impression this v2 used the same chip as the IPV2S. So either it's a slightly different chip, or more likely ... they changed some of the firmware and the current firmware does not communicate with windows atm.

2) The 510 is a mm or two crooked, not allowing my atties to sit flush 100% all the way around. Tried screwing down an atty with pliers to see if I could get it to sit in place properly but all I did was mange to scratch some of the paint.

In response to 1) I believe the board in the mini v2 is the sx 330 v2c (not software upgradable), same as the IPV2X board, but programmed to 70w instead of 60w. The IPV2S has the sx 330 v2s board, which is software upgradable.

If you look at the yihi site the sx 330 boards with the S designation are the ones that offer software updates.

I have never seen the mini v2 advertised with a v2s board.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

1) Computer won't recognize the device. From what I'm being told, the SX program needs and update for this. I was under the impression this v2 used the same chip as the IPV2S. So either it's a slightly different chip, or more likely ... they changed some of the firmware and the current firmware does not communicate with windows atm.

1) this does not require an update. It is already at the specs of the Updated v2s chip.
Boards are set to Purchasers request(Pioneer4You). Software would need to match for it to be picked up on the PC.

2) Forcing an Atomizer down simply locked it against the Body. The pressed in 510 is not seated level.
Read in the IPV mini thread for some hints to straighten.
I've scratched the paint on all 3 of my mini's :laugh:

*** Punch is a Very Bad Idea - Cast Body. Aussie ECF member posted a pic of a Broken 510 section in the IPV mini thread.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
My 19mm atomic atty sits perfectly flush so I don't think it's the 510 rather, it must just be the airflow base/"juice well" tapering.

Confusing me. Flush and Tapered do not mix. If one device sits flush all should sit flush. Look carefully at the positioning of the 510 in the IPV. Most are easy to detect if tilted(not seated fully)

now lost :blink:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
When I screw a 22mm atty on it ... the side closest to the screen has about a 1mm gap while the others side (curved side) sits flush with no gape what so ever.

Okay, then your 510 fitting is tilted high on the screen side. Leverage toward the screen to level.(oops, I didn't recommend that :unsure:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread