iPV Mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehdarkaura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2014
CO
About the only thing I would purchase at a B&M besides a mod is new juices. I like the fact that my local shop and many others in my area allow you to taste first. I've got a lot of eliq that I bought online that I just don't like... $ thrown down the toilet. At least I can try first at the B&M buy one from them, then buy more online!

I don't like the tasting bars -- I dont want to catch the herps puffing on some lame clearo ;)

tehdarkaura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2014
CO
?? herps and lame?

I've only seen tasting bars where everyone gets their own drip tip.

thats a little better than around here -- all the places i've been to have these little silicone caps..

But I mean -- really??
at least half the people I know "exhale" before they "inhale"...
that puts saliva in to the system....

I mean if they let you drip a few drops in to your rda or made you buy an RDA to taste with that would be better in my view...

Puttyandnapalm

Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Maryland
sorry to bump an older thread, but I've been using the IPV Mini for just over a month after upgrading from ego style batteries. I've really enjoyed it, but I fear I've stripped the threads. I searched the forum and didn't find any one else reporting this problem, so i'm not sure if its user error or a bad item. Asmodus doesn't cover stripped threads under their warranty.

Any idea what I should do?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
sorry to bump an older thread, but I've been using the IPV Mini for just over a month after upgrading from ego style batteries. I've really enjoyed it, but I fear I've stripped the threads. I searched the forum and didn't find any one else reporting this problem, so i'm not sure if its user error or a bad item. Asmodus doesn't cover stripped threads under their warranty.

Either you have been way over tightening or you have 1-2 tanks with undersized threading(Bad on 510's)
There are fixes if you are handy.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

Either you have been way over tightening or you have 1-2 tanks with undersized threading(Bad on 510's)
There are fixes if you are handy.

Just for clarity's sake, which threads are stripped (510 connector or battery compartment)?

Puttyandnapalm

Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Maryland
Just for clarity's sake, which threads are stripped (510 connector or battery compartment)?

The 510's, sorry. I have been using a few subtank minis as my main tank. I change very often and think either a) dirt/etc from my pocket gets on the threads of the subtank mini when it gets screwed in it damaged the threads or b) either been tightening too much or c) occasionally tightening crooked.

does anywhere sell i new 510 base i could solder in place of the old one? what other options might be out there?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The 510's, sorry. I have been using a few subtank minis as my main tank. I change very often and think either a) dirt/etc from my pocket gets on the threads of the subtank mini when it gets screwed in it damaged the threads or b) either been tightening too much or c) occasionally tightening crooked.

does anywhere sell i new 510 base i could solder in place of the old one? what other options might be out there?

Sorry to see that, Putty. To be honest, I'm not sure if you can purchase just that part. I'd be surprised, but I guess it's possible. It might be worth reaching out to IPV Electronic Cigarette - just to ask.

There are a couple of email addresses in the Contact Us section. Good luck and please let us know how it works out. I hope you can get the part.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread